PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wiederer article on Nolan - A must read

DevilHorns
10-17-2010, 11:57 AM
http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2010/10/17/1039600?sac=Sports

An incredibly powerful article. Nolan is a special man, not just a special basketball player. I'm overwhelmingly proud that he is a Blue Devil. His mentorship for other players who have lost a parent shows a degree of emotional maturity and social responsibility that is years beyond what I would expect of someone his age. Incredible.

Go ahead and try and read this article without letting the tears flow.

NashvilleDevil
10-17-2010, 12:21 PM
http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2010/10/17/1039600?sac=Sports

An incredibly powerful article. Nolan is a special man, not just a special basketball player. I'm overwhelmingly proud that he is a Blue Devil. His mentorship for other players who have lost a parent shows a degree of emotional maturity and social responsibility that is years beyond what I would expect of someone his age. Incredible.

Go ahead and try and read this article without letting the tears flow.

Great article. Is it possible to like Nolan more than I already do?

Gthoma2a
10-17-2010, 01:17 PM
If Quinn commits, I have to say that I think our program will have had 4 players through this type of distress in the last few years. Nolan, Kyrie, Quinn, and Andre have all had very difficult ordeals and all four (three are members of the team so far, but Quinn seems to have that strength too) seem to be very strong about it. That may be a coincidence, but it seems to me that K may be able to read people and see that strength as a reason to recruit these players (he obvioulsy didn't know about Andre's sister, but K seems to recruit guys with an uncommon level of character). It makes me proud to love this program when we have players who are even better people who can maintain the good within themselves, even in their darkest moments.

moonpie23
10-17-2010, 08:05 PM
my dad passed last year......i miss him so much....i can't imagine how hard it is to lose your dad at such a young age.....

nolan seems like he is somehow managing to cope...

good luck young man.....your dad is proud of you....

uh_no
10-17-2010, 09:18 PM
nolan seems like he is somehow managing to cope...

Did you read the article last year from OTL?

nolan had a lot of trouble coping up until last year....part of the reason he had such a tough sophomore season was losing johnny dawkins......who might have been the biggest father figure he'd had in his life....from what i've read...it took nolan time to finally be able understand that he didn't need someone there with him, that he could do it by himself....and he turned it into a national championship