PDA

View Full Version : Oh man so excited

Lord Ash
10-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Okay, this didn't seem to fit anywhere, soooooo...

OMGSOEXCITEDAHHHBASKETBALLAHHHFINALLYITISSTARTINGH OLYCOW!!!!!

I am having a hard time containing my excitement. I cannot believe the season is upon us!!

Anyone else sort of dying of excitement?:)

(And are we allowed to have a thread just for excitement?:) )

Reddevil
10-15-2010, 10:20 AM
On the one hand, I kinda hate to put last year in the rearview mirror, but on the other - WOW! This season is going to be a fun one. Last year was one of the best coaching jobs I've ever seen. K did some things that he has not done before (in totality), and won it all. This year it seems all the pieces are in place to run the D and O the way he likes to do it. It almost seems like Seth is a luxury piece of the puzzle. As always, it will be great to see the new guys, the guys that did not play as much last year, and the guys that did in new rolls with improvement. Yeah - psyched!:D

WiJoe
10-15-2010, 10:43 AM
LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't afford the Duke total access, and I KNOW espn coverage will not satisfy me. Gonna be great to see what they show, though.

ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:cool:

Taco
10-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Would you say that you just can't hide it?

Are you, perhaps, about to lose control?

Do ... do you think maybe ... you like it?

Bluedog
10-15-2010, 10:56 AM
I hear you! It's been nice reveling in championship glory for the past several months, but it's quite another thing to actually get to watch some great games. Even though I won't be able to watch anything tonight, I'm still exciting just knowing that practice is beginning! It's upon us! This team is going to be a lot of fun to walk with it's fast pace and transition buckets. Not to mention the 8 Kyrie-to-Plumlee alley-oops I expect per game. :D Even Kyrie can through it down so a Curry-to-Irving alley-oop isn't too far fetched. Man, really everybody can through it down (except maybe Seth, haven't seen him dunk, but I haven't really seen him in general). Dre has got some major hops. This might be the best three-point shooting ever (although it's a bit premature), while also being a very athletic dunking team. Everybody essentially can shoot the three (except Miles maybe? I know Mason doesn't shoot it out there very often but he definitely has the range). And everybody has killer dunks. 3's and dunks? Not that you can only survive on those things, but that's a lot of fun to watch!

Here's crazie talk's blog to get you more into it.

http://www.crazie-talk.com/2010/10/15/the-countdown/

They were the first ones in line (at 6:53 am) for CTC tonight and have some pictures of nice hardware up. ;)

gus
10-15-2010, 11:03 AM

I am having a hard time containing my excitement. I cannot believe the season is upon us!!

Hey - I tried PM'ing you, but your inbox is full. Are you planning on going to the Butler game?

Battierfan01
10-15-2010, 11:19 AM

Yeah, I am having a very hard time getting anything done at work today. I can't think about anything but DUKE basketball. I get chills very time I think about seeing that 4th banner go up tonight. I will be there as soon as the doors to Cameron open tonight!!;)

PADukeMom
10-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Would you say that you just can't hide it?

Are you, perhaps, about to lose control?

Do ... do you think maybe ... you like it?

Thanks alot!!! Now I am singing Pointer Sisters instead of Usher now. Then again it is the Friday of Midnite Madness where our quest for nets continues.

I am now also kicking myself in the butt because I made plans to go to New York on December 4th completly forgetting the Butler game. Just going to have to go to the St. Johns game instead.
Ok now opinions here...Bar-B-Que Fritos are my game time snack since 2001. Do you think I should have them in hand for tonite or is it okay to wait until we play our first game?

Lord Ash
10-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Hey - I tried PM'ing you, but your inbox is full. Are you planning on going to the Butler game?

Hey sorry, just emptied out some stuff:)

I am indeed planning on going to Butler, and in fact my old Tent #1 buddy who moved to California is likely coming in for it, as well as to watch Michigan State, so THAT is super exciting too! No tickets yet, but the friend has some connections, so I am hoping for a couple of seats:)

Holy cow, EVERYTHING is super exciting right now:D

DukeDiva
10-15-2010, 02:26 PM
I am so excited I can't stand it!! I also bought myself an early Christmas gift...tickets to watch Duke in the CBE Classic in KC. So question to those who have GoDuke insider, is it worth the money?

AZLA
10-15-2010, 02:52 PM
BBQ Fritos! Pointer Sisters music! Basketball season starting! Excellente! I think I know how my evening is shaping up to be (in addition to Poker) -- just can't think of what type of tasty beer to wash it down with and what's for dessert.

Per the question -- to have BBQ Fritos or not to have BBQ Fritos?

Interesting dilemma.

I think the important question is -- when did you have the BBQ Fritos last year? Was it the first official game? If so, I think you need to look seriously at any possible ramifications the BBQ Fritos have on overall Good Luck.

Let's review.

You mentioned you ate BBQ Fritos in 2001. Was that for the 2001 Season (meaning the first game in 2000, resulting in a National Championship)?

If so, how does that compare to the beginning of last year's season? Did you wait until the first game also?

If you see a pattern emerging whereby you consume BBQ Fritos on the same day as the opening game (for '01 and '10), and Duke won the Championship that season, then STOP -- put the Frito down and remember the gravity of your snacking decision.

If however there is no tangible link between the (a) day you first consumed BBQ Fritos as part of your Duke basketball watching enjoyment; and, (b) the day Duke plays its first official game, then by all means, enjoy.

That's not to say, if there is no cosmic or superstitious link, you shouldn't think about starting a tradition this year -- if Duke should be so fortunate to do well this season.

It could become a long-term tradition that I think would surpass the accuracy of Punxsutawney Phil. That vermin has been slipping lately anyhow.

Anytime you combine the bold flavors of BBQ and Fritos, with Duke basketball -- powerful things happen. So tread lightly and use that power for good.

If you cannot wait to eat either the Fritos or BBQ -- no problem -- eat them seperately. You just can't combine them together prior to chewing.

If the desire is to strong, I'm sure people on this board can provide support.

Best of luck and GO DUKE!
:D

gam7
10-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Just saw a clip of Kyrie at the NC Pro Am and he was wearing some sweet-looking Duke blue and black shoes. I hope we see some of the guys wear those this season. It's about time Nike hooked us up with some sweet Duke shoes.

noyac
10-15-2010, 04:03 PM
I had no idea that BBQ fritos were so important to Duke's success. I may need to obtain some tonight.

SilkyJ
10-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Just saw a clip of Kyrie at the NC Pro Am and he was wearing some sweet-looking Duke blue and black shoes. I hope we see some of the guys wear those this season. It's about time Nike hooked us up with some sweet Duke shoes.

Per airowe's twitter:

http://yfrog.com/j34g0jj

Guess who those belong too :)

Lord Ash
10-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Per airowe's twitter:

http://yfrog.com/j34g0jj

Guess who those belong too :)

Awesome! Although shouldn't it be "whose?"

Ahh not long to go!:D

DukieInBrasil
10-15-2010, 08:21 PM
This might be the best three-point shooting ever (although it's a bit premature), while also being a very athletic dunking team. Everybody essentially can shoot the three (except Miles maybe? I know Mason doesn't shoot it out there very often but he definitely has the range). And everybody has killer dunks. 3's and dunks? Not that you can only survive on those things, but that's a lot of fun to watch!

Miles made the only 3 he has taken in his collegiate career, so maybe he's just waiting til this year to unleash it. I don't know what Josh's reputation on shooting the 3ball is, so he's the only question-mark to me in regards to the 3.

4decadedukie
10-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Seeing National Championship banner #4 unfurled on ESPNU simply makes my heart overflow with excitement, enthusiasm and pride. In my mid-sixties, I honest fell like a freshman in Cameron. Our depth, our experience, our leadership, our savvy, our coaching, and especially our CHARACTER make '10-'11 a potentially superb season.

Rip Them Up . . .