PDA

View Full Version : Seating for UNC Greensboro @ Greensboro Col.

Ibleedblue87
10-14-2010, 09:54 PM
I bought tix for the UNC Greensboro game at the Greensboro Coliseum and was wondering where our seats would be. When I bought them, they said that they were Iron Duke priority and did not know what that meant. I am not an Iron Duke, so does anyone have any ideas?

wtm001
10-14-2010, 10:34 PM
I bought tix for the UNC Greensboro game at the Greensboro Coliseum and was wondering where our seats would be. When I bought them, they said that they were Iron Duke priority and did not know what that meant. I am not an Iron Duke, so does anyone have any ideas?

Iron Dukes get priority seating, so they will get the closest seats. You'll have to wait til the ticket buying period is over and then your seats will be given to you.

Duke: A Dynasty
10-15-2010, 03:30 AM
Hmm no idea. But I will be there for that game. I have a very good friend who goes to school at UNCG and he is giving me a ticket for the student section.

4decadedukie
10-15-2010, 07:29 AM
they were Iron Duke priority and did not know what that meant.

FYI and not really concerning your UNC-G seating, each year donors to the Iron Dukes are assigned a "priority group" based upon the size of the individual's annual donation and (I believe) the number of years of (consecutive?) ID giving. This group category is used to determine things, specifically including basketball ticketing/seating; for example, when Duke goes to the Final Four next year, those with the highest 2010-2011 ID priority will be able to request tickets before other ID members and other Dukies, and their seat assignments are likely to be somewhat better. As already mentioned, your UNC-G ID seating probably means that you will be sated in somewhat closer to the court in the Duke section/block. I hope this helps you.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-15-2010, 08:16 AM
each year donors to the Iron Dukes are assigned a "priority group" based upon the size of the individual's annual donation and (I believe) the number of years of (consecutive?) ID giving. This group category is used to determine things, specifically including basketball ticketing/seating;
It's not the number of years that counts*, it is the cumulative total of giving that helps determine your grouping. Of course, if you give more each year, your cum will be a lot higher than someone who gives "just" $100/year to maintain their membership.

*Having basketball tickets continuously since ~1983 gets you grandfathered status to renew your tickets each year, as long as you maintain your annual giving amount, regardless of how much or how little you give. Being a grandfather is great, in more ways than one! :cool::D

DevilWearsPrada
10-15-2010, 08:35 AM
It's not the number of years that counts*, it is the cumulative total of giving that helps determine your grouping. Of course, if you give more each year, your cum will be a lot higher than someone who gives "just" $100/year to maintain their membership.

*Having basketball tickets continuously since ~1983 gets you grandfathered status to renew your tickets each year, as long as you maintain your annual giving amount, regardless of how much or how little you give. Being a grandfather is great, in more ways than one! :cool::D

In that case, OZZIE........ being a GRANDFATHER is awesome!!!

GBORO coliseum is an awesome venue to see Duke basketball. Sometimes, a game like this, is the only opportunity many get to see Duke during the season. I would recommend for all 2 go and cheer on the Blue Devils. The entire arena will be 4 Duke, with a handful for UNC-G. Home court advantage.

Scorp4me
10-15-2010, 10:04 AM
...Of course, if you give more each year, your cum will be a lot higher than someone who gives "just" $100/year to maintain their membership.

Had no clue being an Iron Duke affected THAT! I'm donating starting tomorrow!!!

Ibleedblue87
10-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks for all of the help. I had no idea. See you all there, wherever we will be sitting.