PDA

View Full Version : Best Seats for Football Game Sat?

obsesseddukefan
10-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Hi all,
I was wondering what are the best places to sit for the football game this Sat? Four of us will be making the 14 hour drive tonight to go to CTC and since it isnt all weekend like last year we decided to take in football game on Sat. We dont have tix yet but I was wondering how much they go for and what section I should try to get for the best experience. Should be a great weekend in general. Thanks for the help.. :D

mkline09
10-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi all,
I was wondering what are the best places to sit for the football game this Sat? Four of us will be making the 14 hour drive tonight to go to CTC and since it isnt all weekend like last year we decided to take in football game on Sat. We dont have tix yet but I was wondering how much they go for and what section I should try to get for the best experience. Should be a great weekend in general. Thanks for the help.. :D

Not sure if there is anything other than General Admin tickets left. If you've never been to Wallace Wade, you'll learn really quick there is no bad seat. Most of the GA section is located at the closed end of the horse shoe. Not bad seast unless Duke is driving in the opposite direction, but even then not bad. If it were going to be hot I'd say try to get tickets, if possible near where the shadow of the press box would give you some relief. But Sat. is suppose to be nice so that shouldn't be necessary. At least I hope because I sit at the closed end.

Devil07
10-14-2010, 11:40 AM
If you're trying to buy your tickets ahead of time, there definitely are plenty of really good non general admission seats left. They're $35 plus about a $2 fee per ticket for buying them online. If you go to goduke.com and click on tickets you can follow the links for the individual games. My advice would be to then click on the specific sections on the map the site shows and you'll be able to see seats. There are plenty of seats left, and some in really good areas. I'd probably recommend something in sections 23-32 since those are more likely to have all Duke fans, as opposed to the other side which may have a higher percentage of Miami fans.

budwom
10-14-2010, 11:49 AM
I strongly suggest buying the cheapest tickets, then after the game starts amble over to the visitor's side (section 6 is nice) where there are always MANY open seats...you may be near a bunch of Miami fans, but you can basically sit near midfield. You'll also be in the sun, but that should be pleasant on a 70 degree day.

CameronBornAndBred
10-14-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm pretty sure you will be able to buy a reserved seat ticket for under face value from someone at the game. I've already seen several offered up. You might even be able to find a general admission ticket or two for free.

kellsie16
10-14-2010, 01:40 PM
my sister in law got a ticket for $5 on ebay (or stubhub) i think. basically the bama fans that bought up all our season tickets are dumping them online now, so they should be easy to come by.

or, you could just wait 5 minutes into the game until we're down 21-0 and you can probably pick one up for free outside the north or east gate.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi all,
Wallace Wade Stadium is a bit like Cameron Indoor Stadium. There's really not a bad seat in the house. It's an older, more intimate setting where you can easily see and often hear much of what's taking place on the field.

Enjoy!

obsesseddukefan
10-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Sounds good everyone. I have been to Cameron a few times and I always take a pic of Wallace when I am there. This will be my first Duke Football game.

CameronBornAndBred
10-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Sounds good everyone. I have been to Cameron a few times and I always take a pic of Wallace when I am there. This will be my first Duke Football game.
To you and anyone else making it to the game, make sure to come by crazietalk.net's tent...we will be enjoying our first official Brunchgate! It's a nice place to swing in and meet some DBR posters. Bob Green will be there that day as well, bringing his lucky football mojo from out west. (The last game he attended was Maryland, and we won.) Ask while you are there, I think some of us may have some spare tickets.

obsesseddukefan
10-14-2010, 03:19 PM
To you and anyone else making it to the game, make sure to come by crazietalk.net's tent...we will be enjoying our first official Brunchgate! It's a nice place to swing in and meet some DBR posters. Bob Green will be there that day as well, bringing his lucky football mojo from out west. (The last game he attended was Maryland, and we won.) Ask while you are there, I think some of us may have some spare tickets.

That would be great! Where is the Tent located and does it matter me being there if I am not an alum?

ElonIsRising
10-14-2010, 03:45 PM
or, you could just wait 5 minutes into the game until we're down 21-0 and you can probably pick one up for free outside the north or east gate.

To me, as a die hard Dukie, it is extremely disheartening-and almost offensive- to hear other 'fans' talk about Duke like this. Just because they aren't winning ballgames right now (they will next year for sure) doesn't mean we shouldn't support them or condone those who talk about them like this.

Plus, trying to get in by re-using a bought ticket isn't fair to the athletic dept. who uses revenue from ticketing to support other sports. Just ante up and but a ticket already.

CameronBornAndBred
10-14-2010, 04:37 PM
That would be great! Where is the Tent located and does it matter me being there if I am not an alum?
I'm not an alum so it doesn't matter to me. ;) Our tent is on Devil's Alley, which is in the Card Gym parking lot. Get there early, the team walks though on the Devil's Walk 2 hours before kickoff, it's fun to be a part of. You'll see our banner and sign with "Brunchgate" written on them.

obsesseddukefan
10-14-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm not an alum so it doesn't matter to me. ;) Our tent is on Devil's Alley, which is in the Card Gym parking lot. Get there early, the team walks though on the Devil's Walk 2 hours before kickoff, it's fun to be a part of. You'll see our banner and sign with "Brunchgate" written on them.

I hope to see you there. I will for sure make it over there. Would be nice to meet some fellow DBR's this weekend.

CameronBornAndBred
10-14-2010, 10:41 PM
WOW...to anyone with thoughts of going to any of the remaining games this year, check out stubhub. You can get tickets literally for less than a dollar. Thanks Bama fans. (Unfortunately it won't help you for Miami, it's too late to buy, or they don't have any)

Here's what the UVA prospects look like. (Which also should be a good game).
http://www.stubhub.com/duke-football-tickets/duke-vs-virginia-11-6-2010-934094/

DevilWearsPrada
10-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Hi all,

I have 4 tickets for the Miami game!!! Reserved seating.....
I will be at CTC tonight.... I will PM you.......... GO DUKE