PDA

View Full Version : Two posts away from 'Whatever'

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

YmoBeThere
04-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I should have some material by then. Perhaps I need to check the writer's block thread.

Lord Ash
04-30-2008, 10:13 PM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2321/ferrynu7.jpg

ArkieDukie
04-30-2008, 10:43 PM
PW exchanges are so entertaining. Lavabe, is this a sign that the end of semester grading finished, or did you just go the route of assigning grades to steps? :D (I admit; I was often tempted to do that for lab notebooks...)

Alternative theory: procrastination. That's the explanation for my posting semi-barrage of the last few days. Post or pack, and posting is more fun!

Ymo, you can catch up. Keep the faith!

DevilAlumna
04-30-2008, 10:54 PM
PW exchanges are so entertaining. Lavabe, is this a sign that the end of semester grading finished, or did you just go the route of assigning grades to steps? :D (I admit; I was often tempted to do that for lab notebooks...)

Alternative theory: procrastination. That's the explanation for my posting semi-barrage of the last few days. Post or pack, and posting is more fun!

Ymo, you can catch up. Keep the faith!

How is the packing going? Are you taking the time to throw out stuff, or will that happen in the unpack process?

devildeac
04-30-2008, 11:01 PM
No, I did not. I was born one year after in 1961 ... which just so happens to be this post number!

:D

Did you notice anything at 1964 and 1966(I think), or did those numbers pass by in a blur also?

devildeac
04-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Lavabe has been posting away. The relentless drive to 2000 means he's not stopping to smell a thing. All I get are his fumes...

If you are not the lead poster, the view never changes:o ...

devildeac
04-30-2008, 11:04 PM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2321/ferrynu7.jpg

Impressive. You also crossed over into starter territory recently, so double congrats.

ArkieDukie
04-30-2008, 11:27 PM
How is the packing going? Are you taking the time to throw out stuff, or will that happen in the unpack process?

I'm doing some pretty major thinning out. Garage Sale Round 2 is this weekend. I've also sold some furniture. I haven't gotten to the garage yet, which contains unpacked boxes from my last move. I still have most of my lecture notes from when I taught. :eek: Most of those will get tossed, as will the 2 3-ring binders (3" each, I think) that make up my tenure packet. It's time for it to go. A ceremonial burning would be a good thing. Even more scary: I think I still have some class notes from when I was an undergrad. :eek: :o

Hey, am I venturing into LTE territory?

Okay, back on topic: several of you are nearing (or have recently passed) the number of posts equivalent to my birth year. Is that a milestone? :D

devildeac
04-30-2008, 11:37 PM
Okay, back on topic: several of you are nearing (or have recently passed) the number of posts equivalent to my birth year. Is that a milestone? :D

Unfortunately, I do not recall any post numbers designated as ArkieDukie:( :o :D

DevilAlumna
05-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Unfortunately, I do not recall any post numbers designated as ArkieDukie

Uh-oh, -jk is gonna come after you for the quote tags again!!! :eek:

DevilAlumna
05-01-2008, 12:48 AM
1984 posts gets you:

YmoBeThere
05-01-2008, 06:15 AM
Has anyone gotten to whatever yet?

ArkieDukie
05-01-2008, 09:49 AM

Not that I know of, but 10 more should get you the ArkieDukie post! :D

DevilAlumna
05-01-2008, 11:06 AM
1991-92:

ugadevil
05-01-2008, 11:13 AM

I'm one post closer to 1,000! Just a few hundred more to go.

TillyGalore
05-01-2008, 11:22 AM

IIRC, when BillyBreen started this thread is was called "Two posts away from loquacious as at the time "Loquacious" was a status much like "Victory Cigar", "Starter", etc. and Billy was celebrating his soon to be changes in status. Not long after the thread started the moderators updated status's, hence we now have "Victory Cigar", "Starter", etc with player stats mingled in. I think a moderator changed the title of the thread to "Two posts away from 'Whatever'" so as not to confuse those who hadn't been following the thread from it's inception. I don't think there is a "whatever" status.

Billy, did I get this right? Correct me if I'm wrong on any of the history of the thread.

OMG, I've been following this a little too closely. Can I get in on the group therapy discount Devildeac has been hoping for when we finally all go into therapy?

TillyGalore
05-01-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm one post closer to 1,000! Just a few hundred more to go.

Keep up the good work. Think, "I can do this, I can do this." Or just draft YMO, Lavabe, or BillyBreen and you'll get there in no time.

DevilAlumna
05-01-2008, 11:43 AM
In honor of my graduation-year post:

http://goduke.statsgeek.com/basketball-m/images/team/team-1996-97.jpg

billybreen
05-01-2008, 12:27 PM
In honor of my graduation-year post

You're almost there, DA!

Lavabe
05-01-2008, 01:05 PM
You're almost there, DA!

In advance of your crossing the mark DA, CONGRATULATIONS!!:D

I'll cross either late today or tomorrow... assuming Ymo is up for some serious drafting.
Cheers,
Lavabe

devildeac
05-01-2008, 01:39 PM
In honor of my graduation-year post:

http://goduke.statsgeek.com/basketball-m/images/team/team-1996-97.jpg

The proximity of 2000, YMo and Lavabe have certainly spurred DA last night and/or today. Hearty congrats in advance of two grand!!!!!

devildeac
05-01-2008, 09:28 PM
And with my congratulations thread, I have joined DA, Lavabe, Ymo and Indoor 66 as the 5th member of the 3rd team All ACC team. I also realize it will be MIGHTY lonely REAL soon on the team as DA, Lavabe and Ymo are soon to fly by the 2000 mark and join the 2nd team All ACC:( :o :D . Kinda emotional here now. Sniff, sniff.

WOO-HOO!!!

YmoBeThere
05-01-2008, 09:51 PM
And with my congratulations thread, I have joined DA, Lavabe, Ymo and Indoor 66 as the 5th member of the 3rd team All ACC team. I also realize it will be MIGHTY lonely REAL soon on the team as DA, Lavabe and Ymo are soon to fly by the 2000 mark and join the 2nd team All ACC:( :o :D . Kinda emotional here now. Sniff, sniff.

WOO-HOO!!!
Some are getting there much quicker than others...I can only put in a few minutes of PW time for the next couple of days.

devildeac
05-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Some are getting there much quicker than others...I can only put in a few minutes of PW time for the next couple of days.

That still should be good for 20-30 posts/day if you can post at a BB or Lavabe type rate of a post every 30 seconds or so(board limits);) .

Lavabe
05-01-2008, 10:02 PM

WOO-HOO!!!

Congrats on joining the 3rd team. Certainly an eventful few days in the WHATEVER thread. Hopefully the Paradigm of Optimism will join the 3rd team soon; he deserves extra kudos for finding a 4 in Plumlee (as per the DBR headline). I know the Paradigm was looking for a 5, but we'll take a 4!

Cheers,
Lavabe

devildeac
05-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Congrats on joining the 3rd team. Certainly an eventful few days in the WHATEVER thread. Hopefully the Paradigm of Optimism will join the 3rd team soon; he deserves extra kudos for finding a 4 in Plumlee (as per the DBR headline). I know the Paradigm was looking for a 5, but we'll take a 4!

Cheers,
Lavabe

Whaddaya bet he sees most of his minutes at the 5? I think KS will see most of his minutes at the 4 next year with the 5 being staffed by MilesCzyzZouMas;) . Does that now move this to the On Topic board:o ?

devildeac
05-01-2008, 10:09 PM
BTW, BOOOOOZER is 1506.

devildeac
05-01-2008, 10:18 PM

Cheers,
Lavabe

The Paradigm of Optimism has more important matters on his table now(good ones) that I am sure he will discuss next week...

ugadevil
05-01-2008, 10:47 PM
The Paradigm of Optimism has more important matters on his table now(good ones) that I am sure he will discuss next week...

Doesn't he have a wedding coming up soon? That reminds me, I need to get to work on mine!

devildeac
05-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Doesn't he have a wedding coming up soon? That reminds me, I need to get to work on mine!

You are correct on BOTH counts:D .

devildeac
05-01-2008, 11:34 PM
DA looking MIGHTY suspicious stalled on 1998 for hours now. Wonder what she is plotting? There are a lot of ACC Champs awaiting in her neighborhood now...

DevilAlumna
05-02-2008, 01:27 AM
DA looking MIGHTY suspicious stalled on 1998 for hours now. Wonder what she is plotting? There are a lot of ACC Champs awaiting in her neighborhood now...

Well, work interfered with my day-job of posting. :D There *are* a lot of ACC Champs in this 'hood -- 1998, 2003; I forget just how good our team has been lately. Daayuuummmm!

Ooh, sounds intriguing, can't wait to hear what's up!

devildeac
05-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Well, work interfered with my day-job of posting. :D There *are* a lot of ACC Champs in this 'hood -- 1998, 2003; I forget just how good our team has been lately. Daayuuummmm!

Ooh, sounds intriguing, can't wait to hear what's up!

Congrats to DA, newest member of the All ACC 2nd team AND current ACC Champion!

YmoBeThere
05-02-2008, 07:22 PM
I forget just how good our team has been lately. Daayuuummmm!

Yep, all one needs to do is not use a microscope to see the success we have enjoyed.

devildeac
05-02-2008, 11:57 PM
allenmurray sitting f-o-r-e-v-e-r on 999. wonder what he has planned for the millenium post? allen-are you there?

Lavabe
05-03-2008, 06:15 AM
allenmurray sitting f-o-r-e-v-e-r on 999. wonder what he has planned for the millenium post? allen-are you there?

In honor of one of allenmurray's best pre-1,000 threads, I'll shift the thread to one of his favorite topics:

http://entenmanns.gwbakeries.com/images/products/e_coconut_custard.gif

Ymm...coconut custard pie! :D This one was found at the Entenmann's web site. For commercial pie, how do you rank Entenmann's?

Congratulations allenmurray! Welcome to 1,000!! :)
Cheers,
Lavabe

Lavabe
05-03-2008, 07:23 AM
New avatar!

This is an adult female crowned lemur.

I had problems on the zoom lens on this shot; she was too close to the camera!:D

Cheers,
Lavabe

YmoBeThere
05-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Congrats on 2000! You and DA have really been PW'ing it up in the last few days. I may need to channel BB if I am to get back in the draft...

devildeac
05-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Congrats on 2000! You and DA have really been PW'ing it up in the last few days. I may need to channel BB if I am to get back in the draft...

Lavabe and DA? PW'ing? You gotta be kidding me? OOOPPPSS...:o Pot, meet kettle...(said as he slinks off the board...briefly...)

YmoBeThere
05-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I should hardly point out anyone else's behavior. Trajan come in at 1974. I tried to get a thread going on the main board about Trajan in an SI article. I don't think there was a response. I'm not much of a conversation starter...

DevilAlumna
05-03-2008, 01:20 PM
New avatar!

This is an adult female crowned lemur.

I had problems on the zoom lens on this shot; she was too close to the camera!:D

She's a cutie! Congrats, and now welcome to the post-2000 slow-down!

I dunno about you, but my posting velocity increased to reach the mark, and now I feel less inclined. I may even go into "lurk" mode for the month -- lots goin' on. (No Baja diving, but some at Puerto Vallarta, and later in May, at the north end of Vancouver Island.)

devildeac
05-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I should hardly point out anyone else's behavior. Trajan come in at 1974. I tried to get a thread going on the main board about Trajan in an SI article. I don't think there was a response. I'm not much of a conversation starter...

I have been known as a "thread buster" also:o .

devildeac
05-03-2008, 03:32 PM
allenmurray now batting 1,000. congrats.

YmoBeThere
05-03-2008, 03:33 PM
BillyBreen is a mere 40 posts away from 3500...wonder if he will move up the All-American ladder.

Lavabe
05-03-2008, 05:06 PM
BillyBreen is a mere 40 posts away from 3500...wonder if he will move up the All-American ladder.

Ymo: Well it looks like you're picking up the pace today ... and the Derby & Richmond races haven't started yet. I suspect that you'll be drafting past 2000 shortly. Enjoy the years that lead up to 2000; they really are great memories.

DA: The crowned lemur female is named Vandra, given a nice Slavic/Russian sort of name like all of the crowned individuals I studied. Eventually, I'll put up Ivan the Beautiful, Yevgeny (Yevtushenko), and Eugene Onegin.

Cheers,
Lavabe

YmoBeThere
05-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Lingering at certain years will definitely slow me down. I've already spent some time being both Art and Shane...being 3 people at one time can be overwhelming!

dukemomLA
05-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Helping you meet your goal. Go, baby!

devildeac
05-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Sheesh, here I sit at 15xx posts and I have not crossed any milestones for a while. Surely there is some unc national championship banner/designation/Helms award during this time period. Oh, wait a minute, this is a DUKE board and we only designate REAL NCAA championships:o :D .

Lavabe
05-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Sheesh, here I sit at 15xx posts and I have not crossed any milestones for a while.

That's why drafting with someone makes so much more sense. Can't you draft with Wilson?

Ymo is correct: that 1961-2008 series REALLY makes you pause. WOW.

The moderators have constructed this section wisely. It's worth going through that series of years again. Thanks -jk!:)

Cheers,
Lavabe

devildeac
05-04-2008, 08:54 PM
That's why drafting with someone makes so much more sense. Can't you draft with Wilson?

Ymo is correct: that 1961-2008 series REALLY makes you pause. WOW.

The moderators have constructed this section wisely. It's worth going through that series of years again. Thanks -jk!:)

Cheers,
Lavabe

1. Nah, Wilson's too far behind and Indoor 66 is too far ahead:o .
2. How are you going to go through that series of years again? Have you secretly arranged with JE to moderate some of your posts off the chart;) ?

YmoBeThere
05-05-2008, 07:44 PM
I've been lingering a little too long on 2001...savoring the title. I should have lingered longer on '91 and '92, the titles we won during my time at Duke.

Not like I had anything to do with them!

pfrduke
05-06-2008, 11:06 AM
600. And with far less shameless PWing than many on this thread :)

billybreen
05-06-2008, 12:18 PM
So, I'm at 3500, but my status didn't change. Looks like they adjusted the leveling to be by 1000s for All American.

ugadevil
05-06-2008, 02:28 PM
800!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh Boooooooyyyyyyy!!!!!

devildeac
05-06-2008, 03:15 PM
So, I'm at 3500, but my status didn't change. Looks like they adjusted the leveling to be by 1000s for All American.

that shouldn't take long...:o

devildeac
05-06-2008, 03:21 PM
David Henderson at 1570. I had forgotten how good a career he had.

devildeac
05-06-2008, 03:31 PM
it has sure become very, very lonely on the 3rd team as Lavabe, DA and Ymo have rocketed to 2nd team status. C'mon captmojo and OZZIE and join us;) .

Lavabe
05-06-2008, 04:02 PM
it has sure become very, very lonely on the 3rd team as Lavabe, DA and Ymo have rocketed to 2nd team status. C'mon captmojo and OZZIE and join us;) .

DD: You forgot the return of the ever-powerful WILSON!:D Draft with him!

Update on an interesting fact originally devised by BillyBreen: devildeac + Lavabe >> BillyBreen.
(It's now TWO greater than signs).

Judging from the GTAIV* thread, I believe BillyBreen's PW ability has been affected by his purchase of Grand Theft Auto IV. I miss BB's glory days of PW ing.:) Are we going to have to wait for the next great Apple product before BB starts PWing again?

Cheers,
Lavabe

* I felt like Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer when I read that thread. I don't get it. Your ways confuse me. I'm just a cave man.;)

billybreen
05-06-2008, 04:12 PM

Update on an interesting fact originally devised by BillyBreen: devildeac + Lavabe >> BillyBreen.

Judging from the GTAIV* thread, I believe BillyBreen's PW ability has been affected by his purchase of Grand Theft Auto IV. I miss BB's glory days of PW ing.:) Are we going to have to wait for the next great Apple product before BB starts PWing again?

Cheers,
Lavabe

* I felt like Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer when I read that thread. I don't get it. Your ways confuse me. I'm just a cave man.;)

Given that there are two important primaries today, I'll probably be doing some damage on the PPB tonight. But it's really hard to keep up with the volume of PWing DD does in this thread.

devildeac
05-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Given that there are two important primaries today, I'll probably be doing some damage on the PPB tonight. But it's really hard to keep up with the volume of PWing DD does in this thread.

what thread is this anyway:o ?

devildeac
05-06-2008, 11:39 PM

Cheers,
Lavabe

How can I draft with Wilson when he's kinda far behind me:o ?(note to Wilson-let's pick up the pace here...)

pfrduke
05-06-2008, 11:59 PM
How can I draft with Wilson when he's kinda far behind me:o ?(note to Wilson-let's pick up the pace here...)

You may never catch billybreen in post count, but you almost certainly lead the DBR in the emoticon per post category...:D

Lavabe
05-07-2008, 06:55 AM
You may never catch billybreen in post count, but you almost certainly lead the DBR in the emoticon per post category...:D

Umm... not quite. Devildeac leads in emoticon per word. I may hold the dubious honor of emoticons per post.:o

Having said that, it's an unfair statistic, as you are limited to a maximum of four emoticons per post. And why is it a BIG GRIN when posted in the text of the message, but it is called TALKING when posted at the top of the message? :D

Devildeac: Wilson is done with the semester. Watch out. In the back of my mind, I see him passing EarlJam by September.:eek: Remember... lots of Braves games.

Cheers,
Lavabe

devildeac
05-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Umm... not quite. Devildeac leads in emoticon per word. I may hold the dubious honor of emoticons per post.:o

Having said that, it's an unfair statistic, as you are limited to a maximum of four emoticons per post. And why is it a BIG GRIN when posted in the text of the message, but it is called TALKING when posted at the top of the message? :D

Devildeac: Wilson is done with the semester. Watch out. In the back of my mind, I see him passing EarlJam by September.:eek: Remember... lots of Braves games.

Cheers,
Lavabe

I use the giant smilie as a big grin, just as it is named as I scroll over it.

I follow the Braves also but only get a box score basically up here in NC so I don't get exposed to all the Atlanta journalism/fan discussions.

devildeac
05-07-2008, 10:59 AM

I may overuse the emoticons but there are many times I post something and am not quite sure how it will "sound" on the board. Therefore, I add some stupid smilie to try to convey a good-natured jab/comment or humor and not a mean or highly critical post. I have had a few posts rejected during preview for the "too many emoticons" violation. FortuNATEly (in honor of our new coach:D ), there are no infraction points on the preview feature:o . See, I am improving, I only used two on this post;) . Well, maybe three...

Lavabe
05-07-2008, 01:48 PM
I miss BB's glory days of PW ing.:) Are we going to have to wait for the next great Apple product before BB starts PWing again?

Well shoot, Shammrog opens up a thread about iTunes, and what do you expect BB to do? Thank you Shamm for bringing back BB. All is right with the world.

Back to my iPod cult meeting.:D

Cheers,
Lavabe

Shammrog
05-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Well shoot, Shammrog opens up a thread about iTunes, and what do you expect BB to do? Thank you Shamm for bringing back BB. All is right with the world.

Back to my iPod cult meeting.:D

Cheers,
Lavabe

Back "on-topic" here... What (if anything) do I get to be when I hit 1,000 posts? I am *trying* best I can...

TillyGalore
05-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Back "on-topic" here... What (if anything) do I get to be when I hit 1,000 posts? I am *trying* best I can...

I think it's All-ACC Honorable Mention.

Shammrog
05-07-2008, 02:05 PM

Oh, that is cool!

Lavabe
05-07-2008, 02:07 PM

What will you be? How about:
1) Scorned by some.
2) Given beer by others.
3) Given a hearty "Welcome!" from the DBR ATL Mafia.

Otherwise, it's mostly what you DO when you hit 1,000 that has become the mystery question. Devildeac gave us his 1,000 beer list, Ozzie gave us 1,000 9F's. What will Shammrog do?

Will it be an ode to Sharon Resultan? Perhaps homage to your favorite Bond girl? A Hillary Clinton/Swank montage?:D

Cheers,
Lavabe

Shammrog
05-07-2008, 02:16 PM
What will you be? How about:
1) Scorned by some.
2) Given beer by others.
3) Given a hearty "Welcome!" from the DBR ATL Mafia.

Otherwise, it's mostly what you DO when you hit 1,000 that has become the mystery question. Devildeac gave us his 1,000 beer list, Ozzie gave us 1,000 9F's. What will Shammrog do?

Will it be an ode to Sharon Resultan? Perhaps homage to your favorite Bond girl? A Hillary Clinton/Swank montage?:D

Cheers,
Lavabe

I will have to think about that one...

Shammrog
05-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Also - I know what 9F is; why/how did it come to be called 9F?

(Been wondering for a long time.)

Lavabe
05-07-2008, 02:39 PM

Look for 9F in Throaty's DBR Handy Pocket Reference Guide. I believe it's still a sticky on the EK Board.
Cheers,
Lavabe

Shammrog
05-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Look for 9F in Throaty's DBR Handy Pocket Reference Guide. I believe it's still a sticky on the EK Board.
Cheers,
Lavabe

The key to my 1000th post will be to make it creative and engaging, yet not inappropriate (e.g., Top 1000 Adult Film Stars would be out.)

billybreen
05-07-2008, 04:02 PM
The key to my 1000th post will be to make it creative and engaging, yet not inappropriate (e.g., Top 1000 Adult Film Stars would be out.)

If you can name 1000 Adult Film Stars, we need to start planning an intervention.

Shammrog
05-07-2008, 04:05 PM
If you can name 1000 Adult Film Stars, we need to start planning an intervention.

Too late!

YmoBeThere
05-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Interesting...should we name real and screen name? Haha, I keed.

Lavabe has darted past DA...

DevilAlumna
05-07-2008, 10:26 PM

Really?!? That b@st... really nice guy...

I'm sure Ymo'll get past me too, with 8 days of no DA on the boards...

Lavabe
05-07-2008, 10:38 PM

But we're all on the same team.

I believe this is the first time ANYONE has used the term "darted" to refer to anything I've ever done.

It seems quiet here without devildeac. Wait until he sees how much ground Wilson is making up on him.

Cheers,
Lavabe

hamster
05-07-2008, 10:49 PM
How about using collegiate levels?

Freshman < 50 posts
Sophomore < 100 posts
Junior < 300 posts
Senior < 500 posts

but then you would have to take into account the effects of senioritis/level of jadedness on posting levels:

freshman < 50 posts
sophomore < 200 posts
junior < 500 posts
senior < 5,000 posts (because all i do in class on my laptop is surf the internets and post on dbr.)

devildeac
05-07-2008, 11:37 PM

and multiple congrats from a growing contingent on the boards;)

devildeac
05-07-2008, 11:39 PM

9F=GTHCGTH repeated ad infinitum

just the random designation under the #9 on the HPR

YmoBeThere
05-08-2008, 05:49 AM
I'm sure Ymo'll get past me too, with 8 days of no DA on the boards...

I've been pacing myself these last few days.

Lavabe
05-08-2008, 06:21 AM
senior < 5,000 posts (because all i do in class on my laptop is surf the internets and post on dbr.)

IIRC, the subject of surfing during lecture appeared in the Chronicle of Higher Education during the last year.

It's pretty easy to tell when a student is surfing on a laptop (or PDA, iTouch/iPhone, etc...) during lecture.;)

Cheers,
Lavabe

YmoBeThere
05-08-2008, 06:39 PM
How was the reaction to you being Jimy Spanarkel? I just passed through him a minute ago.

hamster
05-08-2008, 07:49 PM
IIRC, the subject of surfing during lecture appeared in the Chronicle of Higher Education during the last year.

It's pretty easy to tell when a student is surfing on a laptop (or PDA, iTouch/iPhone, etc...) during lecture.;)

Cheers,
Lavabe

Definitely true. :) (The initial comment was a little bit tongue in cheek.)

Here's an interesting quirk - the professors I respect the most are the ones that will call me on my surfing.
They go right in with the ones who know that I am hung over and call me on that... (No more 7:50 am's for me.)

There's an interesting balance here - I've taught a few classes myself, and you kind of recognize that a few people are going to be disrespectful and tune you out. (and yes, I recognize that it is disrespectful). At the same time, if most of the class is tuning out, perhaps there should be some self-examination on the professor's part as to their teaching style. (maybe there is some level of disrespecting the students going on.)

there was a huge controversy at U Chicago Law earlier this year (I guess it was last quarter for them?) when the school decided to turn off internet access to the classrooms.
It's an interesting debate...

Lavabe
05-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Definitely true. :) (The initial comment was a little bit tongue in cheek.)

Here's an interesting quirk - the professors I respect the most are the ones that will call me on my surfing.
They go right in with the ones who know that I am hung over and call me on that... (No more 7:50 am's for me.)

There's an interesting balance here - I've taught a few classes myself, and you kind of recognize that a few people are going to be disrespectful and tune you out. (and yes, I recognize that it is disrespectful). At the same time, if most of the class is tuning out, perhaps there should be some self-examination on the professor's part as to their teaching style. (maybe there is some level of disrespecting the students going on.)...

Calling out a student can also backfire. It's a risky proposition in certain cases. When it works, it's great. When it doesn't, the class is lost.

Ymo: My wife was a little annoyed that I didn't wait the requisite 12 hours before she could see Spanarkel. I waited only 6-8 hours.

Did Jimmy do anything else in the 2,000's?
Cheers,
Lavabe

YmoBeThere
05-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Ymo: My wife was a little annoyed that I didn't wait the requisite 12 hours before she could see Spanarkel. I waited only 6-8 hours.

Cheers,
Lavabe

Unfortunately, this may hang over your head for a while as the Jimmy Spanarkel moments are gone.

I need to get a new keyboard, my M key is sticking.

devildeac
05-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Cheers,
Lavabe

Announce for CBS Sports?:o

devildeac
05-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Just a reminder that T. Hill is 1594.

devildeac
05-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Jeff Capel at 1601. Another great cheer by the Crazies when the evil jason (capel, not you Evans:D ), came to CIS: "Jeff was better, clap/clap/clap,clap,clap.

YmoBeThere
05-10-2008, 07:14 PM
And quietly, early on a Saturday evening, YmoBeThere moves up a notch in the rankings.

devildeac
05-10-2008, 07:17 PM
And quietly, early on a Saturday evening, YmoBeThere moves up a notch in the rankings.

Shameless, simply shameless. Taking advantage of a poor, computerless vacationing poster:o (congrats, BTW:D ).

YmoBeThere
05-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Shameless, simply shameless. Taking advantage of a poor, computerless vacationing poster:o (congrats, BTW:D ).

:D Thanks, she took her laptop with her but was uncertain about access. Makes me feel a tiny bit less guilty about it...

devildeac
05-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Cherokee Parks at 1643. That's a nice career total.

YmoBeThere
05-12-2008, 07:34 PM
2069, there was a cheesy movie with that title that I used to look at in the local Blockbuster in the days before I could drive.

Lavabe
05-12-2008, 09:36 PM
:D Thanks, she took her laptop with her but was uncertain about access. Makes me feel a tiny bit less guilty about it...

Of course this means that if and when you go on vacation this summer, DA will want to catch up to you, and you'll be forced to take your laptop.

I am slowing down just a little so that when DA gets back, we'll have a three car (err, poster) draft.:) It'll still seem like a big lead, but I sense that the upcoming political season will get her caught up in NO time at all.
Cheers,
Lavabe

P.S. OOOOOH, at 2079, I am Gene Banks and Jason Williams!

YmoBeThere
05-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Of course this means that if and when you go on vacation this summer, DA will want to catch up to you, and you'll be forced to take your laptop.

I am slowing down just a little so that when DA gets back, we'll have a three car (err, poster) draft.:) It'll still seem like a big lead, but I sense that the upcoming political season will get her caught up in NO time at all.
Cheers,
Lavabe

Easy answer, no vacations!

devildeac
05-12-2008, 10:53 PM
P.S. OOOOOH, at 2079, I am Gene Banks and Jason Williams![/QUOTE]

That sure did not last long. Seconds?;)

devildeac
05-12-2008, 10:55 PM
1647 is Ronnie Mayer, but that was several hours ago:o :D .

Lavabe
05-12-2008, 11:43 PM

That sure did not last long. Seconds?;)

Yes, but since it was Jason Williams, I decided to score a few posts in just a few seconds.:D

Ahhh... such fond memories!

SWEAT, Gary, SWEAT!

Cheers,
Lavabe

YmoBeThere
05-14-2008, 08:03 AM
What got you going Lavabe? You were only a dozen or so ahead of me...

Lavabe
05-14-2008, 10:32 AM
What got you going Lavabe? You were only a dozen or so ahead of me...

EJam's Atlanta plans, wisteria's posts from China, pie choices, and the ever-present Shammrog slamming Atlanta public transportation.;)

Imagine if there was a NASCAR race this weekend!:eek:

Sorry, Ymo & DA. I hadn't planned on posting much.

Will try to get Ymo back in the draft.
Cheers,
Lavabe

YmoBeThere
05-14-2008, 07:43 PM
EJam's Atlanta plans, wisteria's posts from China, pie choices, and the ever-present Shammrog slamming Atlanta public transportation.;)

Imagine if there was a NASCAR race this weekend!:eek:

Sorry, Ymo & DA. I hadn't planned on posting much.

Will try to get Ymo back in the draft.
Cheers,
Lavabe

Well, there is the All-Star race on Saturday night. I have been distracted by PM replies to a couple posts in the PPB.

ugadevil
05-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Now over 900! Almost to 1,000!!!!!!!!!!!

Lavabe
05-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Well, there is the All-Star race on Saturday night. I have been distracted by PM replies to a couple posts in the PPB.

Reminder Ymo, Tilly, Steven: Fantasy entries must be made by Thursday AM for this Saturday's race.

Given his last run or two in Charlotte, my C list no longer has AJ.

Looks like the drafting will tighten up a little given Ymo's performance this morning. What were you doing, Ymo? Trying to reach Danny Ferry Level?

Cheers,
Lavabe

DevilAlumna
05-21-2008, 04:11 PM

Actually, I ended up deciding to untether for the week. Very freeing. (Well, and I snuck some quick hotmail access in on my hubby's laptop.)

But, that's okay -- you and Lavabe have been on a roll so far this year -- the passing was inevitable. Now I'm just worried DD is gonna go on a massive streak! :D

Lavabe
05-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Actually, I ended up deciding to untether for the week. Very freeing. (Well, and I snuck some quick hotmail access in on my hubby's laptop.)

But, that's okay -- you and Lavabe have been on a roll so far this year -- the passing was inevitable. Now I'm just worried DD is gonna go on a massive streak! :D

I figure the PPB anti-Hillary faction will get you caught up in no time at all.

As for DD, the big fear is when DD decides to team up with Wilson.

Cheers,
Lavabe

YmoBeThere
05-21-2008, 07:25 PM
I post occasionally on the PPB, but I find it takes up too much time for a single post. Now, about that whole words per post thing...

DevilAlumna
05-21-2008, 09:33 PM

Heck no! I know better than to wade into a one-sided fight. :cool:

devildeac
05-21-2008, 11:06 PM

Hey, you talkin' to me:o:D?

devildeac
05-21-2008, 11:12 PM
DA is Gene Banks AND Jason Williams. Wonder how long she will linger there;)?

devildeac
05-21-2008, 11:15 PM

You must have me confused with OZZIE. He is the one more likely to go on a massive STREAK;):D:o(that is about a 34 year old joke that not many folks on this board will remember-ask OZZIE)

devildeac
05-21-2008, 11:17 PM

thanks for the cue, DA. I am much more likely to go on a "patented Duke run" and outscore my nearest poster by about a 10-2 margin in the course of an evening:o:D.

devildeac
05-21-2008, 11:20 PM

As for DD, the big fear is when DD decides to team up with Wilson.

Cheers,
Lavabe

I have tried to stay a comfortable distance ahead of Wilson as I fear what Lavabe mentioned a few weeks ago that he expected Wilson to surpass EJ over the summer. That would be frightening and then I might be caught in the draft and seriously injured:o.

devildeac
05-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Oh, BTW, I forgot-Randy Denton is 1658.

billybreen
05-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Congrats to JasonEvans on being the second to reach the illustrious 3000 plateau.

Now, how long till I hit 4000 . . .

devildeac
05-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Congrats to JasonEvans on being the second to reach the illustrious 3000 plateau.

several hours:D?

devildeac
05-27-2008, 02:22 PM
I forgot to mention Hurley at 1731 as I lost track of/kinda forgot about this thread.

devildeac
05-28-2008, 10:56 PM
TWO posts on the PPB for me tonite. Now that is being a REAL PW:o.

ArkieDukie
05-28-2008, 11:35 PM
So, devildeac, what's the current emoticon/post count? :D

Edit: This post makes 500 even for me!

Lavabe
05-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Now THAT was odd to see. I don't recall hurleyfor3 being a moderator, and I don't recall hitting that level in the 900's. Is there some feature that allows us to change/turn on/off the team status descriptor?

Thanks,
Lavabe

devildeac
05-29-2008, 02:26 PM
So, devildeac, what's the current emoticon/post count? :D

Edit: This post makes 500 even for me!

1. I think my average is about 1.9:o.
2. Congrats to our newest starter:D.

devildeac
05-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Now THAT was odd to see. I don't recall hurleyfor3 being a moderator, and I don't recall hitting that level in the 900's. Is there some feature that allows us to change/turn on/off the team status descriptor?

Thanks,
Lavabe

I believe he is one of the newer mods and they may designate their staus however they please. I would bet there is no "official" DBR Cougar bait status and that Hurleyfor3 is simply hoping for a call from Madonna or Demi or his favorite cat on the prowl who just happens to be reading the DBR;):D. Any other thoughts or official explanations?

Lavabe
05-29-2008, 04:52 PM
I believe he is one of the newer mods and they may designate their staus however they please. I would bet there is no "official" DBR Cougar bait status and that Hurleyfor3 is simply hoping for a call from Madonna or Demi or his favorite cat on the prowl who just happens to be reading the DBR;):D. Any other thoughts or official explanations?

If he's a newer mod, his name is yet to be listed as such.

I guess he could be an undercover mod.;)

I was just hoping he had found a way to adjust the posting level. This would be great, as I could become Jim Spanarkel all over again!:D

Cheers,
Lavabe

hurleyfor3
05-29-2008, 04:57 PM
I changed it to something else.

Moderators can choose their own handles, as it turns out. I hadn't come up with anything sophomoric enough until now.

The word "Moderator", however, gets censored, so one has to put "Mod" instead.

DevilAlumna
05-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Nice new sig, HF3 -- what's on your hiking calendar for the summer? Headed back out to the PNW at all?

YmoBeThere
05-29-2008, 06:41 PM
I passed Mark Alarie not too long ago...

hurleyfor3
05-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Nice new sig, HF3 -- what's on your hiking calendar for the summer? Headed back out to the PNW at all?

Yes, late July for sure and maybe again in September.

ArkieDukie
05-29-2008, 10:22 PM
1. I think my average is about 1.9.
2. Congrats to our newest starter.

Thanks. I'm not worthy! :D :o :D

Ironically, I didn't notice the change in status when I reached 500 posts.

Lavabe
05-29-2008, 11:06 PM
I changed it to something else.

Moderators can choose their own handles, as it turns out. I hadn't come up with anything sophomoric enough until now.

The word "Moderator", however, gets censored, so one has to put "Mod" instead.

So I guess there's no hope for me of achieving Jimmy Spanarkel status ever again ... unless I became a moderator?:eek::eek::eek:

I prefer mod over moderator. Brings me back to early days of watching Linc, Pete, and Julie in the Mod Squad.

Cheers,
Lavabe

devildeac
05-29-2008, 11:09 PM
If he's a newer mod, his name is yet to be listed as such.

I guess he could be an undercover mod.;)

I was just hoping he had found a way to adjust the posting level. This would be great, as I could become Jim Spanarkel all over again!:D

Cheers,
Lavabe

I coulda sworn I saw his name recently listed on a post with a mod attached.

Undercover mods only exist to monitor EJ's bizarre postings:o

You could always petition the mods/administrators to have several hundred posts deleted and return to pre-championship/pre-Spanarkel levels (yea, right).

devildeac
05-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Barring a disaster, or a serious case of carpal tunnel, it looks like OZZIE will be the next member of the All-ACC 3rd team:D;)

devildeac
05-30-2008, 12:02 AM
just trying to stay outside of striking distance of colchar:o;)

YmoBeThere
05-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Danny Ferry makes his third and likely final appearance in your post counts at 2155...

Lavabe
05-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Danny Ferry makes his third and likely final appearance in your post counts at 2155...

Ah, but if MINUTES PLAYED became an accepted stat, not only would Danny Ferry reappear, but so would Jimmy Spanarkel.:D

Lavabe
05-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Don't look now, but Bluedawg is rapidly approaching ...

JUMBO!:eek::eek:

And only a short distance above Jumbo is ...

THROATY!

Given the political time of year, I expect Bluedawg to overtake Jumbo within 36 hours (quicker than that if PPB folks keep posting about gaffes).

Cheers,
Lavabe

YmoBeThere
05-31-2008, 10:24 AM
Ah, but if MINUTES PLAYED became an accepted stat, not only would Danny Ferry reappear, but so would Jimmy Spanarkel.:D

Still needing to atone for prior sins?

Lavabe
05-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Still needing to atone for prior sins?

Yes.;)

YmoBeThere
05-31-2008, 11:56 AM
Anyone else notice that this is the second longest thread currently running?

billybreen
05-31-2008, 11:58 AM

Yes, it's BillyBreen's gift to the world.

This thread may be in trouble when all the PWing posters exceed Redick status. The milestones are far between there, but I still expect everyone to drop a post when they hit 3000, 4000, etc.

Speaking of which, where the heck is 4000? I thought I'd be there by now.

Lavabe
05-31-2008, 12:02 PM

And it must have the fewest words per post record all sewn up!:cool:
:D

YmoBeThere
05-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Yes, it's BillyBreen's gift to the world.

This thread may be in trouble when all the PWing posters exceed Redick status. The milestones are far between there, but I still expect everyone to drop a post when they hit 3000, 4000, etc.

Speaking of which, where the heck is 4000? I thought I'd be there by now.

I'm going to claim the Celtics getting to the NBA Finals should there be any drop in posting over the next couple of weeks...

devildeac
06-02-2008, 05:14 PM

you're desperate:o;)-wife still mad you don't have your picture with Jimmy's name on it:p

devildeac
06-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Shout out to OZZIE for joining the 3rd team, All-ACC over the weekend:D.

YmoBeThere
06-02-2008, 07:37 PM
I think I've moved to within one post of Whatever...at least for the time being. Maybe its the late spring almost summer doldrums?

Lavabe
06-02-2008, 07:58 PM
I think I've moved to within one post of Whatever...at least for the time being. Maybe its the late spring almost summer doldrums?

No, Ymo. I'm passed that one post, and I'm still where you were.:confused:

I miss those minutes when I was Jimmy Spanarkel.;)

devildeac
06-03-2008, 10:14 PM

So does your wife;):D

YmoBeThere
06-03-2008, 10:15 PM

That was a good one devildeac!

TillyGalore
06-04-2008, 08:32 AM

Poor Lavabe, he's never going to live this down on or off the boards. :(

Lavabe
06-04-2008, 08:43 AM

Maybe so, but it has increased my post count a bit.:D

TillyGalore
06-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Maybe so, but it has increased my post count a bit.:D

And here I was feeling bad for you. Fished in, fished in. :)

devildeac
06-04-2008, 08:05 PM

Minutes? Seems more like seconds:o;)

devildeac
06-04-2008, 08:10 PM

You are right, he may not, but the beverages he received today will soothe his minor embarrassment:o:D.

YmoBeThere
06-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Hmmm, we are curious about the rest of the story...or will we have to wait for Paul Harvey? Is he still kicking?

YmoBeThere
06-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Devildeac, I think I understand the difficulties of posting hyperlinks now. This is the first time I have tried to do so with the new board software and lets just say it fudged it pretty bad...

devildeac
06-05-2008, 12:00 AM
This is some pretty dignified company here with Jeff Mullins at 1884. What the heck am I doing here:o?

pfrduke
06-05-2008, 11:06 AM

YmoBeThere
06-05-2008, 07:10 PM

That didn't last long pfrduke! :D

pfrduke
06-05-2008, 07:38 PM
That didn't last long pfrduke! :D

I stop in here pretty much only to mark my hundreds. I initially had this vision that my 1000th post could be the 1000th in this thread, but I don't think I'll get there fast enough.

devildeac
06-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Dick Groat at 1886 for those who may have forgotten.

devildeac
06-08-2008, 02:37 PM
hc5duke now a member of the 3rd team, All-ACC.

devildeac
06-09-2008, 11:03 PM
1886 is Dick Groat (a bit late with this one).

devildeac
06-09-2008, 11:36 PM
checking in at 1924 is Grant Hill.

Lavabe
06-10-2008, 05:16 AM
Will BB hit 4,000 before devildeac hits 2,000?

I expect some serious PW-ing in the next day or two. While BB has a couple of threads devoted to himself (the BB/Wiki and iPhone threads), devildeac has some brews (ymmm and ycch) to review.:eek:

Cheers,
Lavabe

P.S. WOOHOO!!! At 2,323, I AM G-Man!!!

YmoBeThere
06-10-2008, 06:19 AM
My money is on BB, but betting on the presumptive favorite didn't work out well at all this weekend. Which is why I am glad I didn't get to bet.

billybreen
06-10-2008, 07:06 PM
My money is on BB

No way. DD had a lead of close to 50 posts this morning. He's only 53 away from 2000. He can get 53 posts in one night, posting in this thread alone.

It would look something like this:

"Hey, I'm at 1948"

"Oh, this is 1949"

"And here's 1999"

"2000!"

YmoBeThere
06-10-2008, 07:11 PM
No way. DD had a lead of close to 50 posts this morning. He's only 53 away from 2000. He can get 53 posts in one night, posting in this thread alone.

"Hey, I'm at 1948"

"Oh, this is 1949"

"And here's 1999"

"2000!"

Possible but not likely...I like how you are trying to get higher odds. Unfortunately, you are the prohibitive favorite. You only have 76 posts to go and your posting rate is much higher than DD.

DevilAlumna
06-10-2008, 10:43 PM

"Hey, I'm at 1948"

"Oh, this is 1949"

"And here's 1999"

"2000!"

But that does describe DD's method of posting (when he's trying to reach a milestone) very well. :D

devildeac
06-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Will BB hit 4,000 before devildeac hits 2,000?

I expect some serious PW-ing in the next day or two. While BB has a couple of threads devoted to himself (the BB/Wiki and iPhone threads), devildeac has some brews (ymmm and ycch) to review.:eek:

Cheers,
Lavabe

P.S. WOOHOO!!! At 2,323, I AM G-Man!!!

I think I have reviewed all those brews before, so despite some serious desire to PW and hit 2000, I try not to duplicate posts. But thanks for the brews again.

devildeac
06-11-2008, 12:06 AM
My money is on BB, but betting on the presumptive favorite didn't work out well at all this weekend. Which is why I am glad I didn't get to bet.

I would bet on BB, too.

devildeac
06-11-2008, 12:08 AM

"Hey, I'm at 1948"

"Oh, this is 1949"

"And here's 1999"

"2000!"

Nah, just try to remind folks of milestones:o

Not a bad idea however;)

devildeac
06-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Possible but not likely...I like how you are trying to get higher odds. Unfortunately, you are the prohibitive favorite. You only have 76 posts to go and your posting rate is much higher than DD.

Finally, some logic:o;)

devildeac
06-11-2008, 12:13 AM
Don't encourage me:o

Shelden is 1928, I think. I wrote it down somewhere but lost it in our Seattle planning trip. I will put up a thread later this week for Seattle vacation suggestions so DA can get back into Lavabe's and Ymo's draft:p.

Lavabe
06-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Four posts to start off the same page of a thread? :eek: That may be a non-EarlJam first in DBR history. That's something that I doubt even billybreen has done.;)

As for drafting, it seems at this rate that devildeac may catch up to DA's draft. Meanwhile, the Bluedawg vs. throaty showdown is on. Bluedawg trails throaty by 10 or so. Given that the Braves lost again last night, I foresee lots of Bluedawg action praising smallball.:eek:

Hey, what's the next milestone, now that I've passed G-Man?

ugadevil
06-11-2008, 09:19 AM
http://www.thesilvercurrencyexchange.com/Currency/1000-dollar-US-bill-front.jpg

devildeac
06-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Four posts to start off the same page of a thread? :eek: That may be a non-EarlJam first in DBR history. That's something that I doubt even billybreen has done.;)

As for drafting, it seems at this rate that devildeac may catch up to DA's draft. Meanwhile, the Bluedawg vs. throaty showdown is on. Bluedawg trails throaty by 10 or so. Given that the Braves lost again last night, I foresee lots of Bluedawg action praising smallball.:eek:

Hey, what's the next milestone, now that I've passed G-Man?

What can I say-I was provoked-my name was discussed in a bet/prediction-I had to semi defend myself-the dog died-:o.

I think DA is too far ahead for me to draft a la Ymo/Lavabe/DA from several weeks ago.

2535Miles
06-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Fantastic!

devildeac
06-11-2008, 05:21 PM
http://www.thesilvercurrencyexchange.com/Currency/1000-dollar-US-bill-front.jpg

Classic. Congrats.

YmoBeThere
06-11-2008, 08:52 PM
I think BB is holding back to let you get to 2000 before he hits 4000. BTW, Spanarkel weighs in at 235 posts Lavabe. So if you started all over, well it wouldn't take you long to get there...

billybreen
06-11-2008, 09:07 PM
I think BB is holding back to let you get to 2000 before he hits 4000. BTW, Spanarkel weighs in at 235 posts Lavabe. So if you started all over, well it wouldn't take you long to get there...

I wish I was that magnanimous. Unfortunately, I was offline yesterday evening due to an unplanned power outage which led to an even more unplanned internet outage.

Oh well, at least it's only a million degrees here.

YmoBeThere
06-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Oh well, at least it's only a million degrees here.

Oh yeah, its been nice!:)

Power was out up my way yesterday afternoon...fortunately my apt. is on the north side of the building so it doesn't get very hot. Otherwise, I might have had two cooked kittens.

billybreen
06-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Oh yeah, its been nice!:)

Power was out up my way yesterday afternoon...fortunately my apt. is on the north side of the building so it doesn't get very hot. Otherwise, I might have had two cooked kittens.

We went out to dinner, and by the time we got back the power had come back on. Fortunately it went out in the evening, when it was down to a chilly 85, so the dog wasn't too miserable.

He has been enjoying sleeping in our room the last few nights. Not many rooms have A/C, and he's not smart enough to find one unless we lock him in with us.

devildeac
06-11-2008, 11:24 PM
ACC Champs: 1960, 1963 and 1964. Start of quite an era. (until we get to the Bucky years:()

Lavabe
06-12-2008, 10:24 AM
ACC Champs: 1960, 1963 and 1964. Start of quite an era. (until we get to the Bucky years:()

Watch out, devildeac. Right after the Bucky years is when people slow down their posting, as they harken back to fun years.

devildeac
06-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Watch out, devildeac. Right after the Bucky years is when people slow down their posting, as they harken back to fun years.

1967-1977 should be pretty dim posting territory in addition to the early 1980's:(. I forget some of the player milestones during that time/posts but I guess I will find out pretty soon:o:D.

devildeac
06-12-2008, 11:07 PM
1966 is ACC Champs-AGAIN!

YmoBeThere
06-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Can anyone see what is on the other side of whatever?

DevilAlumna
06-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Can anyone see what is on the other side of whatever?

I think BB's only a couple posts away. :D

devildeac
06-13-2008, 05:24 PM

As a former tennis star used to scream, "you can't be serious!";):o:D:eek:

Lavabe
06-13-2008, 07:46 PM
As a former tennis star used to scream, "you can't be serious!";):o:D:eek:

Hey, time to smell the roses as you pass through my class of '83 years. Think about the Mike Tissaw, Tom Emma, Dan Meagher, and Chip years.

Exiled_Devil
06-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Tonight, I break 500! Starter, here I come!!!

Exiled_Devil
06-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Tonight, I break 500! Starter, here I come!!!

Boo yeah!! Starter baby!!!!

It took hard work and some totally gratuitous posts, but I made it.

YmoBeThere
06-14-2008, 05:31 AM
Congrats on the milestone ED.

Gratuitous posting, I've never had to do that! :D

devildeac
06-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Congrats on the milestone ED.

Gratuitous posting, I've never had to do that! :D

AH-HA, gotcha!:o:D

devildeac
06-14-2008, 11:37 AM
1978-ACC Champs-Again

devildeac
06-14-2008, 11:38 AM
1980-ACC Champs-Again-we have a lot of those:D

YmoBeThere
06-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Ahh, soon you will hit the peak years(IMHO), let us see if that slows you down any. I think BB has slowed down just so I'll lose my bet...

devildeac
06-14-2008, 01:58 PM
1983-WHAT!!!-no special designation? That was Lavabe's graduation year and no milestone name or "banner." I feel cheated:o:rolleyes::D.

JasonEvans
06-14-2008, 05:43 PM

Just catching up on this thread... but thanks, BB.

On James' old software, I was the runaway leader for the most posts all time. You have supplanted me on this new software and again, it ain't even close. Heck, with my slow rate the past few weeks, I am in serious danger of falling into third or fourth or even worse.

The horrors!

--Jason "sometimes life is more important than DBR-- can you imagine that?!" Evans

devildeac
06-15-2008, 02:10 PM
1984 is Heyman and Battier. That was one to savor overnight. Now, back to shameless PW'ing to 2000:o:D.

devildeac
06-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Did I mention ACC Champs at 1986:D?

DevilAlumna
06-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Did I mention ACC Champs at 1986:D?

Since you're sitting at 1990 while I type this, I'll warn you to make your next two posts worthy! :D

devildeac
06-15-2008, 11:47 PM
Since you're sitting at 1990 while I type this, I'll warn you to make your next two posts worthy! :D

#1991-Seattle vacation thread starter with DA as headliner
#1992-Father's Day report heaping glowing praises on my two daughters and my wife

Hope they are "worthy" posts;).

devildeac
06-15-2008, 11:49 PM
Just a reminder-1988=ACC Champs! (you know, typing that never gets boring:D)

DevilAlumna
06-16-2008, 12:27 AM
#1991-Seattle vacation thread starter with DA as headliner
#1992-Father's Day report heaping glowing praises on my two daughters and my wife

Hope they are "worthy" posts;).

Absotively! Sounds like you have yourself a wonderful family -- you're lucky your daughters are so close. (I would have been thrilled to cook for my dad, but seeing as he's across the country in the "Other Washington," I had to settle for sending him some choice Washington wines.)

But wasn't it fun to see "NCAA Champs!" even just for a little bit? :D

devildeac
06-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Absotively! Sounds like you have yourself a wonderful family -- you're lucky your daughters are so close. (I would have been thrilled to cook for my dad, but seeing as he's across the country in the "Other Washington," I had to settle for sending him some choice Washington wines.)

But wasn't it fun to see "NCAA Champs!" even just for a little bit? :D

Thank you. Our son is in the "other Washington" also and he would probably appreciate some fine Washington state wines (jk).

Yes, it was fun. I would almost like the mods to delete a few posts on occasion so I/we can re-visit those "years;):o."

devildeac
06-18-2008, 12:19 AM
I am computer challenged so my idea of 2 pix of the Sam Adams Millenium Ale to commemorate #2000 is out of the question. Likewise, the Old Dominion Millenium Ale ain't gonna happen either. I will keep it simple (and stupid) here and say:

MM

devildeac
06-18-2008, 12:22 AM
I simply cannot resist making just ONE more post before retiring for the night.

2001-NCAA Champs

D@mn that feels so GOOD!!!!!

Lavabe
06-18-2008, 04:35 AM
I simply cannot resist making just ONE more post before retiring for the night.

2001-NCAA Champs

D@mn that feels so GOOD!!!!!

Congrats on the MM + 1 ... and don't forget to linger a bit when you become Jimmy Spanarkel.:o

YmoBeThere
06-18-2008, 06:21 AM
Well, looks like I lost another bet...congrats devildeac on MM+. Nice way to end it as NCAA Champs.

We're just a few posts away from having a full All-ACC 2nd Team.

devildeac
06-18-2008, 10:44 PM
After a self-imposed 24 hour posting ban (the NCAA Champs was just too hard to relinquish), here are some reminders:

1991-NCAA Champs
1992-NCAA Champs

SWEET!:D

devildeac
06-18-2008, 11:02 PM
going back a few years, err, posts (:o) we have ACC Champs at 1999. This is really a nice journey here:D.

devildeac
06-18-2008, 11:25 PM
2000-ACC Champs-what, again? Too bad we get all the calls;)

YmoBeThere
06-19-2008, 05:27 AM
I'm slowly approaching the G man's career scoring record. The milestones are few and far between at this point. Laettner, Dawkins and JJ after that and then nothing other than post season honor designations after that. :(

Lavabe
06-19-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm slowly approaching the G man's career scoring record. The milestones are few and far between at this point. Laettner, Dawkins and JJ after that and then nothing other than post season honor designations after that. :(

Thanks for the update. I have yet to see Laettner, Dawkins, & JJ.

And of course, I'm on the lookout for any possible weird stat that would put me at Jimmy Spanarkel level again.;)

Shammrog
06-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Well, looks like I lost another bet...congrats devildeac on MM+. Nice way to end it as NCAA Champs.

I have been a bit bored of late, but am working on it! I take it you need 2000 posts?

devildeac
06-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the update. I have yet to see Laettner, Dawkins, & JJ.

And of course, I'm on the lookout for any possible weird stat that would put me at Jimmy Spanarkel level again.;)

I think this is a poster seriously wanting to have large #'s of post deleted so he can regain favor in his wife's eyes:o;):D.

Lavabe
06-19-2008, 07:05 PM
I think this is a poster seriously wanting to have large #'s of post deleted so he can regain favor in his wife's eyes:o;):D.

If posts get deleted, then BB>(devildeac + Lavabe).

No thank you. And no switching the post counts either!

Madame Lavabe is waiting for you to get to Spanarkel level... oh wait, you're there!! Please don't post again tonight. Madame Lavabe is in DC tonight. I'll have to get her to look at your title. I'll PM you when she has seen it.

Cheers,
Lavabe

YmoBeThere
06-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Will you be buying devildeac a beer for his assistance? And if so, which one?

91.92.01DUKE
06-20-2008, 12:33 AM
How does Jason "I'll post the day away" Evans do it. Whatever he averages per day must be ridiculous.

Lavabe
06-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Will you be buying devildeac a beer for his assistance? And if so, which one?

No, I'll just buy him a brew 'cause he's family. And I don't know which brew, at this time.

And devildeac can resume his normal posting, as Madame Lavabe has seen the reference to her favorite Duke basketball player of all time. She may send him a message later today.

I wonder who's next to reach Jimmy Spanarkel level.;)
Cheers,
Lavabe

91.92.01DUKE
06-20-2008, 11:40 AM
What is CIS's capacity. It has to be in the 9,000s correct? Can one become Cameron Indoor Stadium for a while? That would be pretty nice.

devildeac
06-20-2008, 12:44 PM
No, I'll just buy him a brew 'cause he's family. And I don't know which brew, at this time.

And devildeac can resume his normal posting, as Madame Lavabe has seen the reference to her favorite Duke basketball player of all time. She may send him a message later today.

Cheers,
Lavabe

Thank you, oh, thank you, oh great postmaster (nothing to do with the USPS). It is nice to be released from PW land (that's Post Withdrawal land for those of you who can't take a hiatus from the key/board/pad/phone:o;)).
I survived after about 24 hours of PW after National Champs and now, another 24 hours after Jimmy Spanarkel and I feel great. Back to the standard PW'ing now.

devildeac
06-20-2008, 12:45 PM

Cheers,
Lavabe

Looks like Indoor66 will be next if he can ever get beyond the 1980's;):D.

Lavabe
06-20-2008, 12:48 PM
I just re-read my message to devildeac. I meant that Madame would probably send HIM a message. She will NOT be sending a message to her favorite Duke basketball player of all time.

And she definitely appreciates that 2,012 is "Jimmy" and not "Jim.":o

Cheers,
Lavabe

devildeac
06-20-2008, 08:00 PM
What is CIS's capacity. It has to be in the 9,000s correct? Can one become Cameron Indoor Stadium for a while? That would be pretty nice.

Great idea. Wonder if this is already in the plans. Then, at 34,000 (or so), Wallace Wade:o.

Oh, no, now what have we done. If BB ever starts posting again, there will be meltdown on the DBR as he furiously and savagely PW's his way to 9314 (I think that is the correct capacity):D.

devildeac
06-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Did anyone forget what 2001 is/was:o;)?

devildeac
06-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Or 2002:o;)?

ILoveJimmy
06-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Dear DevilDeac,
Thanks for leaving your post count stuck at the Jimmy Spanarkel level until I could see it. I saw it last night from here in DC. Would have like to have seen it for Lavabe too, but no...... he just couldn't wait to write another post on the boards.

This is my first (and maybe only) post on the DBR, but I do come out here to read the articles.

From,
ILoveJimmy

DevilAlumna
06-21-2008, 02:06 AM
Dear DevilDeac,
Thanks for leaving your post count stuck at the Jimmy Spanarkel level until I could see it. I saw it last night from here in DC. Would have like to have seen it for Lavabe too, but no...... he just couldn't wait to write another post on the boards.

This is my first (and maybe only) post on the DBR, but I do come out here to read the articles.

From,
ILoveJimmy

Is this Mrs. Lavabe?? If so, welcome to the boards! And please, feel free to stay and post, the more, the merrier. :D

Lavabe
06-21-2008, 06:36 AM
Is this Mrs. Lavabe?? If so, welcome to the boards! And please, feel free to stay and post, the more, the merrier. :D

Indeed, ILoveJimmy is my wife (devildeac's sister-in-law). She graduated Duke a couple of years before me, and a few years after devildeac.

Is there a postcount earlier than 2,012 in which Spanarkel appears?:o
Cheers,
Lavabe

ArkieDukie
06-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Welcome to ILoveJimmy! Glad you decided to join the fun. Remember, if you post enough, YOU could reach Jim Spanarkel status. Or, maybe Lavabe could post as you in order to pad your post count until you reach the first Spanarkel level. ;) Spanarkel experts, how many posts would that be?

devildeac
06-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Dear DevilDeac,

From,
ILoveJimmy

ROTFLMAO! Welcome to the boards (in a posting sort of way:D), ILJ. We did it! We finally got you to post here. Be careful now, it's an illness and some of us are discussing group therapy (especially if we can get the DBR group discount:o:rolleyes:). Hope to see you here more often, discussing such topics as applesauce, meat loaf (entree or singer;)), music, after midnight activities and whatever other topic arise on the OTB. You could even join in the discussions on the main board and lament about how much better we would be if Jimmy were still playing...

devildeac
06-21-2008, 08:52 AM

Thanks. I just noticed this.

BTW, 2003=ACC Champs!!!!!

devildeac
06-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Career Statistics
Category Total Per Game

Service 114 GP 113 GS
Minutes 3298 28.9
Points 2012 17.6
FG Pct. .527
3FG Pct. .000
FT Pct. .806
Rebounds 454 4.0
Assists 399 3.5
Blocks 0 .0
Steals 253 2.2

34 Jim Spanarkel
6-5 • 205 • F/G
Jersey City, N.J. (Hudson Catholic)
Played: 1976-79
Captain: 1978-79
Lettered: 1976-79
Birthday: June 28
Full Name: James Gerald Spanarkel

Spanarkel's Links:
Career Stats | Conference | Post Season | Game Logs | Career Highs | Season Highs | Splits | Miscellaneous | vs. Opponents

Season and Career Totals
Field Goals 3-Point FGs Free Throws Rebounds
Season GP GS Min FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA OR-DR TR PF-DQ Ast TO Blk Stl Pts
1975-76 23 22 0 120-219 0-0 67-97 0-0 101 74-7 65 0 0 45 307

1976-77 27 27 1019 172-331 0-0 175-209 0-0 147 73-2 96 104 0 69 519

1977-78 34 34 1195 244-460 0-0 220-255 0-0 116 83-3 126 117 0 93 708

1978-79 30 30 1084 188-364 0-0 102-139 0-0 90 75-0 112 88 0 46 478

Totals 114 113 3298 724-1374 0-0 564-700 0-0 454 305-12 399 309 0 253 2012

Season and Career Averages
Field Goal 3-Point FG Free Throw
Season GP GS Min Percentage Percentage Percentage RPG APG BPG SPG PPG
1975-76 23 22 .0 .548 .000 .691 4.4 2.8 .0 2.0 13.3

1976-77 27 27 37.7 .520 .000 .837 5.4 3.6 .0 2.6 19.2

1977-78 34 34 35.1 .530 .000 .863 3.4 3.7 .0 2.7 20.8

1978-79 30 30 36.1 .516 .000 .734 3.0 3.7 .0 1.5 15.9

Totals 114 113 28.9 .527 .000 .806 4.0 3.5 .0 2.2 17.6

devildeac
06-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Welcome to ILoveJimmy! Glad you decided to join the fun. Remember, if you post enough, YOU could reach Jim Spanarkel status. Or, maybe Lavabe could post as you in order to pad your post count until you reach the first Spanarkel level. ;) Spanarkel experts, how many posts would that be?

see #986 (from goduke.statsgeek or something like that:o;))

So, ILJ only has 252 posts to go to reach Spanarkel level #1 (253 steals):D.

devildeac
06-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Oops, I failed to mention @ 2005 is ACC Champs again and again and again...:o:D

Lavabe
06-21-2008, 06:38 PM
A quick google reveals that Jim Spanarkel played for the College of New Jersey.

I feel old.:o

AARP Cheers,
Lavabe

Lavabe
06-21-2008, 06:40 PM
ROTFLMAO! Welcome to the boards (in a posting sort of way:D), ILJ. We did it! We finally got you to post here.

Umm, when will Mrs. Devildeac post here?;)

I wonder how many couples are listed with and post on the DBR?:confused:

Cheers,
Lavabe

devildeac
06-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Umm, when will Mrs. Devildeac post here?;)

Cheers,
Lavabe

1. Probably about the same time she enjoys drinking beer:rolleyes::o.(see beer thread for elaboration)
2. Don't know.

DevilAlumna
06-21-2008, 11:38 PM

IIRC, Hamster and Cavlaw are in some way acquainted off the boards.

Mr. DA stays far far away from here. (Though he occasionally frequents the BMW M5 board.)

YmoBeThere
06-25-2008, 07:36 PM
On the cusp of a momentus post and all I do is spam here...

Lord Ash
06-30-2008, 09:56 PM
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5686/dawkbx2.jpg

billybreen
07-10-2008, 12:02 AM
You can tell devildeac and I have been gone for a while. There's no reason this thread should ever fall back to page 5.

I'm resurrecting in honor of 4000. The only question is whether it happens tonight or tomorrow.

mph
07-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Hooray! I'm finally a starter!:D

Lavabe
07-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Hey ... I'm on the 1st team!! WOO HOO!!:D

I wonder what BillyBreen will turn into when he hits 4000.:eek:

CameronBornAndBred
07-10-2008, 03:26 PM
I got my 6th man promotion yesterday. By the way, the second poster after me gets the 1000th, that's a lot of whatever.

billybreen
07-10-2008, 05:07 PM
MIↃↃ

(As far as I can tell, that's the appropriate alternative syntax for 4,000 that is supported by Unicode.)

devildeac
07-10-2008, 10:04 PM
OK, Alex, I'll take "Whatever" for a thousand, please:D:o;).