PDA

View Full Version : Acc handbook

Surfsideron
10-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Does anyone know if the ACC Handbook is being published any longer? I know it wasn't published last year but I thought I had read that it was coming back this year. Thus far none of the stores in my area (Myrtle Beach) have it on their shelves.

obsesseddukefan
10-08-2010, 12:33 PM
I dont believe there will be a ACC Handbook this year either. I have heard through a very long grapevine that the Mag will no longer be publishing a yearly Handbook anymore. What a shame really, I still have the one from '06 with JJ on the cover ;)
Not that I thought the magazine had the best articles but it was nice to get my ACC fix since I am in Big 10 or 11 or 12 now whatever the hell they decide to do..

jimsumner
10-08-2010, 12:37 PM
I dont believe there will be a ACC Handbook this year either. I have heard through a very long grapevine that the Mag will no longer be publishing a yearly Handbook anymore. What a shame really, I still have the one from '06 with JJ on the cover ;)
Not that I thought the magazine had the best articles but it was nice to get my ACC fix since I am in Big 10 or 11 or 12 now whatever the hell they decide to do..

Unfortunately not. Chrysler was a major advertiser. When they bailed, they couldn't make the numbers work. Not impossible it could come back but given the nature of the magazine business today, it would be a risky proposition.

A pity.

Surfsideron
10-08-2010, 07:28 PM
It tis a pity! I have the handbooks from '78 on. They always hit the stores on October 1st and I'd be there to get my copy.

There is nothing on the market that matches it as far as I'm concerned.

Indoor66
10-08-2010, 07:47 PM
It tis a pity! I have the handbooks from '78 on. They always hit the stores on October 1st and I'd be there to get my copy.

There is nothing on the market that matches it as far as I'm concerned.

I always liked the ACC Handbook. My Maple Street Press Blue Devil edition arrived by mail today. I plan to read it over the weekend. At least a partial fix, but I always enjoyed reading about all the teams. C'est la vie.

-jk
10-08-2010, 09:08 PM
The Blue Ribbon Handbook might meet your needs. It's my favorite.

-jk