PDA

View Full Version : Grant Hill ejected in Preseason game for... you'll see.

DevilHorns
10-07-2010, 09:33 PM
This is too funny. (http://deadspin.com/5658235/when-preseason-games-of-grab+***-go-wrong) Enjoy.

cbnaylor
10-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Um, I don't know what to think of this! LOL

DukieBoy
10-07-2010, 09:54 PM
I know there was a large, large emphasis on not being afraid to give technicals this year, but this seems a bit much. Northing more than (physical) trash talking. Certainly didn't warrant an ejection

Frybay
10-07-2010, 10:10 PM
That's one reasonwhy the NBA sucks!
Ref must be a UNC Chapelhell grad
Lenny would be proud!

DevilHorns
10-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Oh come on. This is hilarious.

It's preseason. It's a 20 point game. Both players walked off the court together, looked like both were smiling.

The ref overreacted, sure.... but it's still incredibly funny.

BD80
10-07-2010, 10:25 PM
So much for turning the other cheek!

quota
10-07-2010, 11:16 PM
No ifs, ands or butts about that call...

Greg_Newton
10-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Oh no, here you all go again with this assinine joke...

theAlaskanBear
10-08-2010, 10:35 PM
This is too funny. (http://deadspin.com/5658235/when-preseason-games-of-grab+***-go-wrong) Enjoy.

This is getting weird. Tonight both Chris Duhon AND Josh McRoberts were issued technical fouls. Refs must really be wound tight with the new technical rules. It's the PREseason!

basket1544
10-09-2010, 12:28 PM
The preseason is when the refs set their tone for the year (or attempt new things). David Stern has said that this year they are going to crack down on whining and complaining to the refs and general conduct on the floor. If I understand correctly, one player got a tech for putting his hands up in the air after a foul call yesterday.
I doubt this continues far into the season since they tried the same thing in 2007 and by mid-season players went back to arguing with the refs. I didn't think about it very much until the Worlds this year. Our guys were complaining (specifically Westbrook) much more than the teams we played.

stillcrazie
10-09-2010, 12:30 PM
The preseason is when the refs set their tone for the year (or attempt new things). David Stern has said that this year they are going to crack down on whining and complaining to the refs and general conduct on the floor. If I understand correctly, one player got a tech for putting his hands up in the air after a foul call yesterday.
I doubt this continues far into the season since they tried the same thing in 2007 and by mid-season players went back to arguing with the refs. I didn't think about it very much until the Worlds this year. Our guys were complaining (specifically Westbrook) much more than the teams we played.

crack down...heh, heh

cameroncrazy3104
10-12-2010, 11:37 PM
This just makes me laugh....I understand the NBA wants to stop complaining but really....

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/10/07/grant-hill-and-reggie-evans-ejected-for-almost-no-reason-video/

elvis14
10-13-2010, 09:18 AM
That's pretty funny. No way those guys should have been T'd and chucked for that. At the same time, Grant shouldn't have slapped his arse the second time. It's a pre-season game so it's no big deal but I'm sure it was frustrating for GH and Evans.

On the more general topic of NBA policy and T's. I would LOVE to see the NBA T more guys up for reacting to calls. It's gotten out of hand and like everything else it'll trickle down to other levels of the sport. I watch about an NBA game a week during the season and the playoffs and these guys are allowed to embarrass the refs. I'll be happy to see it's stop to add some more sportsmanship into the game.