PDA

View Full Version : Duke Tickets Going Up?

cbnaylor
10-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Just purchased some Duke Tickets and wow, it looks like the prices have gone up!

wtm001
10-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Just purchased some Duke Tickets and wow, it looks like the prices have gone up!

I had a window up for the Cal Poly game and closed at like 8:31am by accident and when I tried to reserve them again I was too late =( I got tickets to the other two games though

EDIT - Tickets for those three games are sold out!

Farn
10-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Well that was disappointing. Trying to make my first trip to Cameron from Phoenix and I got shutout.

I guess it'll have to wait another year.

cbnaylor
10-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Well that was disappointing. Trying to make my first trip to Cameron from Phoenix and I got shutout.

I guess it'll have to wait another year.

Just keep on the look out. I'm sure some more tickets will come available later in the season when either the iron duke's or season ticket holders return their unused tickets back to the ticket office.

superdave
10-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Just keep on the look out. I'm sure some more tickets will come available later in the season when either the iron duke's or season ticket holders return their unused tickets back to the ticket office.

There's also a ticket flea market between Cameron and Wade for about an hour before games. Bring cash.

I sat 10 rows behind the Duke bench two years ago for the Maryland game for about $80.

noyac
10-06-2010, 09:20 AM
I was fortunate enough to get tix to the UAB game.

Farn
10-06-2010, 09:28 AM
There's also a ticket flea market between Cameron and Wade for about an hour before games. Bring cash.

Well I'd have no problem with that if I didn't live in Phoenix. Booking a flight without tickets isn't necessarily on my list of things to do in this economy. :)

noyac
10-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Well I'd have no problem with that if I didn't live in Phoenix. Booking a flight without tickets isn't necessarily on my list of things to do in this economy. :)

Check ebay but from my experience the only way to go is with the general/student admission tickets so you can experience what it is like to be a Cameron Crazie.

I still dream of being in the student section for an ACC game at Cameron but I realize that may never happen.

cbnaylor
10-06-2010, 09:46 AM
As much as this might make me seem as an old timer (which I'm not) I really enjoy watching the games in the upper level. Plus, there's a little more room as long as your not in the upper corners of Cameron. :)

wtm001
10-06-2010, 10:20 AM
As much as this might make me seem as an old timer (which I'm not) I really enjoy watching the games in the upper level. Plus, there's a little more room as long as your not in the upper corners of Cameron. :)

I got two tickets to the UAB and Elon game, but I was so mad I didn't get tickets for the Cal Poly game that I looked on a few different ticket sites and found a GA ticket (section 17) for $100 ($135 with fees/shipping). I'm pretty sure that's the student section. Is that possible? The students will be there I would think. Here's the link and there is six tickets left.

http://www.ticketsnow.com/InventoryBrowse/Duke-Blue-Devils-Mens-Basketball-Tickets-at-Cameron-Indoor-Stadium-in-Durham?PID=1017758

cbnaylor
10-06-2010, 10:34 AM
I got two tickets to the UAB and Elon game, but I was so mad I didn't get tickets for the Cal Poly game that I looked on a few different ticket sites and found a GA ticket (section 17) for $100 ($135 with fees/shipping). I'm pretty sure that's the student section. Is that possible? The students will be there I would think. Here's the link and there is six tickets left.

http://www.ticketsnow.com/InventoryBrowse/Duke-Blue-Devils-Mens-Basketball-Tickets-at-Cameron-Indoor-Stadium-in-Durham?PID=1017758

Yes, that's correct. For certain games however, it's sold as general admissions.

noyac
10-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I am pretty sure that is an exhibition game just so you know. I am sure it would be fun still but $100 per ticket for a preseason game is kinda expensive if you ask me.

cbnaylor
10-06-2010, 11:04 AM
I am pretty sure that is an exhibition game just so you know. I am sure it would be fun still but $100 per ticket for a preseason game is kinda expensive if you ask me.

I agree and I would almost be certain that if you wanted to go bad enough, there would be people selling them outside for face value.

wtm001
10-06-2010, 11:06 AM

Yeah it's expensive I know, but it doesn't bother me one bit to spend the extra cash. Yeah it's definitely an exhibition too.

Duvall
10-06-2010, 11:18 AM
I agree and I would almost be certain that if you wanted to go bad enough, there would be people selling them outside for face value.

It's an exhibition game. There's a fair chance someone outside might give you a ticket for free.

cbnaylor
10-06-2010, 11:23 AM
It's an exhibition game. There's a fair chance someone outside might give you a ticket for free.

LOL nice.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Two words: McGrupp method.

sciencegeek
10-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Two words: McGrupp method.

Looks like it is the McGrupp method for me. I logged on at 8:45, and all the games were already sold out! That is pretty impressive. How much were they, $50?

wtm001
10-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Looks like it is the McGrupp method for me. I logged on at 8:45, and all the games were already sold out! That is pretty impressive. How much were they, $50?

$60 for Cal Poly
$65 for Elon and UAB

noyac
10-06-2010, 02:08 PM
$60 for Cal Poly
$65 for Elon and UAB

I paid $60 for UAB plus $2 ticket fee (just checked my invoice).

wtm001
10-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Yeah sorry about that.

$65 for Cal Poly
$60 for Elon and UAB

Battierfan01
10-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah sorry about that.

$65 for Cal Poly
$60 for Elon and UAB

It's hard to believe that the tickets to the exhibition game against Cal Poly were higher then the Elon and UAB games. Anyone know why this is??

noyac
10-06-2010, 05:10 PM
I was just checking ebay and they have quite a few tix for the Elon and UAB games. This kind of ticked me off because it means a decent amount of non-Duke fans were buying tix and people on here got snubbed.

I guess they know it is a tough ticket and they can make some money. Still makes me mad though.

Cameron
10-06-2010, 07:37 PM
The Duke Ticket Office still has tickets available as bundle packages for the entire CBE "Final Four" in Kansas City. I'm definitely heading to Missouri for the event -- I go to at least one or two Duke games a year, and, from my home in Ohio, this is about the closest I'll get -- but I am undecided as to how I should purchase my tickets. I'll be going with a fellow Duke fanatic friend of mine.

The tickets through the Duke TO are obviously much cheaper than tickets via Stub Hub or Ticket Master, for the most part (Duke TO has its bundle package listed at $135), but am I almost certain to get upper levels at the Sprint Center if I go that route? (Considering it's a random draw.) Who else here has bought tickets for the CBE through the Duke TO?

Decisions, decisions.. Either way, it's much worth it.