PDA

View Full Version : Euphoria

DeBlueDevil
10-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Ok so this may be a little stupid but I was looking for something to waste time until the current season begins now that the Austin Rivers recruitment has come to an end and I thought of something thats kind of dumb but could be pretty funny and I wanted all to try and participate.

I wanted to see if everyone could just think of the current state of duke basketball and try to explain in a few words how it makes you feel. Theres not really rules you can talk about anything Duke related and try to describe it in a few words so for ex...

Austin Rivers makes me feel.....giddy

Or Unc struggles make me feel....like a lil kid on christmas

Get it? I know this can go many different ways so try to keep it somewhat appropriate for the integrity of the message board but I wanna see if we can have some fun with this. I'll get things started.

The current state of the Duke basketball program makes me feel.....like I'm the king of the world!!!

jipops
10-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Humble.

Remember, those in pale blue where having a similar feeling of euphoria at almost this time last year coming off a national title and an enormous recruiting coup. Things didn't exactly turn out too well soon afterwards - though they'll be fine this year.

Not wanting to be a debbie downer here but let's be happy with what we have right now yet understand that anything to be achieved here afterwards must be earned. It's obvious that K and the staff understand that. It won't be handed out as the tarheels figured out (or did they?). Things can and do go wrong. While K is a master of preparedness (something that was terribly lacking down the road), there is still a ton of work ahead.

And on another note, can we please ban the term "three-peat"? I've seen that thrown around way too much on other threads, heck once was too many.

bluedevil2012
10-01-2010, 10:53 AM

Or Unc struggles make me feel....like a lil kid on christmas=

I know the feeling. I feel like just dancing:

http://rise.espn.go.com/all-sports/Videos.aspx?id=685d6b3c-014c-4783-9bb9-1228b2eabd3c

:cool:

Reddevil
10-01-2010, 11:34 AM
I feel nostalgic for the present. These are the good ol' days! We need to remember that 10, 15, 20 years from now. It is not often that you realize how special an era you are in is - when you are in it. Thankfully, I think most of us do.:D

DeBlueDevil
10-01-2010, 12:35 PM
thanks for the warning jipop. But the arrogance you are speaking of I do not believe pertains to Duke fans. Actually, I think its what makes us so different then most UNC fans. I believe while everyone is in celebration mode we all indeed keep each other in check to realize just how lucky we are. As a duke fan I believe we all treat each other as family.

As for the comment above. I think thats the best one yet! Nostalgic now thats something I didn't think of. I'm surely going to remember these days years from now!

Keep em' coming!

1991 duke law
10-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Considering how rare it is that the stars align, I suggest that we should all be euphoric and enjoy it while we can. No guarantees of course, but it is nice to feel that the stage is already set for a number of solid seasons. Whether another NC arrives, hard to tell. But we will be competing for them at least.

I can only imagine how our friends down the road would have gloated and rubbed our faces in it in the event that Austin Rivers went light blue. It would have been unbearable. Most on Carolina boards are already discounting AR and wishing him the worst.

MChambers
10-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Humble.

Remember, those in pale blue where having a similar feeling of euphoria at almost this time last year coming off a national title and an enormous recruiting coup. Things didn't exactly turn out too well soon afterwards - though they'll be fine this year.

Not wanting to be a debbie downer here but let's be happy with what we have right now yet understand that anything to be achieved here afterwards must be earned. It's obvious that K and the staff understand that. It won't be handed out as the tarheels figured out (or did they?). Things can and do go wrong. While K is a master of preparedness (something that was terribly lacking down the road), there is still a ton of work ahead.

And on another note, can we please ban the term "three-peat"? I've seen that thrown around way too much on other threads, heck once was too many.

Excellent post.

I remember in 2001, after winning the NCAAs, Charlie Rose pointed to Coach K that he had more championships at that point than Wooden did at the same age, and K just laughed and said something like "don't even go there."

It really seemed that Duke would win it all again in 2002. As we know, it didn't, and the ensuing years were very good, but not great, and perhaps a little down in comparison to Coach K's overall record. (I'm not complaining about those years, mind you.)

Let's take it slow and enjoy the present.

JStuart
10-01-2010, 06:13 PM
I can't help but to comment that yesterday may well have been the best overall day -outside of a championship game day- I've ever had as a Duke fan, even dating back to the fifties when I put my first Duke sweatshirt on as a pre-teen (and took grief from the ever-present UNC fans):
-Austin Rivers commits
-Still basking in the FIBA championship
-Still basking in the 4th NCAA championship
-Hard evidence surfaces that (should) shut up UNC football fans
-NCAA announces they are 'entering' the academic fraud 'prong' investigation/review of UNC's tutoring program

am I missing anything?
What a great day to be a Blue Devil!

Ok so this may be a little stupid but I was looking for something to waste time until the current season begins now that the Austin Rivers recruitment has come to an end and I thought of something thats kind of dumb but could be pretty funny and I wanted all to try and participate.

I wanted to see if everyone could just think of the current state of duke basketball and try to explain in a few words how it makes you feel. Theres not really rules you can talk about anything Duke related and try to describe it in a few words so for ex...

Or Unc struggles make me feel....like a lil kid on christmas

Get it? I know this can go many different ways so try to keep it somewhat appropriate for the integrity of the message board but I wanna see if we can have some fun with this. I'll get things started.

The current state of the Duke basketball program makes me feel.....like I'm the king of the world!!!

Richard Berg
10-02-2010, 12:30 AM
-Austin Rivers commits
-Still basking in the FIBA championship
-Still basking in the 4th NCAA championship
-Hard evidence surfaces that (should) shut up UNC football fans
-NCAA announces they are 'entering' the academic fraud 'prong' investigation/review of UNC's tutoring program

am I missing anything?
- "horizontal academics" goes viral

DeBlueDevil
10-02-2010, 11:44 AM
After a couple of days of letting the Rivers commit sink in I just feel...Truly Awesome!

I agree with many of the posts above....we definitely should be euphoric and celebrate these great times. I too feel like this is the AR commit was the best day since the NC. But I 100% behind the idea of being humble and realizing the great situation we are in as Duke fans right now. Hats off to everyone!

Keep the posts coming!!

dairedevil
10-02-2010, 12:04 PM
While I continue to bask in the glow of the NC, and am really, really happy that the Rivers announcement came sooner, rather than later (and that he essentially said that Duke just felt right, why mess with any other school), I am looking forward to what this team will do this season. It may turn out like we all hope, it might be a little bumpy at times with the freshman pg, but it is always exciting!