PDA

View Full Version : The Duke Argument

JasonEvans
09-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Fmr. DBR tech guru James Armstrong sent this to me. Warning, it contains some salty language but is very funny. My 13-year-old son and I watched it and had tears rolling down our cheeks with laughter. Any of you who have argued with a Duke hater will enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iVKPUNoeI4

--Jason "I don't ordinarily link stuff like this-- but this was too funny" Evans

wtm001
09-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

dukelifer
09-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Fmr. DBR tech guru James Armstrong sent this to me. Warning, it contains some salty language but is very funny. My 13-year-old son and I watched it and had tears rolling down our cheeks with laughter. Any of you who have argued with a Duke hater will enjoy it.

--Jason "I don't ordinarily link stuff like this-- but this was too funny" Evans

I had the same reaction. Tears rolling down the face. We could probably make a video with Jumbo taking on all comers after a Duke loss that would be equally funny.

Lord Ash
09-29-2010, 11:11 PM
"Do you have any objective measures to support your opinion?"

Ahhhh... touche, my friend. Tou... che.

I love being a Duke fan.

:D

roywhite
09-29-2010, 11:11 PM

Hilarious; thanks for posting.

I'm a bit shocked to see that your son is a teen-ager; seems so recently that you recounted your joy when he came into the world. Time flies.

dukeballboy88
09-29-2010, 11:28 PM
great video

Azdukefan
09-30-2010, 12:05 AM
I believe I had that same argument today at work. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life.

ricks68
09-30-2010, 01:57 AM
Thanks to Jason for bringing to our attention, what I believe to be, the first definitive successful defense of our Alma Mater when confronted with the usual Duke-hater.

Now, does anyone know who this "tomstahlca" person is that wrote this piece? I believe that he deserves beaucoup (sp?) accolades from the entire DBR and Duke nation for this.

ricks

JasonEvans
09-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Do you hate them because they win championships?
Do you hate them because they don't cheat?
Do you hate them because the students support the team?
Do you hate them because they have blue uniforms?

I hate them because they suck.

I may watch that video once a day for the next month!!

--Jason "send it to your friends-- the video has 550 or so hits-- we need to make this thing viral!" Evans

Billy Dat
09-30-2010, 03:04 PM
People need to see this...keep bumping it.

JasonEvans
10-01-2010, 09:36 AM
The video now has gotten over 5400 views... not bad Duke fans!

-Jason

stillcrazie
10-01-2010, 09:41 AM
The video now has gotten over 5400 views... not bad Duke fans!

-Jason

About 20 of those are mine!

tomstahlca
10-01-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm "tomstahlca" - Tom Stahl, class of 1985 and the "ca" is because I live in San Francisco. Glad you all enjoyed the video. I created it after watching 'iPhone4 vs HTC Evo" (look for it on youtube, it is hilarious). That video reminded me of every argument I've had about Duke basketball over the last ten years with my friend David. He is an otherwise smart and friendly guy, but he turns into a blathering idiot when the subject of Duke comes up (even though he is married to a Duke graduate).

After I created the video I sent it around to 6 or 7 friends, to tweak David a little bit before the season started - never expected it would go beyond that. I will say it is practically a transcript of many discussions we have had, right down to the John Wooden gatorade commercial. It makes me happy to know that David is now providing entertainment to Duke fans around the world (and yes, I've let him know....)

SilkyJ
10-01-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm "tomstahlca" - Tom Stahl, class of 1985 and the "ca" is because I live in San Francisco. Glad you all enjoyed the video. I created it after watching 'iPhone4 vs HTC Evo" (look for it on youtube, it is hilarious). That video reminded me of every argument I've had about Duke basketball over the last ten years with my friend David. He is an otherwise smart and friendly guy, but he turns into a blathering idiot when the subject of Duke comes up (even though he is married to a Duke graduate).

After I created the video I sent it around to 6 or 7 friends, to tweak David a little bit before the season started - never expected it would go beyond that. I will say it is practically a transcript of many discussions we have had, right down to the John Wooden gatorade commercial. It makes me happy to know that David is now providing entertainment to Duke fans around the world (and yes, I've let him know....)

Welcome, Tom! Awesome stuff and well done. Good to know this was done to tweak a friend of yours as well. (BTW, where did David go to school?)

I'm also out in CA, San Francisco to be precise. Hope to see you for a hoopswatch or two this year if you're in the area.

DukeDiva
10-01-2010, 06:30 PM
I am still laughing! The sad thing is I had a conversation with a Kansas fan a couple days ago that was very similar to this. The only difference was that between the Duke Sucks comments he called the ACC cheaters:rolleyes:

Will have to pass this along to fellow fans, thanks for sharing Jason!

CameronBornAndBred
10-01-2010, 08:06 PM

Thanks so much for the video and your behind the scene thoughts. Really great stuff, I enjoyed sharing it with as many Dukies as I did fans of other persuasions. (Who's usual only persuasive argument is "Duke sucks").

-jk
10-01-2010, 08:42 PM

Welcome! And thanks for the video - we've all banged our heads against a "David".

Hope you can stick around. Topical humor is welcome here.

-jk

1991 duke law
10-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Tom,

From the Duke alum in Toronto, thanks for the great video.

Merlindevildog91
10-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Boy this seemed so familiar! Mr. Devildog and I cracked up on this one. I've been having this discussion on FB this week after the Austin Rivers news with two otherwise educated people from work.

AtlBluRew
10-02-2010, 10:39 PM

Well done! I've passed it around to friends and the dialogue has found its way into our text conversations.

Faison1
10-04-2010, 01:37 PM
A UNC supporter just emailed "The Duke Argument" to me. Hilarious! One of the guys who was cc'd on the email simply replied:

"F Duke"

Oh, the irony!