PDA

View Full Version : Duke v. Ga Tech (Sat, Nov. 20)

Channing
09-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Is anyone planning on going to this game at Bobby Dodd Stadium? GT does some pretty decent group ticket plans. If you are interested in going please pm me and I'll see if I can coordinate a group.

CameronBornAndBred
09-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Is anyone planning on going to this game at Bobby Dodd Stadium? GT does some pretty decent group ticket plans. If you are interested in going please pm me and I'll see if I can coordinate a group.
I'm not going but I encourage anyone that can make the trip to do so. I went two years ago, that stadium is amazing. No tailgating, but it and BB&T field (WFU) are my 2 favorite ACC stadiums to see a Duke game at. (I'm going to VT this year, never been there, so it might get added to my list.)

gotoguy
09-29-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm not going but I encourage anyone that can make the trip to do so. I went two years ago, that stadium is amazing. No tailgating, but it and BB&T field (WFU) are my 2 favorite ACC stadiums to see a Duke game at. (I'm going to VT this year, never been there, so it might get added to my list.)

On North Ave directly across the expressway from Tech and Grant Field is the Varsity where many congregate before the game and elevate their LDL's and triglycerides. Take Marta to the North Ave station and follow the crowds. Order outside from one of the carhops, it's faster. Not much parking on campus unless you have a parking pass. There is tailgating north of the stadium. The Alumni club has had pregame tailgate events the past but I don't think they had one in 2008.

Channing
11-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Just following up to see if anyone is planning on tailgating before the game? I saw the Duke Club of Atlanta is having something, but its quite a ways off (down by 5th street I think).

scottcpa
11-11-2010, 02:37 PM
I agree, go to the Varsity before the game. Don't get in line until you are ready to order though. There is not a lot of patience on busy days.

OldPhiKap
11-11-2010, 02:56 PM
I agree, go to the Varsity before the game. Don't get in line until you are ready to order though. There is not a lot of patience on busy days.

"whatt'lyahave? whatt'lyahave?"

Every time I see a game there, I'm stuck behind a girder. But it's an easy place to access (MARTA is smarta) and the Tech fans are a pretty good group.