PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Hall of Legends - Gary Williams to be Inducted

gw67
09-28-2010, 01:13 PM
I was watching the O’s late season resurgence on TV the other night (We won’t talk about the first 2/3 of the season) and the announcers mentioned the new Hall of Legends which is part of the Sports Legends Museum in Baltimore near Camden Yards. The Hall of Legends honors the sports legends who have been significant to the state of Maryland. Members in the inaugural Hall class include Babe Ruth, Johnny Unitas, Art Modell, Jim McKay, Brooks Robinson and Gary Williams. On September 30th, Williams will be inducted (see link).

http://www.baberuthmuseum.com/press/homenews/index.html?article_id=143

Several of his former players, teamates, coaches as well as Bilas and Feinstein will be there. In addition to Boeheim, Wright and Patsos, I believe that Cremins and Lavin will attend. It is interesting to me that no ACC coaches apparently will be there.

gw67

MChambers
09-28-2010, 02:59 PM
I was watching the O’s late season resurgence on TV the other night (We won’t talk about the first 2/3 of the season) and the announcers mentioned the new Hall of Legends which is part of the Sports Legends Museum in Baltimore near Camden Yards. The Hall of Legends honors the sports legends who have been significant to the state of Maryland. Members in the inaugural Hall class include Babe Ruth, Johnny Unitas, Art Modell, Jim McKay, Brooks Robinson and Gary Williams. On September 30th, Williams will be inducted (see link).

http://www.baberuthmuseum.com/press/homenews/index.html?article_id=143

Several of his former players, teamates, coaches as well as Bilas and Feinstein will be there. In addition to Boeheim, Wright and Patsos, I believe that Cremins and Lavin will attend. It is interesting to me that no ACC coaches apparently will be there.

gw67

That's a nice honor. But it raises the question: Will Gary donate a sweat-stained suit?

Lord Ash
09-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Next up for the Baltimore Hall of Legends: Stringer Bell.

Seriously though, Gary is deserving. While I think he is a bit of a nutcase, I do respect him as a coach who tries to "do it" the right way.