PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Brooks

TillyGalore
06-04-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm not sure what possessed me to see "Mr. Brooks" the night it opened. I don't tend to want to see movies the night/weekend they open (unless it's a James Bond movie) and I'm not really a Kevin Costner fan. Perhaps it was the notion that we knew from the outset he played a serial killer that lead me to want to know more about this movie. But I really wish I could get my money and time back. My advice to all who read this, WAIT UNTIL IT COMES OUT ON DVD.

The movie was pretty predictable, though there were a few unpredictable parts. One thing I was impressed with was the relationship between Kevin and William Hurt's characters or that they are one in the same person, but they way they shot scenes and their interactions were the highlight of the film.

My boyfriend thought it should have ended about 30-60 seconds before it did. I won't share the end on the board, but if you want to know how it ended send me a PM.

If you disagree with my take, let me know. I'm curious to know what others thought of it.

dkbaseball
06-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Costner has said they would like to make a couple of sequels, if this one does well, so that precluded the 30-second earlier ending, which certainly would have been morally appropriate. I found the movie far less predictable than you did -- lots of interesting plot twists, I thought. William Hurt as twisted id was one of the all-time great characters.