PDA

View Full Version : Bad Bing ad

airowe
09-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Not sure if this is happening to everyone, but I'm on the latest Firefox browser and every time I load a page, it takes me all the way to the bottom of the screen.

Also, when I'm on my Blackberry and I get logged out, the password box doesn't show up, only the username box. I can't remember how I eventually get in, but it was easier to get confirmed into the Catholic church.

SilkyJ
09-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Not sure if this is happening to everyone, but I'm on the latest Firefox browser and every time I load a page, it takes me all the way to the bottom of the screen.

Also, when I'm on my Blackberry and I get logged out, the password box doesn't show up, only the username box. I can't remember how I eventually get in, but it was easier to get confirmed into the Catholic church.

Which FireFox are you using? I'm on 3.6.10 and having no issues.

airowe
09-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Which FireFox are you using? I'm on 3.6.10 and having no issues.

Me too.

Edit: It seems to be working fine now. Also my car was making a funny noise today until I took it to my mechanic. Then, it wouldn't make that noise anymore.

SilkyJ
09-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Ha, cool. Sounds like its just not your day.

pfrduke
09-23-2010, 05:06 PM

I had this issue, and discovered that it was advertising-related. There was a Bing ad that contained a search bar in it, and, upon loading, a cursor would show up in the search bar and pull the screen to the bottom of the page.

airowe
09-23-2010, 05:14 PM
I had this issue, and discovered that it was advertising-related. There was a Bing ad that contained a search bar in it, and, upon loading, a cursor would show up in the search bar and pull the screen to the bottom of the page.

Yep, that was it. Didn't put two and two together. Any chance we can have that ad removed? It also screws with the NEW button...

rasputin
09-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Yep, that was it. Didn't put two and two together. Any chance we can have that ad removed? It also screws with the NEW button...

Is that also what causes my cursor to jump around when I'm trying to post?

Indoor66
09-23-2010, 06:05 PM

The same thing is happening to me and I am using IE 8. Really frustrating.

DukieInKansas
09-23-2010, 06:23 PM
The same thing is happening to me and I am using IE 8. Really frustrating.

It also is keeping the page up and page down keys from working since the cursor is in the Bing search bar. If I didn't want to use Bing at the top of the page, I am not going to change my mind by it taking me to the one at the bottom of the page.

I'm on IE8 also.

gep
09-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Wow... in the last half-hour or so of browsing this DBR forum, that Bing ad is simply driving me crazy. The screen jumps to the bottom, and I don't know where the "new" message starts. Even replying to this thread, the screen jumps to the bottom, then I have to scroll up to here to type my message. I understand ads being important for DBR, but this Bing ad has gotta be blocked. If anything, for me it's another reason to not care for Micro$oft.

SilkyJ
09-23-2010, 06:42 PM
WOW. I clicked reply b/c I wanted to post and say "weird, I haven't gotten this supposed Bing ad"

Then, when I clicked reply it happened to me. Def needs fixing please!!

(FYI- I let -jk & Devil84 know about this in a PM. I'm sure they'll be on top of fixing whatever the issue is)

gumbomoop
09-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Definition:

"Bad" -- a Bing

-jk
09-23-2010, 08:18 PM
I haven't seen it. Can someone get me a screen shot of the ad in question? PM me if you do.

Thanks,

-jk

WiJoe
09-23-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm on safari 4.1.2, same issue. It inhales vigorously.

jipops
09-23-2010, 09:23 PM
I have encountered this in Chrome as well.

FireOgilvie
09-23-2010, 10:02 PM
It was happening on my phone as well.

SilkyJ
09-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Guys-

The mods are working to try and fix this, but its not the easiest thing apparently. I'm trying to help them out.

A quick question for those getting the bing ad:

Is the search field in the Ad pre populated with something? If so, what does it say?

(Mine always says NFL Football)

Stray Gator
09-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Guys-

The mods are working to try and fix this, but its not the easiest thing apparently. I'm trying to help them out.

A quick question for those getting the bing ad:

Is the search field in the Ad pre populated with something? If so, what does it say?

(Mine always says NFL Football)

Yes. In the Bing ad that keeps interfering with my browser, the dialogue box in the bottom ad always contains this "search message": NFL Scores

airowe
09-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Yes. In the Bing ad that keeps interfering with my browser, the dialogue box in the bottom ad always contains this "search message": NFL Scores

That's what it says for mine too.

DukieInKansas
09-24-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm not having this issue today. I did not have it last night on a different computer. I have not had the Bing ad today.