PDA

View Full Version : Any Giant Fans Out There Who Watched That Putrid Performance

NYC Duke Fan
09-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Are there any die-hard Football Giant fans like myself who watched that awful and embarrassing performamce last night who want to vent or should we just forget about it?

ncexnyc
09-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Well that's the beauty of having a DVR. I watched the first half while recording the season finale of, "The Great Food Truck Race." Unfortunately, that didn't turnout any better than the Giants game, as my girls from the Nom Nom truck ended up losing the final episode after smoking the competition the previous five weeks. To make matters worse the final episode took place in NYC.

I have some serious concerns over the Giants play so far. Yes, they beat Carolina last week, but after the egg the Panthers laid at home yesterday that win doesn't look all that impressive now. The Giants did lose to a fired up Colts team that had a lot to prove after their loss last week to the Texans, but the Giants still looked very flat.

mr. synellinden
09-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Perhaps the worst overall performance by a Giants team since the Super Bowl loss to the Ravens.

The whole team looked three steps slower than the Colts. The offensive line got blown past repeatedly. The defensive line got steamrolled. The secondary got shredded.

The play calling was horrendous. I blame a lot of the first half on Gilbride who called way too many pass plays and showed no creativity against an overpursuing, aggressive defense. And why no timeout with 3rd and 1 with about 1:45 left in the first half just before Eli got sacked and fumbled?

The Giants are at a serious turning point for the franchise. I thought they had the talent to be a Super Bowl team. But the second half of last season and last night's game have me seriously questioning the coaching staff - and responsibility is Coughlin's.

With all their talent, they have serious weaknesses - including special teams (especially the kicking game), awful linebacking, and an aging offensive line (leading to an inconsistent running game).

Now the positives. First, the Colts are one of the best teams in the league and they were playing a must win game at home (so were the Vikings, but Favre is no Manning). So a loss was not unexpected - it was the way they lost that was shocking. Nicks is emerging as a game breaking receiver. Bradshaw looks fully recovered. Boss will be back. The secondary is better than last year.

The Giants must win their next two games at home against Tennessee and Chicago. I think the Coughlin era may turn on these next two games.

DukeUsul
09-20-2010, 03:01 PM
This Eagles fan watched and loved every minute of it. About the best thing you guys have going for you is that at least your quarterback isn't a serial dog torturer and killer.

The NFC East looks to be up for grabs this year, which should be fun. I thought the Skins and Eagles would spend the year fighting for third, but not so sure about that anymore. If the Skins or Eagles can shore up their defenses a bit, they can make a play for the top positions.

sue71, esq
09-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Pa-the-tic. I will even roll out... overrated. <Gasp>

My poor Giants. :(

elvis14
09-21-2010, 04:31 PM
The NFC East looks to be up for grabs this year, which should be fun. I thought the Skins and Eagles would spend the year fighting for third, but not so sure about that anymore. If the Skins or Eagles can shore up their defenses a bit, they can make a play for the top positions.

This Redskins fan agrees. I had no idea what to expect from the Redskins entering the season and they sure didn't show me much in the preseason but so far, I'm pretty happy with their play and have found the games fun to watch as well. As for the Giants losing the Colts, well lets just say that I loved it almost as much as I loved Da Bear's win.

cf-62
09-29-2010, 12:48 AM
how bad is it?

I'm picking against them in the weekly sports bar pool.