PDA

View Full Version : Coach K and Jim Boeheim

NYC Duke Fan
09-17-2010, 02:31 AM
Did Coach K select Boeheim or was it Colangelo ? Obviously, Coach K had to approve.

I never knew that he and Jim B. were such good friends. Does anyone know when this friendship began.

I always thought that Boeheim was a very underrated coach and it took a while for people to finally realize that he is right up there with the likes of Pitino, Williams, Self, etc.

We should schedule a game against Syracuse at the Carrier Dome..that would be something !!!

Bluedevil114
09-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Did Coach K select Boeheim or was it Colangelo ? Obviously, Coach K had to approve.

I never knew that he and Jim B. were such good friends. Does anyone know when this friendship began.

I always thought that Boeheim was a very underrated coach and it took a while for people to finally realize that he is right up there with the likes of Pitino, Williams, Self, etc.

We should schedule a game against Syracuse at the Carrier Dome..that would be something !!!

They have been friends for a very long time and outside of Jimmy V, I would say Jim B is now is closest friend in the coaching world. Coach K definitely picked Jim B to be by himside especially with breaking down a zone defense.

I do not think you will ever see Coach K schedule at the Carrier Dome because of their friendship. No need to play each other unless they meet in the tournament.