PDA

View Full Version : Coach K on the Jim Rome show today: Thursday, September 16

Class of '94
09-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Coach K is about to come the Jim Rome radio show in a few minutes

micah75
09-16-2010, 06:16 PM
I missed it. What was said? I loved it last year (or was it the year before) when Romy finally expressed full respect for Coach K, (on a radio show), addressing him by his real name, kudos, etc. Momentous in my opinion, based upon previous disses. Even my U. Kentucky brother loved that conversation, and believe me, he is a hard-core UK fan. He gained new-found respect for Coach K after that interview, seeing a side he hadn't seen before.

Class of '94
09-16-2010, 08:51 PM
I missed it. What was said? I loved it last year (or was it the year before) when Romy finally expressed full respect for Coach K, (on a radio show), addressing him by his real name, kudos, etc. Momentous in my opinion, based upon previous disses. Even my U. Kentucky brother loved that conversation, and believe me, he is a hard-core UK fan. He gained new-found respect for Coach K after that interview, seeing a side he hadn't seen before.

It was a pretty good interview. K was on the show for about 17 minutes. The topics appeared to be similar to what Coach K discussed on teh Dan Patrick show today. Here's a quick synopsis and link to the interview.

Coach K talked about his experiences at the World Championships, and he specifically highlighted Kevin Durant for how good a player is and is going to be; Chauncy and Lamar's leadership with the team, and talked alot about how great Lamar was with the team and thought Lamar was critical to the US team winning the gold. Coach K also thought Lamar was just such a unselfish team player with incredible talent. He highlighted Derrick Rose's ability to put pressure on the ball and Westbrook being an incredible athlete. He thinks the 2012 Olympic team will be a mixture of players from the 2008 and 2010 teams with even a possiblity of couple of players that didn't play on either teams. Coach told Rome that he was a better coach because of the experience and he learned alot working with the players, coaching against the other international coaches and working with Jim B, Jay Triano and Nate McMillan; and K especially highlighed Nate by calling him a "stud", and praised Nate for his work with this team.

Here is a link to webpage with the interview. http://www.jimrome.com/guest/krzyzewski-mike/11958