PDA

View Full Version : Foodies' ACC Favs

davekay1971
09-16-2010, 10:00 AM
I've seen a fantastic thread about best North Carolina BBQ (a passion of mine), but don't remeber a more general "best eats in ACC country" thread.

One of my favorite ESPN writers, Heather Dinich, linked this, and I'm passing it along...

http://d1scourse.typepad.com/blog/2010/09/the-best-eats-in-the-acc.html

From my experiences growing up in DC and living in Durham and Winston-Salem, the writer does a credible job with, of course, a few misses.

The ones he hits that I applaud: Ledo Restaurant in College Park (still the best pizza I've ever eaten), Lexington BBQ and Little Richard's BBQ (Lexington and Winston-Salem, NC, respectively), Angus Barn in Raleigh, and Foothills Brewing in Winston-Salem.

I'd also add Rana Loca (Cuban cuisine) and the original Village Tavern (in Reynolda Village, not down by the mall) in Winston, and Snook's BBQ in Advance, NC.

Wondering what other suggestions people had, especially in parts of ACC country with which I'm not familiar (Boston, if you can call that ACC country, Clemson, UVa and Va Tech)...

PumpkinFunk
09-16-2010, 12:01 PM
I know it's not actually in College Park, but I'm still a bit surprised to not see Ben's Chili Bowl on the list, simply because it's a DC food landmark. To see Lexington BBQ on there and not Ben's Chili Bowl, especially, is a bit odd.