PDA

View Full Version : Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show: Thursday September 16, 2010

Battery
09-16-2010, 02:20 AM
Coach K will be a guest on the Dan Patrick Radio show on Thursday. You can check out details at http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/ on where to tune in etc.

jdj4duke
09-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Looks like Coach K is coming on as next guest- about 9:20 am EDT.

Bluedevil114
09-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Can someone please link the interview on this thread?

NSDukeFan
09-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Can someone please link the interview on this thread?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/?eref=sinav

You will have to scroll down a bit to find the Coach K segment.

Billy Dat
09-16-2010, 03:10 PM
It was a fun interview.

Aside from gushing about Kevin Durant and naming who he thought some of the best non-US players were in the tournament, the best part was when Dan Patrick asked him if he'd ever allow a "Hard Knocks" style documentary series about the team.

After saying "Absolutely Not" and explaining that he could never be himself on a show like that, Patrick asked him if, during the current interview, he was getting Game Coach K or Practice Coach K. K said, "Neither, this is Social Coach K". Patrick asked how Game Coach K was different than Practice Coach K and he said, "It depends on how well you are practicing".

Lord Ash
09-16-2010, 03:41 PM
K is a real character:) I really enjoy how acerbic he is with Dan Patrick... they have a funny interview style together. I was sorry there wasn't more Duke stuff, but I know that was not the real "point" of the interview.

Too bad about the Hard Knocks bit... always thought that would be great.

Probably the funniest bit (and most likely to be message board fodder) was when Patrick was asking about Duke flopping, and the two of them went back and forth (with K joking about the question being a flop.) After another minute the interview ended and Patrick said Roy Williams was coming up next. "Well you can ask Roy about flopping" K quipped, which of course led to some back and forth about Carolina... I think K ended by saying "Carolina is great."

Funny stuff... Coach K can be very bitingly funny.