PDA

View Full Version : At point guard... #1 Kyrie Irving!!!

DukeBlueNV
09-14-2010, 03:22 PM
http://plixi.com/p/45115081

For those who follow Kyrie on twitter, you might have already seen this but just thought I'd share with everyone else... :cool:

Lord Ash
09-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Be still, my beating heart!

I think it was posted here earlier, but did everyone see JWills list of the top ten point guards in the NCAA? At #1 was #1, Kyrie Irving. Can't wait to see what he can do.

SO ready for basketball to start!

msdukie
09-14-2010, 03:44 PM
http://plixi.com/p/45115081

For those who follow Kyrie on twitter, you might have already seen this but just thought I'd share with everyone else... :cool:

In order to start our 2010-2011 uniform rant early, I present this picture brought to you by Nike:

http://plixi.com/p/45115166

Cell-R
09-14-2010, 04:11 PM
In order to start our 2010-2011 uniform rant early, I present this picture brought to you by Nike:

They look a lot shorter in that picture than when they walked by me the other day...

Leck
09-14-2010, 08:21 PM
one of the plumlee's was takin it...or perhaps singler or dr. badass.

Taco
09-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Haha, what is going on with that second one? Is it just the perspective? Are there mirrors involved or what? Hairston looks all out of proportion.

Newton_14
09-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Awesome pic's. For those who have not had the pleasure yet of seeing Kyrie play in person, you are in for quite the treat. Every bit as good as advertised. I cannot wait to see him doing his thing wearing that Number 1 Duke jersey.

CTC cannot get here fast enough. K should be energized after following up the National Title with the Gold Medal, and will be eager to mesh the young pups in with the vet's (Kyle, Nolan, Miles) and the "tweeners" (Mason, Andre, Ryan, Seth). So many options and so many ways to destroy the competition, I imagine K and the staff are drawing up all kinds of new wrinkles for this multi-talented and diverse group of kids. Big, small, quick, powerful, leapers, shooters, penetrators, mid-range, long-range, dunkaholic's, did I miss anything??

I am as excited about seeing this team as any team in a long time, which is surreal, given the last Duke team we watched only won every tournament they entered and are National Champions! It almost isn't fair is it?:D

Welcome Kyrie, Josh, and Tyler!

Go Duke!!

jipops
09-14-2010, 09:28 PM

Looks like a boot on Tyler's foot. Is he nursing an injury?

devildeac
09-14-2010, 09:39 PM

Yea, I heard he got it from kicking Kendall Marshall's %$$ all over the court last season.;)

Newton_14
09-14-2010, 09:43 PM

I could be wrong, but it looks like a Nike sneaker on his right foot to me. The toe area is Duke blue. His left foot is not in the pic, so no way to tell if he has a matching shoe on the left.

Got_Duke
09-15-2010, 03:30 PM
link for the top ten list?

gumbomoop
10-03-2010, 01:15 PM
How do we know Kyrie will be a beast? He has logged in zero mins at Duke....

I can accept the argument that no one can absolutely know how good Kyrie will be, or how any frosh, perhaps especially a PG, will perform.

So I'm willing to say I and others have [I]expectations rather than crystal-ball certainty, but I'd insist that these expectations can reasonably be characterized as "very confident" rather than merely "hopeful." For example, I'm hopeful that both Thornton and Hairston can contribute off the bench this season, but it's neither a secret nor controversial to say that others are ahead of them at their respective positions.

But in Kyrie's case, although Seth has [I assume] played PG in practice for an entire year, and although Nolan has played some PG on O and has regularly defended the PG on D, Kyrie enters the program very highly rated by all recruiting gurus - no exceptions, and most stunned by his handle, quickness, and judgment. Further, I and other posters have subjected Kyrie's talents to the eye test, and, well, he passes every time, especially on O. It's not even close. [I hasten to add that Kyrie may not be a beast on D, but he's got real quick-flick hands.]

Most important, K has - I think unusual for him - publicly referred to Kyrie's game with the word "Wow!"

So it's possible that Kyrie will be a big disappointment. But such a scenario really is unlikely. No guarantees, but this isn't a "50-50" case. There is every reason to [be reasonable and] expect that Kyrie will be a special talent even in the difficult role of frosh PG. But in the highly, highly unlikely event that all the casual-eye-test-fans, and all the recruiting gurus, and all the head coaches at Duke - every last one of these idiots is foolishly overconfident, well, it's Duke's great good fortune to have Seth, Nolan, and Tyler to fill in.

Any way one looks at it, we're golden.