PDA

View Full Version : FIBA Championship In Game Discussion: USA vs Turkey

diveonthefloor
09-12-2010, 03:00 PM
8 point lead in the early 2nd period. Sloppy game so far.

DukeHoo
09-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Turkey's turning over the ball quite a bit (already at 9 I think). Apparently they've been averaging 10 per game during the rest of the World Games. They seem to be having trouble with the US's speed. Also, this game kind of reminds me of the Championship game against Butler in terms of physicality. It's been an out and out war there

pfrduke
09-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Turkey's turning over the ball quite a bit (already at 9 I think). Apparently they've been averaging 10 per game during the rest of the World Games. They seem to be having trouble with the US's speed. Also, this game kind of reminds me of the Championship game against Butler in terms of physicality. It's been an out and out war there

Impressions thus far: we're over-reliant on the three against the zone without moving the ball inside first; Russell Westbrook is an out-and-out thief; Kevin Durant is a ridiculous offensive specimen; the Turkish point guard can make some nifty passes out of the pick and roll; Hedo Turkoglu is a bit of a punk.

_TheFakeJWill_
09-12-2010, 03:29 PM
watching my delayed Falcons game right now... what quarter and whats the score of the game?!

ice-9
09-12-2010, 03:29 PM
It's strange but based on the last two games our guards haven't looked very good. Billups is a steadying influence but has horrible shot selection and is missing everything. Curry made one, missed one but looks unnervingly shaky with the ball. Gordon is missing everything though at least he's playing decent D. Westbrook is a physical specimen but not really a point guard.

Where o where would Team USA be without Kevin Durant?

I don't even get how Iguodala has such a high PPG average in the NBA, his jump shot looks bad in the tourney thus far.

pfrduke
09-12-2010, 03:31 PM
watching my delayed Falcons game right now... what quarter and whats the score of the game?!

We're up 10 at the half. 42-32.

77devil
09-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Impressions thus far: we're over-reliant on the three against the zone without moving the ball inside first; Russell Westbrook is an out-and-out thief; Kevin Durant is a ridiculous offensive specimen; the Turkish point guard can make some nifty passes out of the pick and roll; Hedo Turkoglu is a bit of a punk.

Neither Billups or Rose played well. It would appear that Coach has more patience for Billups due to his experience while Rose got the hook early. Surprised that Love had no PT. He's certainly earned it.

diveonthefloor
09-12-2010, 03:40 PM
USA has classically blown teams out coming out of halftime.

Hope pattern holds true.

Don't worry about Turkey playing like thugs....USA is a pretty tough/physical team.

Coach K interview with Schwarz:
"This (win) would be more satisfying (than Olympics)....I'd be so proud of this group....If we're not able to do it I'd still be very proud of them."

77devil
09-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Durant is just unstoppable. Wow

4decadedukie
09-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Glad we are up by ten, to start the second half; however, we are COLD, especially from the outside (Kevin Durant obviously excepted). Given the crowd's understandable bias, this game is far from over.

diveonthefloor
09-12-2010, 03:52 PM
K...please pull Rose

77devil
09-12-2010, 03:54 PM
K...please pull Rose

Wish granted and none to soon.

diveonthefloor
09-12-2010, 03:58 PM
OK, I think we now have our best lineup in the game....(Turkey had pulled to within 11)....let's see what happens.

_TheFakeJWill_
09-12-2010, 04:18 PM
thanks for the updates guys... keep em coming... Falcons in OT right now

DukeHoo
09-12-2010, 04:28 PM
US just beat Turkey, 81-64

Bluedog
09-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Victory! Watched the game in Greece in Greek. Overall a solid tournament and can't complain. What is coach K now in national games as head coach? 35_1 or something? I don't care how much talent you have on a team. That much success is impressive. It's 1130 pm in Greece so I don't really understand how they're playing live in turkey right now as it's got to be like 3 on the morning. Makes no sense to me but who knows. It's quite funny to hear the greek commentators say coach k's name.

pfrduke
09-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Victory! Watched the game in Greece in Greek. Overall a solid tournament and can't complain. What is coach K now in national games as head coach? 35_1 or something? I don't care how much talent you have on a team. That much success is impressive. It's 1130 pm in Greece so I don't really understand how they're playing live in turkey right now as it's got to be like 3 on the morning. Makes no sense to me but who knows. It's quite funny to hear the greek commentators say coach k's name.

Greece and Istanbul are in the same time zone.

miramar
09-12-2010, 04:41 PM
49-1 with Team USA. Wow.

Reilly
09-12-2010, 04:43 PM
49-1 with Team USA. Wow.

This cannot be right, can it? K was the head coach of the 1990 World Champ USA squad which did not win the Gold, did it?

pfrduke
09-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Great that K gets a gold for himself this time around. Looks good on him.

Bluedog
09-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Greece and Istanbul are in the same time zone.

Ah cool. Thanks for clearing that up.Late game still but I guess not absurd and makes it more prime time for those in more western Europe.

Lord Ash
09-12-2010, 05:03 PM
This cannot be right, can it? K was the head coach of the 1990 World Champ USA squad which did not win the Gold, did it?

Since loss in '06 at Worlds or wherever it was.

4decadedukie
09-12-2010, 05:11 PM
GREAT - Gold (again) for the USA, with K's leadership and management as the catalyst. Congratulations to our players and coaches. I noted, however, K's halftime statement that the impending London Olympics would be his last international tournament.