PDA

View Full Version : September 11, 2010

bjornolf
09-11-2010, 05:46 AM
To those who gave their lives, the loved ones who still miss them, and the men and women working hard to make sure it never happens again.

God Bless America.
http://www.textually.org/ringtonia/archives/images/set3/american-flag-2a.jpg

May we never forget.

4decadedukie
09-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Thanks for posting this. Today is a sad day of remembrance for the all Americans and a day to remember the sacrifices required to rid the world of terrorism . . . and its causes.

Lord Ash
09-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Worst day of my life:(

Tappan Zee Devil
09-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Worst day of my life:(

Here also. I remember standing in the lab staring at a TV that someone had rolled in thinking "This isn't happening. This can't be happening." And then finding out that the dead included one of our former graduate students and two people from my church and both the father and brother of another teacher at my wife's school...

I try to understand it, but it is hard to comprehend both how anyone could have such hate and how they could take it out on innocent people.

Duke Mom
09-13-2010, 12:04 AM
...still so painful. Images so hard to take. Touched base with my kids, yesterday - one was in school at the time, only two blocks from Ground Zero. Terrible memories seared within - sights, smells - fear. But do feel truly lucky that we all have our good health with so many opportunities ahead. Too many families weren't so fortunate. Americans became so united after 9/11. How nice it would be for our nation to feel that again, during peaceful times within our borders.

Bless us all.