PDA

View Full Version : WDNC 5 to 10 second delay.

homebre
09-05-2010, 08:54 PM
When did WDNC start delaying the football broadcasts? I missed games last year, but in previous years I used to listen to Bob at the games, but now he is delayed at least 5 seconds or so. I know he is getting older, but he hasn't slowed down that much! Also, charging $10 for parking and having to wait almost an hour to leave the lot is ridiculous!

OZZIE4DUKE
09-05-2010, 09:12 PM
When did WDNC start delaying the football broadcasts? I missed games last year, but in previous years I used to listen to Bob at the games, but now he is delayed at least 5 seconds or so. I know he is getting older, but he hasn't slowed down that much! Also, charging $10 for parking and having to wait almost an hour to leave the lot is ridiculous!
$10 parking is the price of success. Literally.

The best way to avoid the departure delay is to attend a post game tailgate (or Brunchgate, as the case may be, even at 10 pm) for an hour or so. Works every time! :cool:

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-05-2010, 09:57 PM

The only reason for quicker departures during the down years was the low attendance. When games are sell outs, getting in and getting out of the area will take longer. This year there finally is more of a plan for the traffic patterns before and after games.

The parking fees and ticket prices are still lower than one pays at many other venues.