PDA

View Full Version : Duke running backs ready to roam

Mike Corey
09-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Neat video feature from GoDuke.com. Enjoy (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=204987413).

OZZIE4DUKE
09-04-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing Josh Snead break off a 75 yarder for a TD! :cool:

Bob Green
09-04-2010, 12:24 AM
We must run the ball to be successful. I'm optimistic we will be able to run due to the experience and improved talent on the offensive line, plus the five running backs we will be throwing at opponents. Coach Cutcliffe has focused upon increasing the speed Duke is able to place on the field and I'm anxious to see the more mature Desmond Scott as well as the freshmen Snead and Thompson running the ball for our Blue Devils.

Once opponents have to respect our ability to move the ball on the ground, the passing attack can be unleashed and Duke has the best receiving corps in the ACC. That is not a statement of bravado but rather a statement of fact. Starters Donovan Varner, Conner Vernon and Austin Kelly all were in the ACC Top 10 in receptions last year. Throughout training camp we have heard the positive reports on the other wide receivers such as Tony Foster who has deep threat speed, and Brandon Braxton who has demonstrated the ability to catch the ball in traffic.

There is a hierarchy to success in football:

1. Win the battle in the trenches.
2. Run the ball to set up the pass.
3. Pass the ball.

Hopefully, 2010 is the year Duke can achieve all three steps in the prescribed order.

budwom
09-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Running the football is indeed a key. If we can't do it tonight, that's not a good sign.
Getting a good pass rush (which we havent had) is also key. Elon is a good passing team. We'll see if we have any progress in that area.
And our young, talented defensive backs will get a test tonight as well. How will they do?