PDA

View Full Version : roy doesn't know jack

BD80
08-31-2010, 04:15 PM
and he won't get to:

http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/24236001

Kadeem Jack ... 6-foot-8 forward from New York ... chose Rutgers despite interest from Arkansas, Kentucky, Georgetown, North Carolina, West Virginia and Miami. Scout.com rated him as the 43rd-best prospect in the Class of 2010. ... Jack is spending this year at a prep school. He's on track to join Rutgers for the 2011-12 season.

monkey
08-31-2010, 04:32 PM
and he won't get to:

http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/24236001

Thought they were going after this guy pretty hard to fill front court depth for this year. Anyone know what the story is? Pretty unusual for a guy to forego college for another prep year.

SCMatt33
09-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Thought they were going after this guy pretty hard to fill front court depth for this year. Anyone know what the story is? Pretty unusual for a guy to forego college for another prep year.

I don't think it's that uncommon for guys to spend an extra year in high school, it just usually doesn't get this much publicity since the decision is made well in advance and there is no question as to his classification at the last minute, as was the case with Jack. He never seemed like a serious option for UNC. They really only wanted one extra guy for this year as a stop gap to help with front-court depth and they got it in Knox.

As for Jack's decision, I seem to remember that he was already leaning towards prep school, but the UNC situation caused him to reconsider.

MChambers
09-01-2010, 04:07 PM
I don't think it's that uncommon for guys to spend an extra year in high school, it just usually doesn't get this much publicity since the decision is made well in advance and there is no question as to his classification at the last minute, as was the case with Jack. He never seemed like a serious option for UNC. They really only wanted one extra guy for this year as a stop gap to help with front-court depth and they got it in Knox.

As for Jack's decision, I seem to remember that he was already leaning towards prep school, but the UNC situation caused him to reconsider.

How many years was Hansbrough in high school? Wasn't he like 23 or 24 when he graduated?

BD80
09-01-2010, 04:27 PM
How many years was Hansbrough in high school? Wasn't he like 23 or 24 when he graduated?

When he graduated high school? I don't think he was much older than 22.

He qualified for an NBA pension before making a basket in the NBA. BTW, his NBA checks have a notation in the memo line: "Traveling Money."