PDA

View Full Version : Elite 24

Daniel tosh
08-27-2010, 03:09 PM
The Elite 24 will start tonight with a dunk contest at 7:00,and tomorrow with a game at 7:00

Players of interest:

Michael Gbinije
Austin Rivers
Quincy Miller
Quinn Cook
Alex Murphy
Shabazz Muhammad

Also does anyone know who is competing in the dunk contest?or the teams in the game?

DeBlueDevil
08-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Not sure if anyone heard but Shabazz says he's going to attend UNC's Midnight Madness. Seems like he may be a little more interested in the lighter blue...ohh well.

MisterRoddy
08-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Not sure if anyone heard but Shabazz says he's going to attend UNC's Midnight Madness. Seems like he may be a little more interested in the lighter blue...ohh well.

Boy, if there ever was a time for a "facepalm" icon...

DukeBlueNV
08-27-2010, 04:56 PM

I wouldn't get too worried Shabazz's recruitment is wide open.... UNC just happend to be first on the to-do list.

MisterRoddy
08-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Picks to win the dunk contest tonight? (espnu)

My vote is Nick Johnson, I know Deuce is the favorite but Johnson has serious bounce and could steal it.

Some others involved are: Lebryan Nash, Jahii Carson, Amir Garrett, Norman Powell. (missing some)

EDIT: Thread not Tread

airowe
08-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Picks to win the dunk contest tonight? (espnu)

My vote is Nick Johnson, I know Deuce is the favorite but Johnson has serious bounce and could steal it.

Some others involved are: Lebryan Nash, Jahii Carson, Amir Garrett, Norman Powell. (missing some)

EDIT: Thread not Tread

Norman Powell's got this. Complete list:

Nick Johnson, Jahii Carson, Amir Garrett, Lebryan Nash, Norman Powell, Gabe York, Stephen Maxwell, Deuce Bello

JasonEvans
08-28-2010, 09:36 AM
For anyone who cares, Duece Bello won. Apparently, it was not even close. That kid has mad hops! Maxwell came in 2nd.

--Jason "I am rooting for Capel to get him, but I think it will be Baylor or Louisville" Evans

MisterRoddy
08-28-2010, 02:19 PM
For anyone who cares, Duece Bello won. Apparently, it was not even close. That kid has mad hops! Maxwell came in 2nd.

--Jason "I am rooting for Capel to get him, but I think it will be Baylor or Louisville" Evans

Yeah, my guy Nick Johnson couldn't make a dunk in the 2nd round (he missed the dunk that Deuce Bello won the whole thing on). Deuce scored perfect 40s on all of his dunks, He is, unquestionably, the most athletic player in the class.

Zerogee
08-28-2010, 08:34 PM
The game itself is your standard no-defense affair, but there was a Power Forward I hadn't heard much about called Kyle Wiltjer who had a sweet-looking jumpshot. He's #32 or so on ESPNU's Top 100, and Scout's #5 rated PF (5-star). He decided to give his verbal at halftime and ... it went to Kentucky.

Wiltjer was also considering Gonzaga, Kansas, Cal, and Texas apparently. Kentucky really is just re-loading for yet another year.

Gorilla
08-28-2010, 08:53 PM
There is absolutely no defense being played. Out of all the elite 24's this is the least impressive one.

This wiltjer kid has surprised me. Alex Murphy looks pretty good so far.

roywhite
08-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Yeah, my guy Nick Johnson couldn't make a dunk in the 2nd round (he missed the dunk that Deuce Bello won the whole thing on). Deuce scored perfect 40s on all of his dunks, He is, unquestionably, the most athletic player in the class.

The High Riser from High Point?

Here's video from his 2009-10 season. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e_gbT1U0Cs)

DukeFanSince1990
08-28-2010, 09:55 PM
That wingspan and vertical make him a virtual 6'8".

The High Riser from High Point?

Here's video from his 2009-10 season. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e_gbT1U0Cs)

Duke: A Dynasty
08-29-2010, 03:41 AM
if any one has time could u post the stats from the game last night in venice? or a link to the stats. id like to c how austin and the others did

watzone
08-29-2010, 09:40 AM
http://bluedevilnation.net/2010/08/boost-mobile-elite-24-recap/ BDN covered the event live tweeting and reporting to members and such. We'll have more as a busy week ahead progresses. I need more time at the beach, myself. Overall, very good comments from Duke prospects while there and a good time for the guys.

MisterRoddy
08-29-2010, 11:17 AM
if any one has time could u post the stats from the game last night in venice? or a link to the stats. id like to c how austin and the others did

I couldn't find a box score (quite frankly, not even sure if one exists) but since you mentioned him, I know Austin Rivers had 15 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists.

http://bluedevilnation.net/2010/08/boost-mobile-elite-24-recap/ BDN covered the event live tweeting and reporting to members and such. We'll have more as a busy week ahead progresses. I need more time at the beach, myself. Overall, very good comments from Duke prospects while there and a good time for the guys.

Thanks watzone. Great stuff, as always.

Duke: A Dynasty
08-29-2010, 12:15 PM
I couldn't find a box score (quite frankly, not even sure if one exists) but since you mentioned him, I know Austin Rivers had 15 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists.

Thanks watzone. Great stuff, as always.

not bad considering he got hurt on his shooting wrist

airowe
08-29-2010, 12:27 PM

Box scores: http://www.dukehoopblog.com/2010/08/29/wiltjer-kabongo-rivers-and-mcadoo-co-mvps-elite-24-event/