PDA

View Full Version : No College Gameday at Cameron this year

JasonEvans
08-26-2010, 10:40 AM
ESPN has released the list of where they will take College Gameday (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/ESPN-releases-next-season-s-College-GameDay-sche?urn=ncaab-265102) this season. They will be at the Duke-VaTech game in Blacksburg, but will not be at any of the games in Cameron.

--Jason "all of our most interesting games this year are road or neutral games" Evans

CameronBornAndBred
08-26-2010, 10:43 AM
--Jason "all of our most interesting games this year are road or neutral games" Evans
Disagree..we have several conference games that I'll be looking forward to.
As far as the "most interesting" being on the road, that's ok with me. Better exposure never hurts, and tough road wins (and losses) are always great for team building.

Duke of Nashville
08-26-2010, 10:44 AM
ESPN has released the list of where they will take College Gameday (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/ESPN-releases-next-season-s-College-GameDay-sche?urn=ncaab-265102) this season. They will be at the Duke-VaTech game in Blacksburg, but will not be at any of the games in Cameron.

Who ownes the rights to the Big Ten ACC Challenge? Figured that the MSU game would be mega-hyped....

pfrduke
08-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Who ownes the rights to the Big Ten ACC Challenge? Figured that the MSU game would be mega-hyped....

ESPN does, and it will be heavily hyped, but it's on a Wednesday and in December, so the gameday crew won't travel. They have, to my knowledge, never traveled for a mid-week game before. And they don't start until college football season is over, so as not to interfere with the other College Gameday.

Duvall
08-26-2010, 11:05 AM
ESPN does, and it will be heavily hyped, but it's on a Wednesday and in December, so the gameday crew won't travel. They have, to my knowledge, never traveled for a mid-week game before. And they don't start until college football season is over, so as not to interfere with the other College Gameday.

Plus, it might require ESPN to reduce its NFL coverage by 0.5% for that week, and that's just not possible.

OZZIE4DUKE
08-26-2010, 11:08 AM
They should be in Durham on Sept. 18 for the upset of the century. :cool:

devildeac
08-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Paging DukieinKansas. I am thinking/remembering you have a connection at espn. Care to contact her and see if she can rectify this gross miscarriage of truth, justice and the American way of TV programming/scheduling.;)

Kdogg
08-26-2010, 01:28 PM

Wasn't the first College Game Day (basketball) the mid-week Duke/Carolina game at Cameron? They had the game on ESPN, EPSN2 and ESPN Classic.

pfrduke
08-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Wasn't the first College Game Day (basketball) the mid-week Duke/Carolina game at Cameron? They had the game on ESPN, EPSN2 and ESPN Classic.

It's entirely possible - I'm merely going off of memory. Nonetheless, I don't remember them sending the crew (Rece, Digger, Jay, Hubert, Coach) on the road for anything other than the weekend games, when they can do the full 2 hour (or 90 minute, or whatever it is) morning show on Saturday morning and then come back for the 9pm prime-time game of the week.

I do remember the multi-broadcast Duke-Carolina game you're referring to, although have no recollection as to whether it was a weekday or whether they sent the gameday crew on the road for that game. If they did, I retract the absolute portion of my prior post and recast it in general terms (i.e., they usually or generally don't do mid-week).

OZZIE4DUKE
08-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Paging DukieinKansas. I am thinking/remembering you have a connection at espn. Care to contact her and see if she can rectify this gross miscarriage of truth, justice and the American way of TV programming/scheduling.;)
I'd rather she got said connection to the Brunchgate at the Alabama game. :cool:

Duvall
08-26-2010, 01:35 PM

Nope, it was the 2004 end-of-season game on a Saturday night.