PDA

View Full Version : Wojo minding the store

roywhite
08-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Nice piece from The Sporting News about Coach Wojo taking care of Duke basketball on the home front while Coach K and Chris Collins are at the World Championships (http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2010-08-23/with-mike-krzyzewski-away-steve-wojciechowski-mind-the-store-at-duke)

One note of concern comes from this comment:

Wojciechowski stayed home from July recruiting and passed on working with USA Basketball to remain in North Carolina and deal with his wife’s health concerns.

CameronBornAndBred
08-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Nice piece from The Sporting News about Coach Wojo taking care of Duke basketball on the home front while Coach K and Chris Collins are at the World Championships (http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2010-08-23/with-mike-krzyzewski-away-steve-wojciechowski-mind-the-store-at-duke)

One note of concern comes from this comment:
Wow...that's news, vibes to her. That bit pretty much pales the significance of the rest of the story.

Reilly
08-23-2010, 09:03 PM
... "wife's health concerns" ... is awfully cryptic ... could be anything from wonderful (tiredness from pregnancy) to catastrophic (some horrible illness) ... let's hope it's the former ... thought of Wojo yesterday watching Team USA ... Collins was jumping up and down behind the bench (Q: has he ever jumped before?) and I immediately looked for Wojo next to him and did not see him ...

gep
08-24-2010, 12:28 AM
"Wojo minding the store" sounded like a good thing to me as far as Duke basketball is concerned. Then, "wife's health concerns" sure put things in perspective quickly. I hope it's not too bad, and everything comes out OK...

Class of '94
08-24-2010, 08:58 AM
What do you think Coach James is doing right now to help Wojo? I'm sure he helped out on the July recruiting circuit for Wojo and Coach K, especially if Wojo couldn't go on the road for recruiting purposes.

slower
08-24-2010, 09:02 AM
"Wojo minding the store" sounded like a good thing to me as far as Duke basketball is concerned. Then, "wife's health concerns" sure put things in perspective quickly. I hope it's not too bad, and everything comes out OK...

Sure hope Lindsay is okay. She's a delightful person.

airowe
08-24-2010, 09:28 AM
What do you think Coach James is doing right now to help Wojo? I'm sure he helped out on the July recruiting circuit for Wojo and Coach K, especially if Wojo couldn't go on the road for recruiting purposes.

Coach James basically followed Quinn Cook around this Summer and then was down in Orlando w/ Collins and K watching Rivers, Gbinije, and others. He's the point man with a few guys and will make the maximum amount of phone calls allowable to those recruits I'm sure.

I'm guessing Wojo and Nate are also hard at work designing and preparing to implement the new offense for this upcoming season, as well as the new extended pressure defensive schemes that we're likely to see.

From what I've been told, Lindsay is doing fine and there's no reason to worry.

RockyMtDevil
08-24-2010, 02:21 PM
I just clicked on the link from the home page and got a 5 year old article about John Chaney and Goons...Weird!