PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Streelman update

jimsumner
08-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Duke alum Kevin Streelman has shot a 64-65 in the first two rounds in Greensboro and is one stroke off the lead going into tomorrow's action.

Fellow Duke alum Joe Ogilvie didn't fare so well and will miss the cut.

fogey
08-21-2010, 09:56 AM
when the Golf Channel interviewed Kevin after the round, with huge smile he said he and his wife couldn't wait to drive over to Duke, see campus, golf range, etc. Once it gets in your blood....

jimsumner
08-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Streelman couldn't get anything going today and shot a 70. Not going to win but stands to make a pretty good paycheck.

sagegrouse
08-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Streelman couldn't get anything going today and shot a 70. Not going to win but stands to make a pretty good paycheck.

Streelman got little air time today as he fell out of the leaderboard early. But at the conclusion of the telecast, there were only two groups on the course, and we got to see his birdie on 18. We also got to hear all the Duke stuff the announcers had rehearsed if he had been on the leaderboard throughout the round.

sagegrouse

oldnavy
08-30-2010, 06:48 AM
Kevin played very solid and significantly improved his FedEx standing at the Barclays this weekend. I am not sure of the exact number of spots he moved up, but he went from being in the 100's to being in the 20's! He is playing really well right now, so anything is possible. Go Kevin!! p.s, I noticed his choice of Sunday color's, a Duke blue shirt!

oldnavy
08-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Kevin played very solid and significantly improved his FedEx standing at the Barclays this weekend. I am not sure of the exact number of spots he moved up, but he went from being in the 100's to being in the 20's! He is playing really well right now, so anything is possible. Go Kevin!! p.s, I noticed his choice of Sunday color's, a Duke blue shirt!

Fox News has him listed as 18th in the standings. He started at 102. Nice...

roywhite
08-30-2010, 08:19 AM

And his tie for 3rd earned him $435,000 for the weekend.

Kevin is now 60th on the PGA earnings list with over $1.135 mil for the year. Congrats and keep up the good work.

JasonEvans
08-30-2010, 11:07 AM

He has assured himself of playing in the next 2 playoff events (top 100 and top 70 qualify for each). He still probably has a bit of work to do to make sure he makes it to the Tour Championship (top 30) but he has a good shot at it.

--Jason "Joe O had a poor showing at the Barclay's and did not qualify for the next round of the playoffs" Evans