PDA

View Full Version : Alexis Rogers to transfer

jimsumner
08-17-2010, 05:02 PM
From press release

"Bowling Green State University women’s basketball coach Curt Miller has announced the addition of Alexis Rogers to the program. Rogers, a transfer from Duke University, will sit out the 2010-11 season per NCAA regulations, and will retain three seasons of eligibility.

“Alexis will be a great addition to our BGSU family,” said Miller. “After learning of her desire to move back closer to home, I developed a connection with Alexis quickly and felt our program would be an outstanding fit for her.

“I am excited to work with Alexis, as she is a talented and versatile player capable of playing as many as three positions for the Falcons.”'

Rogers, a 6-1 wing/forward, is a native of West Chester, Ohio. She played in 24 games off the bench as a freshman at Duke in 2009-10, helping the Blue Devils to a 30-6 overall record and a 12-2 Atlantic Coast Conference mark. Duke won the ACC championship and advanced to the Elite Eight of the NCAA Championships.

Rogers averaged 1.5 points and 1.6 rebounds per game, playing 5.2 minutes per contest for the Blue Devils. She had a pair of double-digit scoring games, with a career-high 14 points in her collegiate debut vs. Houston Baptist and an 11-point outing in just eight minutes of action vs. North Carolina Central. She had season-high totals of seven rebounds in the HBU game and four steals vs. N.C. Central.

Kedsy
08-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Seems like a lot of transfers from our women's program, doesn't it?

Jim3k
08-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Seems like a lot of transfers from our women's program, doesn't it?

True, but check what's in our No. 1-rated recruiting class this year. I suspect Alexis saw that her PT was going to disappear. It's not like she was a star in the wings.

Even so, I wish her well.