PDA

View Full Version : Duke is part of ESPN's College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon

arydolphin
08-16-2010, 01:08 PM
ESPN put out a press release today with the schedule for their 24-hour marathon of college basketball games on November 16. The Duke-Miami of Ohio game makes it into that schedule, with a 7:30 PM Eastern tip-off on ESPNU. The full schedule and press release are at this link: http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2010/08/espn-celebrates-opening-of-season-with-24-consecutive-hours-of-live-college-basketball-games/

SCMatt33
08-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Normally, I'd be upset that we got relegated to ESPNU, but the game on ESPN is the opening of Louisville's new arena against Butler, and ESPN2 has a UConn-Baylor women's match-up that starts an hour ahead of us (ESPN2 isn't showing any men's games at any point and will probably pick up ESPN's normal weekday schedule). I'm guessing that there will be a random non-BCS football game conveniently slotted in at 8:30. We probably could have gotten the game as part of the ESPN marathon, but decided it wasn't worth it to play on a Tuesday afternoon.

CameronBornAndBred
08-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Normally, I'd be upset that we got relegated to ESPNU, but the game on ESPN is the opening of Louisville's new arena against Butler, and ESPN2 has a UConn-Baylor women's match-up that starts an hour ahead of us (ESPN2 isn't showing any men's games at any point and will probably pick up ESPN's normal weekday schedule). I'm guessing that there will be a random non-BCS football game conveniently slotted in at 8:30. We probably could have gotten the game as part of the ESPN marathon, but decided it wasn't worth it to play on a Tuesday afternoon.
Hell, I'm happy enough to see them play on national tv versus a scrub team. That would often be radio fodder.