PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a Roy Williams bobblehead?

AVL Duke
08-16-2010, 12:42 PM
We live in Asheville and have tickets for this Saturday's Asheville Tourist game. I just noticed that it is also a Roy Williams bobblehead give-away night (Ol' Roy is from Asheville). As a Duke fan I would be inclined to take a pass on the give-away, but it might be fun to have to use ... creatively. I would like to solicit suggestions for what a Duke fan can do with a Roy Williams bobblehead. Please make the suggestions clean and creative. As Terry Sanford wrote in 1984, "I don't think we need to be crude and obscene to be effectively enthusiastic. We can cheer and taunt with style; that should be the Duke trademark." Thanks for your creative assistance!

brevity
08-16-2010, 12:51 PM
We live in Asheville and have tickets for this Saturday's Asheville Tourist game. I just noticed that it is also a Roy Williams bobblehead give-away night (Ol' Roy is from Asheville). As a Duke fan I would be inclined to take a pass on the give-away, but it might be fun to have to use ... creatively. I would like to solicit suggestions for what a Duke fan can do with a Roy Williams bobblehead. Please make the suggestions clean and creative. As Terry Sanford wrote in 1984, "I don't think we need to be crude and obscene to be effectively enthusiastic. We can cheer and taunt with style; that should be the Duke trademark." Thanks for your creative assistance!

First, don't destroy it. Instead, make Ol' Bobblin' Roy like the Travelocity/Amelie gnome and take funny pictures of it...

Under a bus (or in a bus with pictures of players under it)
Getting a haircut and holding a Haiti postcard
Next to Bonnie Bernstein (or a picture of her)
Wearing a black sweater and Kansas sticker

...and then post them on this thread. Any more suggestions? I agree about keeping it clean.

Oh, and if you can post a short video of the bobbling, I'm sure we can use it over and over again, like a Carolina-specific pancake bunny.

Lennies
08-16-2010, 01:00 PM
First you'd have to paint tears on it. There's nothing like watching Roy cry after a tournament loss...

whereinthehellami
08-16-2010, 01:16 PM
You should post a picture of it and hold a photoshop caption contest.

sagegrouse
08-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Ol' Roy's bobblehead needs some duds. How about miniature sweatshirts from the College of Charleston and Presbyterian College?

sagegrouse

wilko
08-16-2010, 01:30 PM
1st thing I'd do is put a Kansas sticker on it...
Then I would set up a youtube clip. Roy and a recruit... and have the recruit ask preposterous questions and have Bobble-Roy agree to them..

Yes, you can sleep at my house.
Yes, my daughter is single.
(I dont know IF he has a daughter, but you get the idea all the same...)

4decadedukie
08-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Repaint to ensure it is dressed in appropriate Kansas attire.

jdj4duke
08-16-2010, 02:26 PM
You will have to find a way to put the arm in a sling.
Stand it next to a table so it can put on and take off its glasses repeatedly.
Adorn it with the worst tie you can find.
Use it as an example of UNC defensive posture and footwork; will require the head to rotate as well as bobble.
Throw balls either 5 feet behind, in front, or over it for passing drills.
Let it sit there for 53 practice days and see if there is any change.

CEF1959
08-16-2010, 02:27 PM
I like the idea of taking a 20 second video of Roy bobble-heading away, then allowing anyone here to post a link to the video whenever Roy does or says something stupid. A sort of short-hand, like 9F. Or as lawyers like to say, res ipsa loquitur.

elvis14
08-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Do you just get a dagum Roy bobble head or do you get the full version that has the dagum Roy bobble head throwing a LDIII bobble head under a dagum bus?

airowe
08-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Have it staring at a mountain of unused timeouts?

miramar
08-16-2010, 03:36 PM
First you'd have to paint tears on it. There's nothing like watching Roy cry after a tournament loss...

Some drops of Elmer's glue would dry clear and should look even more realistic.

Then I would glue it to a copy of "Hard Work" which they are practically giving away.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hard-Work-Life-and-Off-Court-Roy-Williams-T-/190430498115?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book#ht_1115wt_996

SupaDave
08-16-2010, 06:04 PM
You've GOTTA get two. This doubles the pleasure. You can have good and bad Roy and then decorate them accordingly.

You could also do TONS of pretty cool freeze frame stuff. "Stunt Roy" jumping off the frathouse into the pool would be awesome...

Lord Ash
08-16-2010, 06:36 PM
If you have any need for repainting or extensive conversion, gimme a shout; I have experience with that sort of thing:)

G man
08-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Then you can paint them or do anything you want with them. I personally think a series of short video clips throughout the year to imitate what is going on with UNC. Of course you can only use the bad stuff. This could turn into a ton of fun.

Newton_14
08-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Don't forget, the roy bobble head has to get the weekly massage, so get a certified masseuse for the little fella. :cool:

DukeFanSince1990
08-16-2010, 09:07 PM
I am a firm believer of not defacing the images of opposing coaches......oh wait.

AZLA
08-17-2010, 04:33 PM
I'd be curious to see if you could grow sprouts on its head and make it into a Chia Pet

bulldog44
08-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Put it on the back of your toilet with a sign saying "Roy Williams' career center" or him saying "Lift the lid to see what I think about UNC, errr now I mean Kansas."

Jim3k
08-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Tire chock for your garage?

oldnavy
08-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Tee it up and take a 460cc driver to it!

hudlow
08-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Put it in a microwave and film it.

hud

jdj4duke
08-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Tee it up and take a 460cc driver to it!

I would use a square grooved wedge to make sure it gets the spin its namesake generates. It would be great to see it back up even more than normal.

dairedevil
08-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Oh, and if you can post a short video of the bobbling, I'm sure we can use it over and over again, like a Carolina-specific pancake bunny.

I had almost forgotten about the pancake bunny! Haven't seen a picture of him in a LONG time - does it still exist?

Some fantastic picture ideas ...don't suppose there is a way to get the bobblehead to "squat" on the sidelines.....

DukieInKansas
08-18-2010, 12:22 AM
I had almost forgotten about the pancake bunny! Haven't seen a picture of him in a LONG time - does it still exist?

Some fantastic picture ideas ...don't suppose there is a way to get the bobblehead to "squat" on the sidelines.....

Yes it does: http://humour.200ok.com.au/img/pancake_bunny.jpg