PDA

View Full Version : Davis, Hurley, Laettner.

jammsb
08-13-2010, 07:34 AM
I take absolutely no joy in the financial misfortunes of Brian Davis, Bobby Hurley and Christian Laettner. I understand that the economy sucks. However isn't it strange that three guys from the same team who were at one time flying high have now encountered such severe financial problems?

cspan37421
08-13-2010, 08:01 AM
I don't know the details of their situation, but at least for two of them, they'd be hardly the first real estate investment firm to have trouble in the last few years. I hope it's nothing more than a bad business environment that led to the situation.

sagegrouse
08-13-2010, 08:30 AM
The fact that Brian Davis and Christian's firm, BD Ventures, is having trouble does not mean that the two individuals are personally liable for the debts and losses of the corporation that they control. I would be astounded if they were. The investment they made in the company, of course, is at risk. I would not be surprised, moreover, if they are still able to draw management fees and expenses from the investment entity. It would be standard practice in private equity. And the referenced article on Shawne Merriman makes no mention of going after them personally, but rather seeking a position in other, more profitable businesses they operate.

sagegrouse

airowe
08-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Funny, I thought this thread was going to be about them all being at the Hall of Fame Induction in Springfield, MO today. Laettner, Coach K, and Bob Hurley will all be inducted with K presenting for Bob....

DukieInKansas
08-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Funny, I thought this thread was going to be about them all being at the Hall of Fame Induction in Springfield, MO today. Laettner, Coach K, and Bob Hurley will all be inducted with K presenting for Bob....

Isn't that Springfield, MA?