PDA

View Full Version : Duke's Alison Levine on Top of the World!

sagegrouse
08-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Way to go, Alison!!! Alison Levine, a Fuqua graduate and mountain climber non pareil, has scaled Everest and has become the first American woman to conquer the Adventure Grand Slam, consisting of scaling the highest peaks on each continent plus skiing to the north and south poles. Here's the AP story on MSNBC (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38684376/ns/sports-othersports/).

Congratulations to Alison, whose Everest expedition in 2002 came within 200 vertical feet of the summit. I notice that Alison is appearing as a speaker at the Fuqua/Coach K Leadership Conference in October.

sagegrouse

4decadedukie
08-13-2010, 07:02 AM
Some years ago, Alison addressed a large group of Duke alumni (at, I believe, an annual Volunteer Leadership Conference) in a packed Griffith Auditorium. She was superb, and truly inspirational. The only other VLC speaker I have seen who so galvanized the audience was Shane Battier. This lady KNOWS what teamwork, sacrifice, and tenacity are all about. CONGRATULATIONS to Alison, another alum in who we should all have tremendous pride.