PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to Craziness Questions

ivduke
08-10-2010, 08:48 AM
I was looking for information concerning the CTC:
-- What is the date/time?
-- How hard is it to get tickets?

After taking in the NC Pro-Am, me and the kids are trying to schedule a return visit and would like to attend this event.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

airowe
08-10-2010, 09:00 AM
I was looking for information concerning the CTC:
-- What is the date/time?
-- How hard is it to get tickets?

After taking in the NC Pro-Am, me and the kids are trying to schedule a return visit and would like to attend this event.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

October 15th at 7 PM. Tickets can be bought now if you're an Iron Duke, and tickets should be available to the public later this month.

Kedsy
08-10-2010, 10:42 AM
October 15th at 7 PM. Tickets can be bought now if you're an Iron Duke, and tickets should be available to the public later this month.

Can we start counting now? How many minutes until the season starts?

4decadedukie
08-10-2010, 11:09 AM
For those of us who cannot drive to Durham for this, I wonder if ESPN will broadcast Midnight Madness -- especially including Cameron -- that evening, as they have in some past years?

ACCBBallFan
08-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Another option might be to become a GoDuke.com Insider! I think it is about $ 10 per month and can listen to DUke radio and tune out the ESPN guys. Can cancel after CTC or after the college basketball season.

Not sure if they would do video, audio or neither though, so have to check before you join.

ACCBBallFan
08-10-2010, 02:52 PM
2013 Rodney Purvis will be at CTC -

rpurvis_44 "I will be at Duke Midnight Oct. 15th !! #shouldbefun "

Retweeted by DukeHoopBlog and crazietalker

_TheFakeJWill_
08-12-2010, 08:40 PM
How do i become an Iron Duke? i wanna go to Cameron for the first... Always been one of my number one dreams! Also how much are tickets?!

JBDuke
08-12-2010, 08:58 PM
How do i become an Iron Duke? i wanna go to Cameron for the first... Always been one of my number one dreams! Also how much are tickets?!

Here's the link to the Iron Dukes website: http://www.irondukes.net/

Right there on the front page is a link to "Join Now". Give that a shot. Under the link for "Giving Level and Benefits", you can see what differing levels of contribution will get you.

chrisj59
08-14-2010, 04:42 PM
quincy miller has also said he would be at CTC as well as Rodney Purvis.

Kimist
08-15-2010, 11:32 AM

JBDuke gave you the details about the Iron Dukes.

However, being considered for season tickets is quite expensive (I think "new" members now require close to $6k/year donation plus the price of any season tickets). Also, eligibility for season tickets for the upcoming season was closed in July.

Membership in the Iron Dukes does have its merits, including being able to request tickets that have been returned/unused for whatever reasons. The Iron Dukes determines who may be considered, often on very short notice! (day of game?), by cumulative donation records and something like a "point" system. But it's well worth a try, especially for some of the non-ACC games. The Iron Dukes sells such tickets at face value.

Plan B would be to work with the scalpers, who cannot exist per Duke rules but do.;)

Plan C is to catch an Iron Dukes member at the game who has an extra ticket or two....

Good luck!

k

airowe
08-18-2010, 11:17 PM
FYI: Quinn Cook told me tonight that Marshall Plumlee would be at CTC:

http://www.dukehoopblog.com/2010/08/18/marshall-plumlee-will-attend-countdown-to-crazieness/