PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 Men's Basketball Schedule From Ticket Order

DU82
08-04-2010, 10:45 PM
New thread, since this is NOT speculation.

Living close to heaven, I must have been the only one to receive my ticket order today. Here's the listed schedule...

15-Oct Countdown to Craziness 7PM
23-Oct St. Augustines (exh) 7PM
4-Nov Cal Poly Pomona (exh) 7PM
14-Nov Princeton (CBE)
16-Nov Miami OH (CBE)
19-Nov Colgate
22-Nov vs. Marquette (CBE-KC) 7:30PM
23-Nov vs.Gonzaga/Kansas State (CBE-KC) 10:15PM
27-Nov vs. Oregon (Rose Garden, Portland) 4PM
1-Dec Michigan State 9:15PM
4-Dec vs. Butler (Meadowlands) 3:30PM
Dec Bradley
Dec St. Louis
20-Dec Elon
29-Dec vs. UNC-G (at Greensboro Coliseum) 7PM
Jan Miami FL
5-Jan UAB
Jan Maryland
Jan at FSU
Jan Virginia
Jan at NC State
Jan at Wake
Jan Boston College
Jan at St. Johns
Feb at Maryland
Feb NC State
Feb UNC
Feb at Miami FL
Feb at Virginia
Feb Georgia Tech
Feb Temple
Feb at Virginia Tech
Mar Clemson
5-Mar at UNC 8PM
Mar 10-13 ACC Tournament (Greensboro)

Obviously, not all dates have been tied down.
All times eastern. Schedule subject to change. (it's printed right there. :-)

DU82
08-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Further information inside (I posted the schedule as soon as I opened my mail, :-)

Additional Ticket Opportunities
Countdown to Craziness
Cal Poly Pomona
Princeton
Miami OH
Elon
UAB

Away Game Ticket Opportunities
Oregon
Butler
UNC Greensboro

Plus tickets to the CBE Classic will be available through Duke.

Newton_14
08-04-2010, 10:55 PM
New thread, since this is NOT speculation.

Living close to heaven, I must have been the only one to receive my ticket order today. Here's the listed schedule...

15-Oct Countdown to Craziness 7PM
23-Oct St. Augustines (exh) 7PM
4-Nov Cal Poly Pomona (exh) 7PM
14-Nov Princeton (CBE)
16-Nov Miami OH (CBE)
19-Nov Colgate
22-Nov vs. Marquette (CBE-KC) 7:30PM
23-Nov vs.Gonzaga/Kansas State (CBE-KC) 10:15PM
27-Nov vs. Oregon (Rose Garden, Portland) 4PM
1-Dec Michigan State 9:15PM
4-Dec vs. Butler (Meadowlands) 3:30PM
Dec Bradley
Dec St. Louis
20-Dec Elon
29-Dec vs. UNC-G (at Greensboro Coliseum) 7PM
Jan Miami FL
5-Jan UAB
Jan Maryland
Jan at FSU
Jan Virginia
Jan at NC State
Jan at Wake
Jan Boston College
Jan at St. Johns
Feb at Maryland
Feb NC State
Feb UNC
Feb at Miami FL
Feb at Virginia
Feb Georgia Tech
Feb Temple
Feb at Virginia Tech
Mar Clemson
5-Mar at UNC 8PM
Mar 10-13 ACC Tournament (Greensboro)

Obviously, not all dates have been tied down.
All times eastern. Schedule subject to change. (it's printed right there. :-)

Thanks! Great to go back to the Meadowlands for the Butler game, but I see that replaced the normal "last game before Christmas Day against big opponent at MSG". I love that traditional game and there have been some great ones over the years.

A good tradeoff I guess. Too bad the Butler game could not be played on the 20th instead of the Elon game.

El_Diablo
08-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Great to go back to the Meadowlands for the Butler game, but I see that replaced the normal "last game before Christmas Day against big opponent at MSG". I love that traditional game and there have been some great ones over the years.

Yeah, but the December "big non-conference game in NYC area" is not always at MSG. For example, we played Kentucky (2001), Texas (2005), and Xavier (2008) at the Meadowlands.

superdave
08-05-2010, 12:23 PM
I think the past few years people have posted here in October or so when there are extra tickets for sale. Please do that again if you run across it.

CameronBornAndBred
08-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Won't the St. John's game be at MSG? Won't be before Christmas, but good enough.

RelativeWays
08-05-2010, 12:55 PM
I definitely want to score tix for CTC and Elon. I can get tix for the UNCG game as well, but its never fun to watch Duke destroy my alma mater.

Olympic Fan
08-05-2010, 01:46 PM
IF this schedule is right, then the Dec. 29 game in the Greensboro Coliseum will be the 12th game -- very possibly the game Coach K passes Dean Smith for No. 2 on the all-time men's division 1 win list.

Buy your tickets now.

Of course, Duke would have to open 11-0 to set that game up as the one where K leaves El-Deano in his dust. If the Devils lose one early, then it sets up Miami's visit to Cameron in early January (no date listed) as the momentus game. If -- the basketball gods forbid -- Duke loses two games before January, the UAB visit becomes the big one.

If Duke starts hot, the Butler game would be the one where K ties Adolph Rupp for third on the win list ... and then Bradley back in Cameron would be the one where he passes him.

Overall, I really like the schedule.

I know some will complain that we "only" play one non-conference road game (at St. John's ... that will be in the Garden, but that's where they play all their Big East home games).

There is at least one and maybe two hostile neutral games -- Oregon in Portland for sure ... and if we get Kansas State in the finals of the CBE event in Kansas City, that will be a hostile crowd too.

True neutral court games include Butler in the Meadowlands, Marquette in Kansas City and ... if we get Gonzaga in the CBE finals, then that one.

And a nice home lineup -- Michigan State will be a top 3 team and Temple will be in the preseason top 20 ... Princeton, Bradley, UAB are programs with some history.

I am sorry to see Davidson not on the schedule for the second straight year. And I would love to get another shot at Georgetown ... I hope that series does resume next year.

DallasDevil
08-05-2010, 02:46 PM
I think the past few years people have posted here in October or so when there are extra tickets for sale. Please do that again if you run across it.

If you're an iron duke (even a small donor), you can now put in requests for certain individual games.

In other news, got my tickets for the CBE Classic in Kansas City today; can't wait!

30scheyer
08-06-2010, 09:08 AM
As a new Iron Duke I ordered tix yesterday for the Princeton game and the UNCG game. When will I know for sure if these tix are a done deal?

DU82
08-06-2010, 09:34 PM
As a new Iron Duke I ordered tix yesterday for the Princeton game and the UNCG game. When will I know for sure if these tix are a done deal?

When Duke charges your credit card.

30scheyer
08-17-2010, 08:56 AM
Sorry to be such a ticket newb; I just thought it was too easy and didn't want to jinx it by telling my friends I had hoops tix.
My credit card has been charged; I'm in.

jimrowe0
08-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Sorry to be such a ticket newb; I just thought it was too easy and didn't want to jinx it by telling my friends I had hoops tix.
My credit card has been charged; I'm in.

Actually they charge your credit card, but may however not be able to fulfill your order depending on your donation priority level. In that event, which may possibly be the case for the Butler game, they will refund your money.

So its not a guarantee...

terrih
08-17-2010, 10:26 AM
I keep checking for Oregon tickets and they still aren't there(as of last night). I called when I got my mailing and didn't see the game on line yet and they said they were finalizing the prices. But also said it would already be available by now. Really hoping the put the game on the site soon.

pfrduke
08-17-2010, 11:12 AM
I keep checking for Oregon tickets and they still aren't there(as of last night). I called when I got my mailing and didn't see the game on line yet and they said they were finalizing the prices. But also said it would already be available by now. Really hoping the put the game on the site soon.

Yeah, I've been intermittently checking the Rose Garden website and the UofO basketball site for the "official" announcement. Still nothing.

The schedule should be formally released soon, though - schedule day has traditionally been the third Friday in August, although there's been some slippage in recent years - and once it is, I assume tickets for the Oregon game will go on sale.

MChambers
08-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Interesting that Maryland is no longer our next-to-last regular season game, and that both Maryland games are before we play UNC for the first time. Guess Maryland is not our rival.:D

pfrduke
08-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Interesting that Maryland is no longer our next-to-last regular season game, and that both Maryland games are before we play UNC for the first time. Guess Maryland is not our rival.:D

They weren't next-to-last in 08-09, 07-08, 05-06, or 04-05 either. Since expansion, there hasn't really been any effort to schedule the Terps as a next-to-last game. UNC coming last is really the only special scheduling quirk.

SCMatt33
08-17-2010, 12:42 PM
They weren't next-to-last in 08-09, 07-08, 05-06, or 04-05 either. Since expansion, there hasn't really been any effort to schedule the Terps as a next-to-last game. UNC coming last is really the only special scheduling quirk.

On the flip side, both Maryland games are in the first half of the ACC schedule, with the second game being the eighth of the season. Since the expansion to twelve, there has usually been a team we play twice for whom both games fall in the first half (it offsets UNC both falling in the second half of the season), but it has never been Maryland before now. I don't really make anything of it, other than the ACC can really only accommodate one big rivalry for a team while still making a TV friendly schedule. So perhaps the ACC is confirming that Maryland is not our rival.

MChambers
08-17-2010, 01:46 PM

Guess I'm getting old and lazy, because I had forgotten that and didn't bother to check. Thanks for setting me straight.

Kim*
08-24-2010, 02:58 PM
According to this Herald Sun article (http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_story/9212086/article-Duke-men-face-down-tough-early-schedule?instance=main_article), here are a few more specific dates:

Dec 8 vs Bradley
Dec 11 vs St Louis
Jan 30 at St Johns (@ MSG)
Feb 23 vs Temple

Nugget
08-24-2010, 04:40 PM
On the flip side, both Maryland games are in the first half of the ACC schedule, with the second game being the eighth of the season. Since the expansion to twelve, there has usually been a team we play twice for whom both games fall in the first half (it offsets UNC both falling in the second half of the season), but it has never been Maryland before now. I don't really make anything of it, other than the ACC can really only accommodate one big rivalry for a team while still making a TV friendly schedule. So perhaps the ACC is confirming that Maryland is not our rival.

My reaction to it was that the schedule-makers must think that Maryland will drop off significantly this year, without Vasquez, Hayes and Milbourne.

pfrduke
08-24-2010, 05:19 PM
According to this Herald Sun article (http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_story/9212086/article-Duke-men-face-down-tough-early-schedule?instance=main_article), here are a few more specific dates:

Dec 8 vs Bradley
Dec 11 vs St Louis
Jan 30 at St Johns (@ MSG)
Feb 23 vs Temple

Thanks. Although I was dismayed to see in that article that the "formal" schedule release is not expected until at least Sept. 1. The third Friday in August used to be schedule day, and while it's been slipping in past seasons, I never recall it being as late as September.

DukieTiger
08-24-2010, 05:33 PM
^I heard somewhere that they TV scheduling process was holding things up. I think it was said that this was due to the delay in firming up the NBA tv schedule, due to the frantic push by the networks to show as many Heat games as possible.

Don't know if there's anything to that, but you're right- 3rd Friday in August has been the day, like clockwork in recent history. It really is annoying and inconsiderate that we have to wait any longer than that. lol

ACCBBallFan
08-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Feb 26 college Game Day Duke @ VA Tech

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/14632/gameday-slate-means-even-more-longing

Kimist
08-26-2010, 01:58 PM
When Duke charges your credit card.

This is NOT correct. I know from experience for tix I bought as a birthday gift for a friend. (Fortunately, I had not yet informed the friend of my "gift.")

Dear kimist,

We can no longer honor your request for the two tickets you previously purchased to the ABC game. Enclosed is a copy of the $-- credit being applied to your credit card.

'cerely

Iron Dukes

ACCBBallFan
08-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Check out the third page for tentative raycomm schedule

http://www.slideshare.net/raycommedia/2011-acc-basketball-4825298

http://d1scourse.typepad.com/blog/2010/08/enterprising-fans-marketing-plans-schedule-sneak-peeks.html

jimrowe0
09-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Tickets to the Butler games in NJ and the UNC-G at greensboro have just opened up to the public. If the team is still undefeated, K will pass Smith at the UNC-G game.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=285379

pfrduke
09-27-2010, 11:21 AM

FYI, the Oregon ticket sales (http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=4297&SPID=235&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=204994958) have now been announced. Tickets go on sale to the general public on 10/15 at 10am Pacific, through the Rose Garden ticket office only.

Also, for alumni (https://secure.www.dukealumni.com/olc/membersonly/DUKE/events/DUKE2306546.html) or for parents, friends, and fans (https://secure.www.dukealumni.com/olc/pub/DUKE/events/DUKE2306546.html), the Alumni Association is selling tickets now through October 8, that includes admission to a brunch held onsite at the Rose Quarter.

Looking forward to seeing some fellow NW Duke fans at the game!