PDA

View Full Version : Any Met Fans Out There?

NYC Duke Fan
08-02-2010, 05:20 AM
Are there any Met fans out there? I need to vent !!!

OZZIE4DUKE
08-02-2010, 10:04 AM
No, at least not any that will admit to it. :p Well, except for Greg Fishel, and I doubt he reads the DBR.

rasputin
08-02-2010, 10:35 AM

Where's Jon Stewart?

JasonEvans
08-02-2010, 01:08 PM

I am most assuredly not a Mets fan, but I'd love to hear your vent.

Isn't it cruel of some teams to look good for a few months at the start of the season, just to get fans' hopes up, and then suck the rest of the season so -- in the end -- September does not matter. I'd much rather my team be bad early and good late-- at least that gives you hope for next year.

--Jason "at least the Mets aren't the Cubs-- 3rd highest payroll in baseball and not even close to .500" Evans

Rich
08-02-2010, 01:15 PM

I'm a Mets fan, although reluctant to admit it the past few years. At least with last year you could chalk it up to so many injuries. I knew they'd be in trouble this year with their pitching, but their hitting has been abysmal. I don't see them doing anything this year -- or the next few years for that matter -- with the Braves and Phils in their division. I can't believe they didn't do anything at the trade deadline. Either throw up the white flag and get some prospects or make some trades for a run. Doing nothing is pathetic.

JohnGalt
08-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Certainly not a Mets fan, but I find it humorous that you all have a tendency to make singular "Mets" and "Yankees." I went to school in NYC and everyone talked about going to Met game or watching the Yankee game. I had a sudden flashback after reading the title of your thread.

weezie
08-02-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't see them doing anything this year -- or the next few years for that matter -- with the Braves and Phils in their division. I can't believe they didn't do anything at the trade deadline. Either throw up the white flag and get some prospects or make some trades for a run. Doing nothing is pathetic.

Are you sure you're not a closeted Tigers fan? We're pretty pathetic and laughable, too.

hurleyfor3
08-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Isn't it cruel of some teams to look good for a few months at the start of the season, just to get fans' hopes up, and then suck the rest of the season so -- in the end -- September does not matter.

That's pretty much the Cubs' formula for success right there.

Rich
08-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Certainly not a Mets fan, but I find it humorous that you all have a tendency to make singular "Mets" and "Yankees." I went to school in NYC and everyone talked about going to Met game or watching the Yankee game. I had a sudden flashback after reading the title of your thread.

Funny, I struggled with that grammar in my response to the original post. When spoken, you are right that they are referred to in the singular. But I figured I'd be grammatically correct when writing them as a plural.

Also, the same holds with other NY teams -- "Wanna go to the Knick game?" or "Let's go to a Ranger game." I guess people don't do that outside of NY?

DukeBlueNV
08-03-2010, 05:33 PM
It's a hard life as a Mets fan.... at least I have Duke.

duke74
08-04-2010, 05:29 PM

Since 1962...began going at 10 yrs old to the Polo Grounds with my dad (a former Bklyn Dodgers fan). The season tix at Shea then CitiField

Where are Marvelous Marv and Choo Choo Coleman now that we need them!

Duke Mom
08-08-2010, 07:08 PM

House full of (depressed) Mets fans here and we always say,"going to a Mets game" (plural) and (except for a subway series...we would never go to a) "Yankee game" (cause they only deserve to be singular). :p