PDA

View Full Version : House, MD

Channing
05-29-2007, 10:02 PM
I thought that was a great season finale. I personally think that Gregory House and Ari Gold are the two best characters on TV (other shows may be better, but as far as characters go, I think they are the best).

Any conjecture on what might happen next season? I am assuming there will be a next season. I have a feeling Chase comes back, and I guess a new team.

Can't Wait.

aimo
05-30-2007, 08:17 AM
The powersthatbe on House are amazing. They have had everyone all worked up the past few weeks wondering whether or not Omar/Foreman will be back. No mention of the others until the end of the finale! All those teenyboppers who want Cameron and House together will be wringing their hands for months! Of course they have been working on two-year fellowships for the last three years. I guess reality has to come into play at some point. Will be interesting to see what happens. We've only heard that Omar will be back next season.

Tommac
05-30-2007, 01:41 PM
I missed the season finale of House last night. Can anyone give a summary of what happened? Thanks.

Channing
05-30-2007, 03:08 PM
The medical problem was a woman and her husband, escaping from Cuba on a raft, are picked up by the coast guard, and the husband says that they were just trying to go see Dr. House. Cut to the hospital, the woman has basically everything wrong with her. By the time the episode ends, House has diagnosed a Congenital Heart Problem that nobody even questioned once. There is a lot more detail with the medical story.

As for the dramatic story, we have known Foreman is leaving. House appears willing to make an effort to keep Foreman, and twice agrees with Foreman's analysis of a situation. Chase yells at house, telling him there is no need to agree just to try and kiss Foreman's http://www.dukebasketballreport.comhttp://www.dukebasketballreport.comhttp://www.dukebasketballreport.com. Chase is summarily fired, being told he has gotten all he can out of the job. Foreman leaves, and at the end of the episode, Cameron tenders her resignation now that the other two have left. House is left smoking an American Cigar with the Cuban, whose wife is now recovering, apparently fine with the fact that he lost his team.

that is a brief overview - you can probably catch the episode again in two weeks on either friday or saturday night on USA (I think that is when they rerun them.

Olympic Fan
05-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Whew, I just got to see the episode on tape (still no Tivo!), just before reading your review.

Okay, so who is back next season and who is gone?

Interesting. Considering that House is one of Fox's most valuable properties, I find it hard to believe they will monkey too much with it. On the other hand, I think the interplays between the three assistants are fairly played out -- I for one am bored to tears by the Cameron-Chase histrionics.

Personally, I'd like to see Foreman return in some capacity with a new team ... maybe he comes back as House's administrative equal (he supposedly did a great job with the paperwork when he was House's boss). I could see some good story lines with the two of them clashing.

Can I put in a few words about what I like best about the show and what I've disliked?

I enjoy House's forays into the clinic and his brief (and usually nasty) 1-on-1s with various patients. That's much more interesting to me than the usual case-of-the-week, when we know that House will guess wrong and almost kill the patient for 45 minutes until after the final commercial break, when House will have a brilliant inspiration and save the day.

I love the interplay between House and Cutty (Please, PLEASE don't let them get romantically involved) and between House and what's-his-name -- the kid from the Robin Williams movie about the prep school (having brain lock today).

I have truely hated two extended plot threads in the first three seasons -- the season-one theme about the rich guy who took over the hospital and tried to get rid of House and the past season theme about the vengful cop (David Morse) who was out to bust House for the drug use.

Anyway that's my two cents. I'll be watching next September (or October) when Season Four debuts.

Tom B.
05-31-2007, 01:22 PM
I love the interplay between House and . . . what's-his-name -- the kid from the Robin Williams movie about the prep school (having brain lock today).

Wilson.

As much as I like House, one of my favorite Hugh Laurie moments was in an episode of Friends, in which he played an airline passenger sitting next to Rachel on a flight to Enlgand (where she was going to break up Ross' wedding). Rachel was yammering on and on about her history with Ross to anyone who'd listen -- finally Laurie interrupted her and told her that her plan was awful and she was a bad person for even thinking about doing something so selfish. Then he finished with, "And by the way, it's quite clear that you were on a break!"

aimo
05-31-2007, 02:41 PM
From what I have heard, everyone in the cast is back next year, just not in the same capacities exactly. Also, since House is always interrupted for a month during baseball, they may actually start the new season in August so as to get in several epis before the baseball break. And maybe before a potential writers' strike?

And I agree about the clinic patients. Those are the best scenes. Like the guy who tried to circumcise himself with box cutters and House spoke to him in Yiddish, while congested. And the guy from season one who kept slapping himself to get rid of hiccups, and House tells him to "dial it up a notch" and leaves the exam room.

Best writers in television!