PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Duke Football Media Guide

Acymetric
07-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Link (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22695&SPID=1843&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=204970941)

I'm particularly interested in the depth chart (page 10 in the full version). It'll be interesting to see how that changes once freshmen get in and practice starts up.

I love seeing Jay as the starting RB, I remember getting excited after watching his game tape when he committed and he hasn't disappointed, his injury last year notwithstanding...anyone remember that play where he just leveled that UVA player when we steamrolled them in 2008?

Scott will probably be very close to Jay in number of carries, I expect the two of them to shoulder most of the load on the ground.

I'm looking forward to seeing what we do on defense too...sounds like we'll be mixing it up trying a lot of different things...I expect at least one freshman DT will see playing time next year...I'm not really sure how it could be avoided unless we occasionally slide one of our many ends over...not sure which option would play out better, though we did pick up two BIG (but raw) defensive tackles at the end of last recruiting season.

Is it September yet?

PumpkinFunk
07-27-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing what we do on defense too...sounds like we'll be mixing it up trying a lot of different things...I expect at least one freshman DT will see playing time next year...I'm not really sure how it could be avoided unless we occasionally slide one of our many ends over...not sure which option would play out better, though we did pick up two BIG (but raw) defensive tackles at the end of last recruiting season.

Looks like a 3-4 defense to me - Right DE, Left DE, Nose Guard (NT), and Sam/Will/Mike LBs plus the "Devil," which I believe is basically the 4th LB position.