PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lin Signs With Warriors

CMARTZ
07-21-2010, 04:50 PM
I don't know if you guys have been keeping up on Lin's performance in the Summer League, but suffice it to say that he's surprised quite a few people. Check out this video of him matching with John Wall to see for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whVEiYap1F4

CameronBornAndBred
07-21-2010, 04:59 PM
That's very cool. Kudos to Tommy Amaker as well. He didn't recruit him, but he taught him the winning ways.

LSanders
07-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks! That's a sweet clip!

(BTW ... Was John Wall in that game? ;) )

It appears young Mr. Lin picked up a defensive point or two from Coach Amaker.

Orange&BlackSheep
07-21-2010, 07:04 PM
That's very cool. Kudos to Tommy Amaker as well. He didn't recruit him, but he taught him the winning ways.

I write this as someone who still has the scrapbook he made from the 1986 team back when you could only find out how Duke was doing via the newspaper when you lived in PA. So I love Tommy Amaker.

Fact #1: He had absolutely zero to do with Jeremy Lin being where he is now.
Fact #2: Harvard should have been better than they were.
Fact #3: I hope Harvard is good enough this year to get Tommy hired away so that Harvard can return to the cellar where they belong.

chrisheery
07-21-2010, 07:58 PM
How could a team not take a risk on this kid? He's got all the tools.

CameronBornAndBred
07-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Fact #1: He had absolutely zero to do with Jeremy Lin being where he is now.

OK...I'll bite. How does a coach not help his player?

Orange&BlackSheep
07-21-2010, 09:34 PM
OK .... I overstated that a lot. I thought he only coached him 2 years. He actually coached him 3. I recant.

HaveFunExpectToWin
07-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Another Harvard kid getting a six-figure job right out of college... yawn.

UrinalCake
07-22-2010, 11:43 AM
I just heard about this guy for the first time from another friend... to my knowledge he is the first Asian guard in the NBA. The other Asian players I can think of - Yao, Yi, and that guy who used to play for Dallas - are all big, slow centers/forwards. Hopefully this Li guy can break some of the stereotypes.

Billy Dat
07-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Don't forget Yuta Tabuse!

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/yuta_tabuse/

Bluedog
07-22-2010, 07:07 PM
I just heard about this guy for the first time from another friend... to my knowledge he is the first Asian guard in the NBA. The other Asian players I can think of - Yao, Yi, and that guy who used to play for Dallas - are all big, slow centers/forwards. Hopefully this Li guy can break some of the stereotypes.

Apparently, he'd be the first American born Asian in the NBA since Wat Misaka, who was born in 1923!

Another Harvard kid getting a six-figure job right out of college... yawn.

Harvey Mudd is really the place to rake it in according to this (http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/22/pf/college/highest_paying_college_majors/index.htm)article. ;) (Edit: that is the new wink face? Looks like it's laughing...) Harvard ranks a "pathetic" fourth in the nation behind Mudd, Dartmouth, and Princeton. (Duke ranks 9th).

hq2
07-23-2010, 01:42 PM
I'd heard of Lin before, but hadn't seen him play. He sure looked like the real thing in that video, didn't he? Looks like he has all the tools. Hope he has a good NBA career.

theAlaskanBear
07-23-2010, 02:21 PM
I am actually impressed with the Warriors off-season for once! David Lee and Jeremy Lin are solid pick-ups! Too bad they won't play defense -- could be a pretty decent team!