PDA

View Full Version : Gbinije on ESPNU Tonight at 7 PM!

airowe
07-15-2010, 11:45 AM
His Team Takeover DC made it to the Peach Jam Finals and the game which is live at 3 PM today will be replayed tonight at 7!

left_hook_lacey
07-15-2010, 06:37 PM
His Team Takeover DC made it to the Peach Jam Finals and the game which is live at 3 PM today will be replayed tonight at 7!

Are there any other players in that game we should keep an eye out for? Maybe others going to ACC teams?

MisterRoddy
07-15-2010, 07:03 PM

Thanks for the info Airowe, it's gametime! er..sort of.

_TheFakeJWill_
07-15-2010, 07:13 PM
MG looks good so far... kinda sux we didnt offer Brad Beal though :( Especially if we dont get Austin Rivers!

_TheFakeJWill_
07-15-2010, 07:18 PM
oh and its also nice to know how to pronounce his name Ben-E-Jay... would have never figured that one out.

muzikfrk75
07-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Grrr....I wish I would have saw this...but I did see that he was the Player Of The Game (19 pts 6 reb) :)

Bluedevil114
07-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Watching it on DVR right now. Still 1st half but he takes the ball to the rim with authority. He is athletic, plays tough defense and has a good mid range game. A nice stroke. I am very impressed so far.

DevilHorns
07-15-2010, 09:02 PM
I didn't get to watch all of the game but I was definitely impressed. I can see how the staff is blown away by his talent ceiling. He has a very natural feel for the game and seems to know how to be in position for team defense, transition game, and offensive sets. I like his aggressiveness and ball-handling skills as well for a tall guy.

roywhite
07-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Watched most of the game and liked what I saw. Gbinije is not flashy, but effective; can score on drives and jump shots, and looks like a good defensive player already. His team does not have overwhelming talent, but won the tournament against a tough field.

1 24 90
07-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Grrr....I wish I would have saw this...but I did see that he was the Player Of The Game (19 pts 6 reb) :)

The game is being shown overnight at 3:30 a.m. and also at 9 p.m. on Saturday night.

sdotbarbee
07-15-2010, 09:18 PM
I was impressed too, he reminds me of Shane Battier. He doesn't seem flashy or quick but has a great feel for the game and will do whatever he is asked to do. He also is pretty good defensively, a great pickup by our staff.

muzikfrk75
07-15-2010, 09:35 PM
The game is being shown overnight at 3:30 a.m. and also at 9 p.m. on Saturday night.

Cool, thanks!

airowe
07-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Are there any other players in that game we should keep an eye out for? Maybe others going to ACC teams?

Sorry, was watching the game on DVR and didn't want to spoil it. James Robinson (2012 guard) is one to watch if you see it again. #5 in black. Coach K liked what he saw down in Augusta reportedly...

roywhite
07-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Sorry, was watching the game on DVR and didn't want to spoil it. James Robinson (2012 guard) is one to watch if you see it again. #5 in black. Coach K liked what he saw down in Augusta reportedly...

Thanks, airowe, wasn't aware of potential interest in Robinson.

He looked solid on a well-balanced team. As a sophomore, Robinson played behind Quinn Cook on a very good DeMatha team. Cook is transferring to Oak Hill, so Robinson should have a good chance to show his talents against a very good level of competition.

CLT Devil
07-16-2010, 09:42 AM
I was very pleased with Michael's game...the first time I had really seen him play a whole game on TV. Looked very smooth, and more aggressive than I remember reading about him. He also reminds me of Shane in the sense that he has a good feel for the game, makes little plays and can seemingly do a bit of everything. His production on the offensive end is a huge bonus for us, considering how many other options we might have on the court.

flyingdutchdevil
07-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Disclaimer: I have never seem MG play nor do I know that much about him.

From what I've read, IMO, MG sounds like a taller G. Henderson - really athletic, can get to the rim, plays quality D, shaky J - is that a good comparison? Just trying to understand the type of player that MG is.

OldPhiKap
07-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Write-up from the Augusta Chronicle:

http://chronicle.augusta.com/sports/2010-07-16/team-takeover-wins-tournament?v=1279241628

Thre Peach Jam is a great event if you ever get the chance to watch. Four courts at once with easy, walk-around track above for great viewing. Great alum (Brand, Singler come to mind).

CLT Devil
07-16-2010, 10:18 AM

From what I've read, IMO, MG sounds like a taller G. Henderson - really athletic, can get to the rim, plays quality D, shaky J - is that a good comparison? Just trying to understand the type of player that MG is.

I don't think he quite has GH hops or athletics, but more of a sneaky kind, like Battier did. I do however think he has a pretty smooth shot after watching him. Lots of step in, then jump back jump shots that are very hard to guard. He hit a few of those, and on other shots has a nice follow.

I think if he keeps getting better he could be a nice addition to our squad, but where he is right now he's a very good player...I would say a more skilled and slightly more athletic Dave McClure...but then again I'm not good at comparing players, especially after just one TV game.

CPDUKEGUY24
07-16-2010, 11:13 PM

A quick entry of his name into the youtube search bar will result in a number of opportunities to view Mike's game for yourself :D. I dont think GH is an accurate comparison, but thats just me.

His game is not as flashy and forceful as GH, he is moreso (as many have termed before) a "Smooth Operator" with a very cool/balanced/thoughtful flow. Hard to describe, but I can see him nailing some clutch last minute buckets, and going about his business as if it was just another day. The guy is COOL, CALM, COLLECTED. And as stated before, his shot (mid-long range) at this point is much more advanced than G's at this stage of his development.

Just my 2 cents
Solid Commit, who will fit right in, and most likely excel!!

Lets Go Duke

CPDUKEGUY24
07-17-2010, 01:21 AM
............... And as stated before, his shot (mid-long range) at this point is much more advanced than G's at this stage of his development.

correction, maybe much is slighty overstated but I still think more :)

Richard Berg
07-17-2010, 02:54 PM
So more like Luol, perhaps? (in terms of style -- he's obviously not an NBA lottery pick right now)