PDA

View Full Version : Football Players Clean up Campus

roywhite
07-13-2010, 01:03 PM
What a nice tradition being established by Coach Cutcliffe and the team (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=204967280)

"It's really just part of who we are as a football team," said Adam Banks, a senior linebacker. "Our goal it to be all-around outstanding in whatever we do, so a part of that is obviously community. It's just another part of playing Duke football."

Devilsfan
07-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Cut is the best! We're lucky to have him.

JimBD
07-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Cut continues to impress me in so many ways. His idea should be implemented at all schools, from elementary on up, and not just with athletes. Littering is an act of disrespect--for yourself and for other people. If kids had to clean up other people's trash, they might gain a better respect for our environment and for other people. They might realize that somebody has to clean-up the mess that is left behind. Perhaps, they might be less likely to litter themselves and they might let their peers know that it's not cool to litter.

duke79
07-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Cut continues to impress me in so many ways. His idea should be implemented at all schools, from elementary on up, and not just with athletes. Littering is an act of disrespect--for yourself and for other people. If kids had to clean up other people's trash, they might gain a better respect for our environment and for other people. They might realize that somebody has to clean-up the mess that is left behind. Perhaps, they might be less likely to litter themselves and they might let their peers know that it's not cool to litter.

Well said. I agree completely. And I think Duke is VERY lucky to have Coach Cut as their football coach. I just hope Coach and the players are rewarded for their hard work - a bowl game would be nice.

4decadedukie
07-14-2010, 06:27 AM
Cut is the best! We're lucky to have him.

AMEN!

MCFinARL
07-14-2010, 08:47 AM

I couldn't agree more. When my daughter lived in Edens her sophomore year at Duke, I remember being horrified by the amount of trash littering the grass and walkways around the dorm on Sunday morning--beer cans, cigarette butts and packs, fast food packaging. The partying students on Friday and Saturday night just assumed that someone else would come clean up their mess (and eventually, someone--paid for by the university, using dollars that might have gone to academic programs or scholarships--did). We need to do a much better job from the beginning of teaching kids that it's their responsibility to care for their surroundings.