PDA

View Full Version : Set your DVR- NCAA Tournament

Bluedevil114
07-11-2010, 10:42 AM
CBS College Sports Station is broadcasting all the games from the NCAA Tournament over the next couple of weeks.

Duke vs. Arkansas Pine Bluff scheduled for Friday 6PM

Duke vs. California 7/19 11PM

More games to come

*** It will be fun to watch these games again with no stress and remember how you were on the edge of your seat throughout the entire tournament.

Bluedevil114
07-15-2010, 12:04 AM
7/21 Duke vs. Purdue 4PM

7/22 Duke vs. Baylor 12PM

7/22 Duke vs. WVA 4PM

7/22 Duke vs. Butler 6PM and 10PM

wilko
07-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Hi guys. I'm a cheapskate and looking to save some dough and I am hopeful someone out there has an answer to my Question.

Were it not for my Duke Sports addiction, I think I could live just fine doing Hulu and/or Netflix downloads to watch the programs and shows I like.

So is there any service out there that will give me the live games I want in either a package or pay per game kinda thing that's of good quality to run thru a PS3 to an hdtv and works out to be cheaper than a yearly cable bill?

Any insights or storys of personal experience would be very welcomed.

billyj
07-15-2010, 11:46 AM
You need a friend with cable. :cool:

dolver
07-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Or a good bar that will put the audio on for you.

dolver
07-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Also, it's not always reliable, but it usually has the Duke games. I use this to watch ones that aren't televised in my area:

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/

Just scroll down to NCAA and there is a Kansas fan that usually posts links to a bunch of the games when the season rolls around.

DevilOfATime
07-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Thank you already have my new DVR set. Since lightining fried the other one and lost everything.

moonpie23
07-15-2010, 10:34 PM
hahaha......erased a bunch of my wife's what not to wear episodes...

i bleed duke blue.......and probably real blood when she sees it...lol

left_hook_lacey
07-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Or a good bar that will put the audio on for you.

At most Buffalo Wild Wings and Hooters, you can request a personal audio device that fits on your table. It's basically a speaker that you can tune into any of the 50 tvs that have games on in the place.

BWW's offers this in more locations than Hooter's, but they both do where I live.

elvis14
07-16-2010, 12:51 AM
7/21 Duke vs. Purdue 4PM

7/22 Duke vs. Baylor 12PM

7/22 Duke vs. WVA 4PM

7/22 Duke vs. Butler 6PM and 10PM

If anybody gets these on a DVD, please let me know :-)

LBJFlight23
07-16-2010, 01:15 AM
i have butler and wvu game in 720p hd, but my baylor copy is not the greatest quality. neither is purdue. if anyone is able to get those in 720p, i would be very happy and of course would love to share my final four games too.

and i have no cal or arkansas copy -- would be nice to get it all :)

Son of Mojo
07-16-2010, 04:41 AM
Got them set in my dvr now as well, though the Purdue game doesn't look like it's taking for some reason. That one I'll have to double check on. It will be really nice to see the Baylor game without local affilate channel 2's "great" weather break-ins that nearly ruined the 2nd half for me. But (and for those around the Triad area will know) we'd expect nothing less from channel 2........

1 24 90
07-16-2010, 01:36 PM
How crazy am I that I am uber excited to watch the Arkansas Pine Bluff game tonight? I didn't get to see it originally since I was in New Orleans for their first and second round games. Even though it was the in between day for the New Orleans games, I probably had a few too many hurricanes in my system to focus on the Duke game since it was the last one of the night. Oh well. Tonight I will focus. Go Devils!

_TheFakeJWill_
07-16-2010, 01:42 PM
i cant find it on tv. either it isnt on or its just not showing up on my menu screen :( I have comcast?!

Stray Gator
07-16-2010, 02:30 PM
i cant find it on tv. either it isnt on or its just not showing up on my menu screen :( I have comcast?!

I believe that, in most cable systems, the CBSC channel is part of an optional "Sports Pack" that you're required to order for an additional monthly fee. Here in Tampa on Brighthouse, we get the high-def Sports Pak that includes more than 20 channels for less than $5 per month.

PADukeMom
07-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Thank you already have my new DVR set. Since lightining fried the other one and lost everything.

Oh WOW!! Sorry to hear that. I have threatened bodily injury to my son if he accidently deletes the championship game & the ESPNews post game interviews.

Bluedevil114
07-16-2010, 08:32 PM
http://vault.ncaa.com/?tag=mmod-watch-highlights;vault

Here is a great website that you can review some of the games by team over the past 10 years.

94duke
07-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Did anybody else notice that the video quality was not nearly as good as the live broadcast?
It also took up half (or less) space on the DVR.
I'm lucky enough to get it in HD, but it is a low quality HD for sure.
It's a little disappointing.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the Final Four games anyway. :)

moonpie23
07-16-2010, 11:02 PM
compressed..

i am watching pine bluff right now......zoub's energy and focus is off the chain....

moonpie23
07-16-2010, 11:10 PM
i know i just totally rainbow zoubs, but i am having the luxury of watching him and him only during the pine bluff game and man, he is a ball MAGNET.......

his ferocity going for the ball is challenging his own team to do the same...

go freaking zoubs.....this is just the first game...

looking back, i've got a little pain of guilt for not believing more...

Bluedevil114
07-17-2010, 12:25 PM
This was the one game all year I did not get watch the entire game. Because once it became a blow out they swtiched to other games. Although it was no contest it did seem we were forcing things and the focus from the big three was not quite there.

Who cares right, we won the tournament but looking at this game alone Duke did not play up to its potential unlike the next game against Cal.

I thought the Cal and WVU games were the best two games Duke played in the tournament.

basket1544
07-18-2010, 04:05 PM
I've now seen the Ark-PB game more often than the others (my husband left yesterday after the third showing) and I agree that the big 3 didn't seem as focused on this game as the others. Remember how worried we all were that Jon's shot was never going to show back up? However, Lance and Zoubs were huge in this game. Every loose ball was theirs. Every time there was too much dribbling or standing around the two of them went to the rack. It was pretty awesome to watch and I can't wait to see the Cal game next.

roywhite
07-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Reminder: Duke--Cal game on tonight 7/19 at 11:00 PM.

Bluedevil114
07-19-2010, 11:16 PM
This was definitely the Plumlees best game in the tournament. Duke begins to pour it on from here on out.

Cameron
07-20-2010, 12:29 AM
It's fun sitting back and watching these games without the blood pressure thing being an issue. There were moments, I think, during this past tournament where my pulse was zero.

Mickey K's reaction after the Baylor game is all one needs as evidence of this.

Bluedevil114
07-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Reminder: Duke--Purdue game on tomorrow 7/21 at 4:00 PM.

DevilDan
07-21-2010, 04:00 AM
Can't wait to see the BAYLOR game again -- you know, the one where their bigs were just "too athletic" for us, and their guards would "shoot lights out against our perimeter defense, and drive past our guards" ? That's what we heard in the 2 days before the game, along with "this is like a home game for the Bears, and Duke can't win on the road" .... rrrrrrrright !

Funny, he takes hits right and left, but remember, it was the GREAT DICKIE V who told Digger, Jay, Hubert and the rest ... that the "DUKIES" would WIN IT ALL ...

moonpie23
07-21-2010, 08:46 AM
oh yeah......everyone was saying that this was the game where Duke would get pushed around....."duke can' compete physically with baylor!"

what a great game...