PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea Hopkins transferring

jimsumner
07-09-2010, 03:17 PM
From Duke press release.

"Rising junior Chelsea Hopkins has announced she will not return to the Duke women’s basketball program and will transfer to San Diego State. Hopkins, a native of Las Vegas, Nev., saw action in 46 games for the Blue Devils over the past two years.

“I’m extremely proud of Chelsea and her thoughtfulness in making a very difficult decision,” said Duke Head Coach Joanne P. McCallie. “She will be missed at Duke but we are very excited for her future at San Diego State. Chelsea is a person of tremendous character and great things are ahead of her.”

In all candor, this isn't at all surprising and has been rumored for some time. Knee problems combined with an influx of talent in classes behind her created a situation in which it was difficult to envision her getting much playing time.

Best of luck.

NYC Duke Fan
07-10-2010, 07:13 AM
From Duke press release.

"Rising junior Chelsea Hopkins has announced she will not return to the Duke women’s basketball program and will transfer to San Diego State. Hopkins, a native of Las Vegas, Nev., saw action in 46 games for the Blue Devils over the past two years.

“I’m extremely proud of Chelsea and her thoughtfulness in making a very difficult decision,” said Duke Head Coach Joanne P. McCallie. “She will be missed at Duke but we are very excited for her future at San Diego State. Chelsea is a person of tremendous character and great things are ahead of her.”

In all candor, this isn't at all surprising and has been rumored for some time. Knee problems combined with an influx of talent in classes behind her created a situation in which it was difficult to envision her getting much playing time.

Best of luck.

Very well said by Coach McCallie

CameronBornAndBred
07-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Very well said by Coach McCallie
Agreed, but they way it's worded is a little strange, it sounds almost too supportive, I wonder if this was a transfer suggested by P. I do think it's a better move for Chelsea, with the amazing class we have coming in she was not going to see the court much. Best of luck to her.