PDA

View Full Version : Duke Championship painting (vote for the final name)

dukefan1980
07-09-2010, 12:31 PM
First of all, I want to thank you guys for your kind remarks in regards to my newest Duke painting as well as for your help with the naming of this painting. I have narrowed down the suggestions to 5 and would like your help in choosing the final name. The list of choices are:

Order Has Been Restored
One Golden Moment
Fourth
Championship 4.0
Un-FOUR-Gettable

If you have a moment, please visit this page on my website (http://www.jasonrobichau.com/Duke%20painting) and vote on your favorite name. The winning vote will be the permanent name!

http://www.christianartbyjason.com/Duke_Championship_painting.jpg

4decadedukie
07-09-2010, 01:52 PM
I have to go with, "Order Has Been Restored."

billyj
07-09-2010, 01:55 PM
One Golden Moment :cool:

pfrduke
07-09-2010, 03:53 PM
I have to go with, "Order Has Been Restored."

+1 for this.

basket1544
07-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Championship 4.0 is my fav.

_TheFakeJWill_
07-09-2010, 05:22 PM
def un-four-gettable:D

obsesseddukefan
07-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Un-Four-Gettable :D

I hope this painting will be available for purchase in the future. It is simply amazing!

fuse
07-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Un-Four-Gettable :D

I hope this painting will be available for purchase in the future. It is simply amazing!

I'm not sure why it was not mentioned but the print is available from Jon Scheyer Foundation website:
http://jonscheyer.net/JSF.shtm

-g

JetpackJesus
07-10-2010, 10:00 PM
One Golden Moment

dukefan1980
07-17-2010, 10:11 PM
I wanted to give an update as to how the votes are stacking up. At this moment, it is a two horse race between "One Golden Moment" with 280 votes and "Order Has Been Restored" with 236 votes.

Voting ends on Monday, the 18th, at noon. Cast your vote so that your preferred name wins!

DukieBoy
07-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Found a new wallpaper for my laptop :)

ElSid
07-17-2010, 11:34 PM
website isn't loading anything for me. not sure why.

clearly, order has been restored. one golden moment? who says that?

also, un-four-gettable and championship 4.0 are too gimmicky for how seriously awesome this achievement is.

gotta be order has been restored. you can use "duke back to back, 2.0" or something next year. :)

moonpie23
07-18-2010, 12:46 AM
how about simply, "Home"

Cameron
07-18-2010, 02:49 AM
I like "Fourth" because of its simplicity and elegance. Also because I am responsible for it. :D

But I would choose "Order Has Been Restored." After Nike's controversial usage of the phrase in SI, it has to be the choice. When I think of our 2010 championship, Order Has Been Restored is immediately what I think of. It was our mantra post title.

I agree with El Sid; no one says "One Golden Moment." It sounds like an article of food at KFC.

MisterRoddy
07-18-2010, 03:11 AM
I like "Fourth" because of its simplicity and elegance. Also because I am responsible for it. :D

But I would choose "Order Has Been Restored." After Nike's controversial usage of the phrase in SI, it has to be the choice. When I think of our 2010 championship, Order Has Been Restored is immediately what I think of. It was our mantra post title.

I agree with El Sid; no one says "One Golden Moment." It sounds like an article of food at KFC.

Yeah, I like, "Order Has Been Restored" also.

moonpie23
07-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I like, "Order Has Been Restored" also.

also, this phrase really irritates tarholes...

i'll vote for that..

chrisheery
07-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Went to the website to vote for "Order has Been Restored," but it wouldn't let me vote. Cast it for me please.

CPDUKEGUY24
07-18-2010, 02:57 PM
UnFour'gettable

1. This should have been a poll ? 2. No offense but I have to agree w/ previous poster that One Golden Moment should be dead last in voting. Its pretty corny, maybe more than the song!!

dukefan1980
07-18-2010, 05:29 PM
The voting for the name ended today at noon. I received 1,028 votes and the difference between the first and second place vote-getters was a mere 15 votes. The winning name for my latest Duke painting is:

Order Has Been Restored!

I want to thank everyone who took time out of their day to help me with the naming of my painting. Hopefully next year will require a new painting!!

Newton_14
07-18-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure why it was not mentioned but the print is available from Jon Scheyer Foundation website:

-g

This particular painting is the work of "dukefan1980". I don't think his is for sale anywhere.

I am glad Order Has Been Restored. My original suggestion was "Redemption". I think that would have been very fitting for this team's Sr.'s accomplishments given everything they went through during their 4 years. They bore the burden of much hate, and unfair implications that the program had slipped during their tenure. Many negative nellies had their collective mouths slammed shut by this year's team.

Bluedog
07-18-2010, 09:16 PM
This particular painting is the work of "dukefan1980". I don't think his is for sale anywhere.

The original isn't for sale, but lithograph copies appear to definitely be for sale on the Scheyer foundation site. It states the name of the artist (and poster above), so clearly it was with permission and his cooperation. Looks like a great piece, especially with Jon's autograph on it!

Newton_14
07-18-2010, 09:20 PM
The original isn't for sale, but lithograph copies appear to definitely be for sale on the Scheyer foundation site. It states the name of the artist (and poster above), so clearly it was with permission and his cooperation. Looks like a great piece, especially with Jon's autograph on it!

Cool. Thanks for the clarification.

dukefan1980
07-19-2010, 12:05 AM
The original painting was actually purchased by Coach K and Mickie for their personal collection. A canvas print will be displayed in the new Duke Basketball Museum.

Cameron
07-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Will the litho renditions of this painting available through the Jon Scheyer Foundation be titled "Order Has Been Restored" on the framing?

Probably not, but curious nonetheless. If not, I will simply take my copy into the local inscription shop and add it on.

This will be a fabulous addition to my Duke collection of framed memorabilia. Most likely my favorite once I see it hanging.

DevilWearsPrada
07-19-2010, 10:52 AM
A wonderful painting!!! Order has been Restored.......... the best title, ever!!!

grossbus
07-19-2010, 11:16 AM
i would have written in, "Just Be You."

SoCalDukeFan
07-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Just how do you order or get more info? The website has just an email address which I tried but got a meesage that there was a problem.

SoCal

gep
07-20-2010, 11:56 PM

-g

Just how do you order or get more info? The website has just an email address which I tried but got a meesage that there was a problem.

SoCal

I've been communicating with Brooke at this email address:

scheyerfoundation@brighteststarfoundations.com

First time I tried, I had "brightstarfoundations" instead of "brighteststarfoundations"...:rolleyes:

SoCalDukeFan
07-21-2010, 06:39 PM
I think I had the same issue.

SoCal

gep
08-26-2010, 12:53 AM

Will the litho renditions of this painting available through the Jon Scheyer Foundation be titled "Order Has Been Restored" on the framing?

Probably not, but curious nonetheless. If not, I will simply take my copy into the local inscription shop and add it on.

This will be a fabulous addition to my Duke collection of framed memorabilia. Most likely my favorite once I see it hanging.

I just got my lithograph from the Jon Scheyer Foundation today.

1. Lithograph has about 1-inch white border with black picture frame

2. Looks like it's Jon's initials... could be a signature... in the top-right quadrant of the picture... hard to tell since I've never seen Jon's signature

3. "164/2010" at the bottom right corner

4. "Order Has Been Restored" in the bottom center

5. artist's printed name and signature on bottom right corner

The letter that came with the picture mentions that the limited edition lithograph was painted "on behalf of the Jon Scheyer Foundation".

VERY NICE... and for me, a cool way to make a donation to the Foundation.:cool: