Big Pappa
07-07-2010, 05:06 PM
.... Bulls in a last ditch effort to lure LeBron

http://twitter.com/jadande

Story - http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5361792

COYS
07-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Story - http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5361792

Bulls will be good with or without lbj. Good move for the bulls. Good move for booz.

MisterRoddy
07-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Bulls will be good with or without lbj. Good move for the bulls. Good move for booz.

They just need a shooting guard...JJ Redick anyone?

BTW, if they don't get Lebron a lot of the moves they made in preparation for this summer will have been pointless. They let Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich, and John Salmons walk, all would be perfect for the SG position right about now and they probably still would've had enough room to sign a Boozer or a Lee.

_TheFakeJWill_
07-07-2010, 06:06 PM
wow JJ to the bulls w/ Rose, Boozer, Deng, Noah!

ChicagoCrazy84
07-07-2010, 06:38 PM
I would love for the Bulls to get JJ Redick making him the 3rd Duke alum, but from what I've heard, I don't think Orlando will let him get away with him being a restricted free agent. I think the Bulls will most likely get Shannon Brown and maybe Kyle Korver.

sagegrouse
07-07-2010, 07:14 PM
I would love for the Bulls to get JJ Redick making him the 3rd Duke alum, but from what I've heard, I don't think Orlando will let him get away with him being a restricted free agent. I think the Bulls will most likely get Shannon Brown and maybe Kyle Korver.

I expect JJ will get "starter money" from someone (6-8M) rather than "in-the-rotation money" (3-5M). I don't see Orlando matching that unless they get rid of Vincent Carter.

sagegrouse

MisterRoddy
07-07-2010, 07:17 PM
I expect JJ will get "starter money" from someone (6-8M) rather than "in-the-rotation money" (3-5M). I don't see Orlando matching that unless they get rid of Vincent Carter.

sagegrouse

Yes, JJ probably could get starter money....from a lottery team or a desperate Bulls (should they not get Mike Miller). I have a feeling JJ will stick to winning and stay with the Magic, but that's just my opinion.

strawbs
07-07-2010, 07:20 PM
BTW, if they don't get Lebron a lot of the moves they made in preparation for this summer will have been pointless. They let Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich, and John Salmons walk, all would be perfect for the SG position right about now and they probably still would've had enough room to sign a Boozer or a Lee.

if they don't get lebron they will still have luol at SF (i realize that is a big drop in talent) and they will have cap space to sign a SG such as ray allen or possibly jj. Bulls would be fine either way, but i'm hoping lebron signs with them.

MisterRoddy
07-07-2010, 07:32 PM
if they don't get lebron they will still have luol at SF (i realize that is a big drop in talent) and they will have cap space to sign a SG such as ray allen or possibly jj. Bulls would be fine either way, but i'm hoping lebron signs with them.

I didn't say they were in trouble, I just said the moves they made leading up to this (to get Lebron) would've been pointless, they will have ended up replacing Salmons, Hinrich, or Gordon with a shooting guard of equal or lesser talent.

Either way, I'm happy that it looks like 2 dukies will be teaming up on another team [first, Duhon and (hopefully) Redick in Orl; now (hopefully) Deng and Boozer in Chi]. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a Magic/Bulls playoff series next year.

CDu
07-07-2010, 08:15 PM
They just need a shooting guard...JJ Redick anyone?

The hope is that James chooses the Bulls. If that happens, I'm sure the Bulls will trade Deng for a SG. If they don't get James, then they're still among the best in the East. It's not a good year to find a strong free agent SG though. But getting an adequate SG is probably the easiest thing to do.

And yes, hindsight is 20/20. If they don't get James, then they probably didn't need to trade all of Gordon/Hinrich/Salmons. But trading those guys was the only way they'd have a chance at James/Wade/Bosh. So they took that chance. Maybe it works out, maybe it won't. But at least they took the chance. For a team that has been mired in mediocrity/awfulness ever since Jordan retired (for the second time), that's a good thing.

phaedrus
07-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Has Salmons signed anywhere yet? Might they get him back?

arydolphin
07-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Has Salmons signed anywhere yet? Might they get him back?

Salmons is going to re-sign with Milwaukee, 5-year deal.

_TheFakeJWill_
07-07-2010, 10:10 PM
and i heard Allen is off the board also... i guess to the Celts again.

Brian913
07-07-2010, 10:12 PM

sagegrouse

VanGundy says they'll match any offer

"Our intention now is to match (any offer he receives),'' Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said during a Summer League break. "We obviously place a great value on him. How far we're willing to go, that's an ownership decision, but we value him and what he does.''
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/07/despite-luxury-tax-magic-intend-to-match-any-offer-for-redick/

sagegrouse
07-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Yes, JJ probably could get starter money....from a lottery team or a desperate Bulls (should they not get Mike Miller). I have a feeling JJ will stick to winning and stay with the Magic, but that's just my opinion.

JJ will stay with the Magic, IF they match his best offer. Otherwise, he's gone. WRT the Magic, it's the team's decision, not JJ's.

WRT other team's, JJ will probably be able to exercise some judgment.

But puh-leese don't anyone say he will stay with the Magic even if some else offers him twice the money. JJ has said all the right things about the Magic (hint for Carlos); the Magic has said all the right things about one of its most popular players (second only to Dwight Howard in jersey sales). But, now we'll see what they both really think when the money is on the line.

sagegrouse

BigZ
07-08-2010, 12:56 AM
I don't think JJ would just go for the money on a terrible team but I think if a team like the Bulls throw the money after him I see him taking it.

ChicagoCrazy84
07-08-2010, 01:46 AM
I don't think JJ would just go for the money on a terrible team but I think if a team like the Bulls throw the money after him I see him taking it.

Absolutely he would, but like someone earlier mentioned, JJ is a restricted free agent so any offer the Magic match, JJ stays. I don't see the Bulls offering any more than 8 mil a year to Redick and I think if they went that high, Orlando would match. I think the Bulls will end up with some duo of Shannon Brown, and Kyle Korver or Mike Miller IMO.

hedevil
07-08-2010, 02:40 AM
As a Bulls fan, I am so pumped right now. It seems dukies go through Chicago regularly. The addition of Boozer doesn't make Chicago contenders yet, but it is definitely a move in the right direction. Chicago seems to have been stuck in quicksand since MJ's exit. I finally have something NBA related to get excited about again.

theAlaskanBear
07-08-2010, 08:03 AM
As a Bulls fan, I am so pumped right now. It seems dukies go through Chicago regularly. The addition of Boozer doesn't make Chicago contenders yet, but it is definitely a move in the right direction. Chicago seems to have been stuck in quicksand since MJ's exit. I finally have something NBA related to get excited about again.

They may not quite be a top four team yet, but they are getting close. They need someone with a little bit of shooting to open up the floor. Kyle Korver would be a great sign for them, provided he can play some at the 2-spot in addition to the small forward. Michael Redd might be done in the NBA forever depending on his knee, but that is the type of player I am looking for if I am the Bulls.