PDA

View Full Version : Autographed team posters

gnopgip
07-06-2010, 08:20 PM
When I was at Duke, you could bring a team poster to the basketball office and the team would eventually autograph it, sans Coach K. Is there a way to still do this as an alum that lives out of state?

Indoor66
07-06-2010, 09:38 PM
When I was at Duke, you could bring a team poster to the basketball office and the team would eventually autograph it, sans Coach K. Is there a way to still do this as an alum that lives out of state?

Shouldn't your name be gnipgnop?

GP3NY
07-06-2010, 10:16 PM
I have an extra autographed poster from this year that has a very minor flaw in it that I am willing to sell. It has a wrinkle in the lower left corner that when it is in a frame you can't tell it's there. If you are interested, send me a message.

sagegrouse
07-06-2010, 11:38 PM

I played a game called "gnip gnop" years ago when I thought I was a table tennis star. It is played with table tennis equipment and table. The only legal shots are a volley on the ball before it hits the table or a hit on the ball after it bounces once on the table and once on the floor. IIRC, it is the responsibility of your opponent to make sure the ball reaches the floor after only one bounce on the table; otherwise, it is your point. Heck of a game.

sagegrouse

ThePublisher
07-07-2010, 02:26 AM
I would like to get my hands on a signed Goodfellas poster from this year. If anyone has one they would like to sell let me know what your asking.

brianl
07-07-2010, 09:27 AM

Back in 94 on my first trip to a BB game. I was able to get a picture with most of the team as they walked to practice. I sent them in and several weeks later each individual 4X6 picture was returned signed.

I still have them including the handwritten note from Laura Ann Howard.

It's a different world now. Everything is so much busier in the BB office that it seems that they don't have time for that anymore.

gnopgip
07-10-2010, 03:37 PM

Close. I did indeed play "gnip gnop" but as a child, one of the presents we got was a game called Pig Pong, with, yes, pigs that puff out air that guided a foam ball/shuttlecock thing over a cheap plastic barricade. Can still find it on eBay.

le_modeliste
07-10-2010, 07:49 PM
I still have them including the handwritten note from Laura Ann Howard.

Laura Ann Howard is the kindest lady ever.

ricks68
07-10-2010, 08:21 PM

I will second that.

ricks

DevilWearsPrada
07-11-2010, 11:28 AM
LA is the best!!!!

DurhamNC
07-28-2010, 05:19 PM
I have an extra autographed poster from this year that has a very minor flaw in it that I am willing to sell. It has a wrinkle in the lower left corner that when it is in a frame you can't tell it's there. If you are interested, send me a message.

GP3NY,
Do you still have your poster available?

Cameron
07-28-2010, 07:55 PM
My autographed Goodfellas poster is one of the most treasured items I own, sporting memorabilia or otherwise.

And I third the comments on Laura Ann Howard. She is a very kind and generous lady.

Kewlswim
12-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Hi,

My credit card has been debited by the basketball office. Has anyone actually received their poster yet?

GO DUKE!

gnopgip
12-08-2011, 10:22 PM
My card was debited 12/2, no poster yet

obsesseddukefan
12-08-2011, 10:43 PM
but I am in the same situation...cash was taken out of account but no poster. I am going to wait about another week before I call. I am certain its just the "snail mail" delivery. :D

Dr. Tina
12-08-2011, 10:48 PM

I will 4th this, having met her a year ago this week. I ran into her in the Duke B-ball Museum. She invited me upstairs to get my info so I could get some autographed pics of Wojo and Dre. Then, she gave me a free copy of Blue Planet Magazine, took my picture with their wall of National Champ pictures and the glass basketball, and said I could look around. LOVE HER!

Kewlswim
12-09-2011, 01:53 AM
Thank you for all the responses.

GO DUKE!

lilblue
12-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Anybody know if the posters are still available?

-jk
12-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Anybody know if the posters are still available?

The basketball office told us that they aren't set up to do large poster runs.

-jk