PDA

View Full Version : NBA Pre-Draft Measurements (Draft Express)

slower
07-02-2010, 02:49 PM
I just HAD to include this, because it blows my mind. According to these stats, who's the fastest prospect in the sprint measurement? John Wall? Nope - he's #2. The winner is...TREVOR BOOKER!!

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?year=2010&sort2=DESC&draft=&pos=&source=All&sort=16

MCFinARL
07-02-2010, 03:11 PM
I just HAD to include this, because it blows my mind. According to these stats, who's the fastest prospect in the sprint measurement? John Wall? Nope - he's #2. The winner is...TREVOR BOOKER!!

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?year=2010&sort2=DESC&draft=&pos=&source=All&sort=16

But wait--this suggests that Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld might actually know what he is doing! It must be the Leonsis influence.

JBDuke
07-03-2010, 12:06 PM
But wait--this suggests that Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld might actually know what he is doing! It must be the Leonsis influence.

FWIW, I loved the Booker pick by the 'Zards. Booker compared himself to Paul Milsap of the Jazz, which is apt, IMO. From post-draft articles, it seems that Grunfeld had targeted Booker, and were concerned that he wouldn't be there if they waited until their pick at #30, so they pulled the trade that they did to get him - the #30 and #35 picks for the #23 and the #56, IIRC.

sagegrouse
07-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Not only was Trevor Booker the fastest, but he also had the most bench presses. (Tied with Derrick Caracter.) There have been posters arguing that Ryan Kelly and the like should be careful about adding muscle because the additional weight makes you slower. I objected to their reasoning. Although I am seldom right about anything, this stat helps make my case that adding muscle adds to speed, not detracts.

sagegrouse

slower
07-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Not only was Trevor Booker the fastest, but he also had the most bench presses. (Tied with Derrick Caracter.) There have been posters arguing that Ryan Kelly and the like should be careful about adding muscle because the additional weight makes you slower. I objected to their reasoning. Although I am seldom right about anything, this stat helps make my case that adding muscle adds to speed, not detracts.

sagegrouse

Luke Harangody (or as the moronic Digger would say - "'Gody!!") had 23 reps. But your point is well taken, Sage!

sagegrouse
07-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Luke Harangody (or as the moronic Digger would say - "'Gody!!") had 23 reps. But your point is well taken, Sage!

My error. -- sagegrouse