PDA

View Full Version : Duke-UNC going Prime Time

BD80
06-30-2010, 05:15 PM
[CBS announced]the Duke at North Carolina game will be broadcast in prime time on Saturday, March 5, 2011 (8 p.m. ET). This marks the first time that the Duke-North Carolina rivalry will air in prime time on network television.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/13580000/dukeunc-to-be-shown-in-prime-time-on-cbs-for-first-time?tag=coverlist_footer;coverlist_photo_content

The carolina crowd can eat at Bill Knapps before going to the game (they will have to push dinner back an hour or two), but they may have trouble staying up so late on a Saturday night.

My prediction, the dean dome is half empty by time the second half starts.

amazinballer323
06-30-2010, 06:15 PM
I loved the game so much more on ESPN. The annual Wednesday night game in February has been a favorite of mine, as I always either have had a basketball game that night where I taped the Duke-Carolina and watched it when I got home, keeping my ears closed every second I could to avoid scores, or I had practice where I would make a 20 minute drive in 10 minutes in 5 o clock traffic to be home for the game.

You can't beat Dickie V and Mike Patrick. Or any other guys they put on the game.

Color me disappointed

Rudy
06-30-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm surprised it hasn't happened before.

Even so, since Duke players aren't athletic, Coach K can't recruit anymore (he's too distracted) and a Duke team can't win a Nat'l Championship without one of the one-and-done guys, CBS Sports probably thinks it's lowering its standards.:rolleyes:

Cameron
06-30-2010, 08:35 PM
This will mark the first time in a LONG time that Billy "I solved the OJ case and told people about it" Packer will not broadcast the CBS Duke-Carolina game. Thank you, Lord.

Unfortunately, there is someone worse doing the game. Clark Kellogg. I do like Jim Nantz, however. Like Bob Costas, Nantz brings a level of dramatic importance to the games he covers and, even though this type of theatre is certainly not needed to boost excitement for THE game, I love it.

Hopefully, Mike Patrick, whom I love, will get to do the February game in Cameron. I am tired -- tired, tired, tired, tired, tired, tired -- of Brad "bore me with a book" Shulman.

Edit: Dan Shulman. He's so boring I don't even recall his name.

amazinballer323
06-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Hopefully, Mike Patrick, whom I love, will get to do the February game in Cameron. I am tired -- tired, tired, tired, tired, tired, tired -- of Brad "bore me with a book" Shulman.

Edit: Dan Shulman. He's so boring I don't even recall his name.

Are you kidding me?! I love Shulman. For that matter can we get a 5 person pannel with Patrick, Vitale, Shulman, Mark Jackson, and Jeff Van Gundy.

Nobody would have room to talk but thats the best collection of guys you could get to me haha

CrazieDUMB
06-30-2010, 09:56 PM
I guess this means it won't be broadcast on three different channels, along with a Crazie-cam and the JJ cam.

Oh wait, it's being played in a place that's not really special in any way. One channel should be sufficient.

4decadedukie
07-01-2010, 07:20 AM
I would presume ESPN "College Game Day" will broadcast that Saturday morning from Chapel Hill. It would be great if Digger could join Billy Packer in retirement by then.

DukieBoy
07-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Maybe we can get Gus Johnson to finally call a Duke-UNC game. That would be an absolutely amazing game then.

obsesseddukefan
07-01-2010, 12:01 PM
..but I really enjoy the duo of Vitale and Mike Patrick. I think they compliment each other very well. I could listen to thier brodcast all night long :D

msdukie
07-01-2010, 08:29 PM
I would presume ESPN "College Game Day" will broadcast that Saturday morning from Chapel Hill. It would be great if Digger could join Billy Packer in retirement by then.

Nope. This isn't football, GameDay will be wherever the Saturday Primetime game is on ESPN.

Also, didn't Packer retire before Duke@UNC 2009.

Mike Patrick seems to be slowly phased out of ESPN's plans. He hasn't been paired with Dick for a couple of years.