PDA

View Full Version : Maggette Gets Bucked

BD80
06-22-2010, 06:17 PM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/22726382?tag=headlines;other

Warriors agreed to trade swingman Corey Maggette to the Bucks for Charlie Bell and Dan Gadzuric, ...

[Maggette is due] $30.8 million over the next three years ...

The Bucks save about $1.5 million next season, but Golden State clears about $6.2 million in 2011-12 cap space by making the deal.

hq2
06-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Actually, I think Milwaukee would be a good fit for him. They are in definite need of a put it on the floor and score player, and Maggette can do that. Whether he gets along with the rest of the team will be open for discussion.

ChicagoCrazy84
06-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Nice trio they'll have with Jennings, Redd, and Maggette. Add in a healthy Bogut and a solid bench, I think Milwaukee could be a really good team next year.

MisterRoddy
06-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Nice trio they'll have with Jennings, Redd, and Maggette. Add in a healthy Bogut and a solid bench, I think Milwaukee could be a really good team next year.

The effectiveness of Michael Redd remains to be seen. He has had an injury-riddled career and didn't contribute all that must last year.

The Buck's rise last year just happened to happen after the acquisition of John Salmons. It wouldn't be a smart move, IMO, to let him walk. But thats what looks like will happen.

theAlaskanBear
06-23-2010, 01:25 PM
The effectiveness of Michael Redd remains to be seen. He has had an injury-riddled career and didn't contribute all that must last year.

The Buck's rise last year just happened to happen after the acquisition of John Salmons. It wouldn't be a smart move, IMO, to let him walk. But thats what looks like will happen.

A healthy Redd is better than John Salmons...the only issue is a healthy** Redd.

MisterRoddy
06-23-2010, 01:31 PM
A healthy Redd is better than John Salmons...the only issue is a healthy** Redd.

I never compared the two. In fact, I agree with you. It's just a big IF for Michael Redd being healthy.

What I was saying is that the Bucks played their best ball after getting Salmons and I think it could hurt the Bucks if they don't keep him.

brianl
06-24-2010, 03:44 PM
What made me feel old was when I read the article it said he was in the league for 11 years. Can this be true?

toooskies
06-24-2010, 04:04 PM
When you're a surprise playoff contender, more often than not there isn't anything you can do to maintain that level.

On the other hand, Maggette (and Douglas-Roberts) help them where they're most desperate: scoring.

CameronBornAndBred
06-26-2010, 01:01 AM
Interesting short story here. Maggette is Rivals #2 ranked player for being a college underachiever to NBA success.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/NCAA-underachiever-NBA-success-story-No-2-Cor?urn=ncaab,250981

DukieInBrasil
06-26-2010, 09:03 AM
Interesting short story here. Maggette is Rivals #2 ranked player for being a college underachiever to NBA success.

I misread your statement and understood it backwards, but it was an interesting story that you linked to.
Injuries have certainly taken a toll on Maggette's career, in a way similar to Grant's. It seems like Corey's injuries kept his ceiling lower while Grant's injuries essentially took away entire seasons.

MChambers
06-26-2010, 09:38 AM
I don't know how one can write that Maggette was a college underachiever. In his single college season, he was a valuable reserve on a very talented team, played great as a starter when Langdon was out. The only sense in which underachieved is that he didn't stay in college long enough to show what he could do.

COYS
06-26-2010, 11:14 AM

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/NCAA-underachiever-NBA-success-story-No-2-Cor?urn=ncaab,250981

This article is silly. He averaged double figures as a freshman for one of the deepest and most talented college teams of the past 20 years. Yes, he played like a freshman, but he did not underachieve in any way. He played on a team that featured extremely talented upperclassmen including the number one overall pick in Brand. He was not expected to be the best talent on the team and he certainly was not expected to carry the team. Most other players would have been buried on the bench on that team. The fact that he reached double figures as a sub should automatically exclude him from this list, much less make it impossible to put him at number 2.

sagegrouse
06-27-2010, 12:53 AM
This article is silly. He averaged double figures as a freshman for one of the deepest and most talented college teams of the past 20 years. Yes, he played like a freshman, but he did not underachieve in any way. .

You are right, and if I had had my way in St. Pete at the Final Four, he would be one of the best known college BB players of the era. He was unguardable by UConn; yet he sat on the bench the last few plays when we needed a score. Two more points and Maggette is a hero.

sagegrouse

Duke76
06-27-2010, 10:43 PM
I always thought had he stayed at Duke he would have reminded many of Michael Jordan and would have had a better chance of reaching super stardom in NBA which is probably beyond reach now.

VaDukie
06-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Sometimes I read things that are so illogical I can't fathom how they were entertained as thoughts in someone's head, let alone produced for public consumption. Calling Maggette a college underachiever ranks at the top of that list.